[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you fear death /r9k/? How did you finally come to accept

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: pepe.jpg (35KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
pepe.jpg
35KB, 320x320px
Do you fear death /r9k/?

How did you finally come to accept fate? I've tried and tried but it still fills me with fear when I think about dying.

All that bullshit about how "you were already dead before you were born" never helped me.
>>
if you fear death and you are on this board than you need to get the fuck out
>>
>dead before you were born
I don't know what you're talking about. I f you want to get over this think real hard and forget about your life. Kill yourself while you're alive and you can die at any time
>>
>>35418828
Then you would have killed yourself already, faggot.
The thing about death is that we're biologically rigged not to put ourselves through it out of evolution, same reason we have the natural urge to fap and why we do fap.

Unless you can really fuck yourself up or go insanely quickly, your body will go into panic mode and try and save itself.
>>
File: 1429418219414.png (13KB, 640x712px) Image search: [Google]
1429418219414.png
13KB, 640x712px
>tfw too focused on tfwnogf to be bothered by existential thoughts
I guess that's one good thing about it
>>
>>35418808
Why would you fear death? It's literally nothing

Pain and suffering are good things to fear. Rightfully so
>>
>>35418808
Not really.

Apparently, when humans experience hallucinatory experiences like dreams, halucinations, or delusions, brain activity is shown to be lower the more fucked up the hallucination is.

We can therefore extrapolate that death, at which point the brain no longer functions, is an incomprehensibly transcendental thing, comparable to an unfathomably large dose of lsd.
>>
>>35419085
Yes, obviously, consciousness stops. However, for the person experiencing death, the time dilation would be near-infinite, as hallucinogenic drugs have like dmt have time dilation effects.
>>
I'm only scared of death because of the Catholic church. No way I'm brainwashing my kids like that.
>>
File: reflections.jpg (434KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
reflections.jpg
434KB, 1536x2048px
I'm scared of dying, like painfully or in a horrible manner, but not death. I used to be pretty intent on suicide until I realized that it was a pretty useless act, and that deep down I was just to scared to go near it. Now I see what I'm sure the state of death is like to be more normal than living, and that what we're doing now is our chance to play for a bit before going back under.

When I think about what it would be like I think of the only time I've passed out, which was like falling asleep but not remembering that you fell asleep, and waking up feeling like I had the best and longest sleep of my life. A really comfortable sort of nothing that you don't fade into but become, and don't even realize it.
>>
>>35418808
Our existence is scripted.
>>
File: 1488163451542.png (93KB, 467x496px) Image search: [Google]
1488163451542.png
93KB, 467x496px
>>35418808
Not really lmao, its gonna happen eventually. No one survives. Just live with dignity and be a leading example for the human race. We simply pass on the torch of our species existance around 60-100 solar cycles of Holy Terra.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.