[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm wondering what kind of people go to Gamestop. It's

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: spielstopp.jpg (3KB, 180x180px) Image search: [Google]
spielstopp.jpg
3KB, 180x180px
I'm wondering what kind of people go to Gamestop. It's not just that being pricey and arrogant reminds me of merchants right from the 20th century, who were the only ones offering product X in a certain area, no. I've heard that customers get additionals offers when they want to buy something. In a shop for silver plate toys!

Even our notorious german retailers for electronics have cheaper prices.

Why is that all? And why do they still exist?
>>
>>35418574
I still buy there, mostly because I am old fashioned and like getting physical copies of games. Also just because been going there for so long I feel a sense of loyalty to my GameStop, I know the people that work there and everything.
>>
>>35418574
I go there when buying a new jrpg because they are usually the only store around me that gets in the less popular titles.
>>
>>35418668
You could order it online cheaper and have a much broader selection.
>>
it's an awkward place filled with teenage kids hunched over with hanging arms while their dad or mom walks besides them
>>
>>35418574
The only other place to buy cheap used games is a shitty pawn shop and a small dvd and cd store, which has an extremely small selection of games. The smaller stores are definitely the best for retro games though.
>>
>>35418754
I've always bought used games online.
>>
I'm considering getting a job there because I'm a NEET desperate for cash, and it seems like the closest thing to robot work I can get.

I already feel scummy knowing that I'll spend my days hounding people into buying shit they don't need and having to suffer through casuals and clueless parents attempting to get shit for their kid. The last time I went to a GameStop was when I bought Skyward Sword back in 2011, since I needed a Wiimote Plus with it, and it was cheaper just to get the preorder bundle from them. The dude spent 5 fucking minutes trying to convince me to buy the strategy guide and shill a bunch of other offers. Never wanted to step foot inside one again.
>>
>>35418574
I have one less than 5 minutes away from my house so it's always super convenient to pick up new games there. I've never bought anything pre-owned or traded anything in, I just preorder my shit there. Physical>Digital
>>
I like physical copies but I use amazon for that shit, the last time I fucked with gamestop they gave me a faulty copy that I'm sure the dude gave on purpose cause I backed outta that shitty power rewards deal at the last second. That was my last straw with them, it won't kill me to wait 2 weeks for the game to be delivered.
>>
>tfw reading Gamestop isn't doing so good
I don't want physical game stores to go extinct even though I don't buy videogames much anymore
>>
>>35418880
Sometimes if you go to stores like walmart, their games all come with the preorder bonuses. That doesn't include physical stuff like statues but has digital things like codes and shit and maybe small posters if they put them in the case. This has happened to me a few times. That way you dont have to wait for amazon, and you can get the preorder bonus or not have to deal with canceling a preorder if you change your mind.
>>
>>35418927
Thanks for the tip man kind anon
>>
I go there I like it u can good deals if u get there membership card traded in like 6 games and got $100 off of the switch

Also I like physical games tend to play one game obsessively and than after I beat it don't want to play it so I trade it for next game
>>
>>35418574
>founded by Jews

This is why they still exist.
>>
>>35418574
I like the idea of a game store. So if i ever buy a new game, ill go there instead of best buy or whatever.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.