[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you deal with the well-meaning but obnoxious normos in

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

File: 1488923620891.jpg (44KB, 445x372px) Image search: [Google]
1488923620891.jpg
44KB, 445x372px
How do you deal with the well-meaning but obnoxious normos in your life, bots?

Background:
> Be me 28 year old perma-NEET shut in.
> Live with brother and extreme norman roommate. Perfect dynamics. We have the same tastes, things are harmonious. They work. I cook and clean and do anything they need to support their endeavors
> High school dropout. Never went to college. Worked once for a week when I was 18.
> Completely disengaged from society
> Managed to finagle a relationship with my oneitis in my early twenties.
> Single worst experience of my life, but it taught me a lot about myself.
> I cannot do and do not want romantic relationships.
> In an accident that left me with painful injuries. Don't want to be strung out on pain meds so I smoke weed with my brother everyday. Then I paint or read or play vidya or watch documentaries.
> It's important to note we never do it inside the house because we know roomie is kinda straight edge (and we wouldn't want him to fail a drug test)
> In spite of (or maybe because of) this I am very happy with life. I am comfy and we want for nothing. I have the freedom to do/study whatever I wish.

Recently though roommate has become... I don't know. Meddlesome? That sounds harsh because I know he's just trying to be a good friend and look out for my well-being. It's kinda driving me batshit though and I worry about losing him.
> It starts innocent enough.
> He brings me home a bottle of really nice perfume and said he was thinking of me.
> I don't actually go anywhere so I don't see the point but I think it's a sweet gesture. Wonder if he's trying to tell me I stink.
> Shower more just in case. Think nothing more of it.
> Starts giving me course catalogues from the local community college. Says that it'd also help me socialize. Tell him I'm not interested in socializing and with the internet at my fingertips what can't I learn? Thank him anyway. He looks at me like I'm an alien.
(Cont)
>>
>>35418169
> He starts buying me outfits and shoes sporadically. Things that younger people would wear that frankly looks trashy on me.
> Not stuff I would have chosen but my clothes are kinda ragged (again I don't go outside) and I don't want him to think I don't appreciate him. Thank him and wear the damned clothes feeling ridiculous.
> Asks if I own any make up.
> "Hell no. NEVER Will. War paint of Babylon." kinda miffed at the implications of this question. I never asked anyone to look at me.
> Last week he brings me a pretty little bag.
> Open it to find a bunch of cosmetics.
> Watched my sister buy this craps at the mall once. Realize he must have spent quite a fucking bit on this.
> "I told you how I feel about this, Roomie, but thanks. I'll hold on to it on case I have a real human function to attend."
> Starts being pissy at me. Just hope he gets over it.
> Be today.
> "Anon we gotta talk."
> Oh lawdy.
> Tells me there is a job opening where he works and he has all but gotten it for me.
> wat.
> I need to stop being a "drug addict" and get off the computer and take my place in society.
> Huh.
> Bro pays half the rent and all the utilities.
> Ask if he's having financial difficulties or if he'd like to save up for something.
> "God fucking damn it, Anon! This isn't about the money. This is about you being a loser and wasting your life!"
> Woah... ouch.
> Explain that I am very happy with my life and that what is conventionally considered success holds no appeal to me.
> Insists there must be something I want to do with my life.
> Tell him I'm doing it. If I wanted anything else I would be doing it. I find fulfillment in caring for them and my shitty little art projects.
> Says there must be something I want materially.
> "Have I ever asked you to buy anything that isn't like trash bags or dish soap? I'd just buy more weed," I say elbowing him playfully.
> unholyrage.exe

(Cont)
>>
>>35418228
> Tells me that if I weren't so "strung out" I would see how wrong I was. >Don't I want to be a better person? Don't I want to get back into the dating game and make friends?
> No! I have always said none of that matters to me.
> Begs me to quit just for a month just for him.
> I just walked away and locked myself in my room.

Has anyone at all managed to tell their loved ones to leave them the fuck alone without hurting/offending them? I'm at a loss. He's my best friend but I'm sick of him trying to be my dad too.
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.