[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do normies love sports so much? " Bro. Did you see

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 9

File: 1477483675663.jpg (7KB, 250x241px) Image search: [Google]
1477483675663.jpg
7KB, 250x241px
Why do normies love sports so much?

" Bro. Did you see the disgustingly overpaid big sweaty nigger throw the ball around the grass field? I paid $2000 for the season pass to watch it all year. Bro, I got the signature from Tyrone Muhdikus, the MVP of the team! He signed my wifes back with his cum. How awesome is that!"

I fucking hate normal faggots.
>>
I like a couple sports (hockey and tennis) but football fucking sucks.
>>
>>35415831
All sports are shit. If you watch sports you're a simple minded person.
>>
>>35415806
First off an NBA sports pass is 99 bucks

And I think sports would be cool to gamble on or something
>>
>>35415806
I am not a normie.
I fucking love sports though. Specifically the kind of sport where I get to fucking rekt normies.
>>
>>35415806
You faggots spend 2 grand on a gaming PC, 100 dollar "limited edition" digital download then pay some camwhore 100 bucks on a twitch steam.

I hate sportsfags but you guys are just as bad.
>>
>>35415806
Oh shit sorry, I thought you meant actually doing sports. Uhhh, yeah, watching sports if really weird, I never understood it myself, it's about realizing your dreams and shit through someone else. People connect their identities with the teams and their self-esteem becomes highly linked to them, this can have very positive effects on their psyche.

It's fucking stupid but whatever. What can you do.
>>
>>35415806
I love it when failed normies are into sports

pic related

Anyways it gives them an autistic outlet, like how they can also memorize every fucking brand and model of every car ever made.

It's also an exercise in tribal culture. Us vs Them. They can say that "we " won when they never did a single thing but drink beer and eat chicken wings when other people were actually playing on the sports field.
>>
Peak human athleticism, skill, dexterity and decision making.

>just play bro
There is no way I can replicate a game 7 to decide a championship unless I was good at sports, which I'm not

>but niggers
if you really care that much watch hockey

>you're a normie etc
far form it
>>
Not sure why, friendo. I just personally like it when Tyrone Muhdikus rams headfirst into Jamaleus Dindunuffin and they both suffer from brain aneurisms.
>>
>>35415831
tennis is for queers
>>
File: IMG_2329.jpg (42KB, 444x444px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2329.jpg
42KB, 444x444px
>>35415892
Vidya allows you to escape into a world where you are important. They're objectively as meaningless and inane as sports but it also has a tangible value.

Why sportsfags think throwing a ball across a grass lawn or putting a disk into a net is "cool," I'll never know.
>>
>>35415806
I like combat sports like MMA, boxing and kickboxing, but because that is actually exciting to watch.

I can't give two shits about a sports ball being passed around the sports field though.
>>
>>35415806
>he hasn't taken the sports pill

lmao'ing at your life bro
>>
>>35416005
Being the best at something. Putting in hard work and having it all pay off by going down in history. Watching your strategy succeed, or making adjustments in real time to overcome the opposition. You probably never had enough testosterone to want to be better than someone at something, or never tried because you were athletically sub-par.
>>
>>35415806
Reminder

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WIbwxGPA30
>>
I wish working out was fun, sociable, and effective

dude that's called sports
>>
>>35416105
>Being the best at something. Putting in hard work and having it all pay off by going down in history. Watching your strategy succeed, or making adjustments in real time to overcome the opposition. muh testosterone

Not him, but we're talking about normies watching other people play sports, not normies playing the sports themselves.
>>
you can enjoy sports without being a normie tbqhfam
>>
>>35416105
Nice assumption there bud. I was in karate for 9 years. I did all of those things, with the pay off of having at least a somewhat useful skill in the real world (I.e kicking someone's ass).

All of this shit sounds like something that'd work as combat training, rather then being a faggot and tossing a piece of leather around. Have a practical use out of it.
>>
>>35415980
dumb peasant detected
>>
File: 1477600341945.jpg (53KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1477600341945.jpg
53KB, 500x375px
"ugh it's pointless, who cares about a ball going into a hole", how about the guys on your team or the guys on the other team? All of a sudden, two groups have opposing interests on the fate of that ball, and will work together to ensure their interest is met. Motivation, cooperation, action, consequence, all essential parts of the human experience. Sorry you guys missed out on yet another chance to socialize normally.
>>
If it weren't for sports and masturbation and music, i woulda shot myself years ago
>>
>>35415806
Ann Coulter says sports tap into our need for war. The dindus beat each other and afterwards the fans of the winning team chimp out in their honor. I wouldn't plat sports but I'd love to own one. I bet the franchise owners feel like Roman empowers playing with gladiators
>>
>>35416035
>>35416166

this. Combat sports is the ultimate sport.

People like to say "I kicked your ass at basketball" or "I kicked your ass at beach volleyball" or even e-sports and video games, but kicking someone's ass at the sport of ass-kicking is the ultimate athleticism
>>
>>35416166
Money is practical in the real world, champ. Even if you don't make money by playing at least you are having fun. a hobby, a social circle. Watching the best play is just for entertainment, just like vidya, movies, internet.
>>
They're fun to play. They're fun to watch when you understand the tactics of nuances of whatever sport it is.

Plus there is something awe inspiring about being part of a community rallying behind a sports team if its on a run. Its not even about the sport at the point, it gives you this intense feeling of togetherness for something greater that borders on religious fervor.
>>
File: disgust.jpg (82KB, 454x453px) Image search: [Google]
disgust.jpg
82KB, 454x453px
>>35415806
I love basketball. It honestly gives me something to look forward trough the day. Also takes my mind off the reality that surrounds me. I used to hate sports just like you man. Grow the fuck up and accept the fact that some people like different things and it doesn't make them normies you stuipd fuck
>>
>>35416224
Everything people seek in sports can be acquired in combat, whether it's physical or with weapons. I don't see why people don't do more martial arts or military training. It gets that release and they have something tangible to show for it.
>>
>>35416209
>I wouldn't plat sports but I'd love to own one.

I, too, would love to own a sport.
>>
>>35416256
This

I love playing and watching soccer ever since i was a kid. Op your a fucking retard not everyone who likes sports is a normie.
>>
>>35416166
Ooh shit karate master here what a badass.
Fuck off pussy karate doesn't do shit in a real fight you'd get your ass beat
>>
>>35416228
>>35416228
People watching sports aren't making money. I'm not questioning the logic of those who do it as a job, I'm questioning the logic of those who do it recreationally.

>fun
And I just don't get why they're fun.
>>
>tfw was never into sports myself
>hated PE
>like watching competitive team sports

feels good
>>
>>35416262
Probably because there's less social stigma and less risk of brain & bodily injuries*
*except for football where you have idiots running head-first towards each other
>>
File: glock-jord-2006-boris1964.jpg (521KB, 1680x1119px) Image search: [Google]
glock-jord-2006-boris1964.jpg
521KB, 1680x1119px
>>35415806
does formula 1 count as a normie sport?
>>
>>35415806
I like playing sports and I like watching sports. Okay.
>>
File: IMG_2327.jpg (44KB, 399x385px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2327.jpg
44KB, 399x385px
>>35416287
>"hahaha I've literally never taken a karate class but haha I bet they teach you NOTHING lmao I have no evidence to back that claim up but I'm a little scrawny twat who needs to act big without any physical training"
>>
You have to get ego-invested and start identifying with a particular team.

That way you get dopamine rushes when they do good and flashes of anger when they do bad. It's a series of emotional highs, sort of like celebrating a tribal victory.
>>
Watch boxing and basketball religiously. GGG vs Danny Jacobs next weekend. Can't fucking wait.
>>
>>35416315
I mean does it count as a sport?

I guess it's more of a mental sport than physical one, like chess and e-sports.
>>
Why does everyone here claim to be a karate superstar? Assuming everyone's telling the truth, does karate turn people into bots or do bots turn to karate?
>>
>>35416328
Karate is for little kids with ADD.
>>
>>35416370
>so many people
Really it's just me I think on here, I've been the one posting about it on this specific thread.

As for your question, I took karate because I was a robot and couldn't stand team sports
>>
>>35416376
ADD is one of the few mental illness I don't have, surprisingly.
>>
>>35416328
Whereas you feel big posting frogs on a Mongolian basket weaving forum. Congrats buddy.

http://www.functionalselfdefense.org/martial-arts-dont-work

Doesn't take much effort to look shit up on google if you are uninformed kid, which you clearly are.

Maybe get out of your moms basement more you fucking weeb
>>
>>35415892
>build $700 PC
>Jew on steam sales
Not as bad as the sports fanatics, most "gamers" see that it's pointless to spend such a ridiculous amount on a PC
>>
>>35416293
Adrenaline, Dopamine, Excercise, Social gatherings, Strategy, Impressing your peers with your skill.

If I could I would play recreational basketball all the time, but I'm too short and not very good. I'll settle for a court in my backyard one day. It's preferable to sitting indoors and playing vidya or watching anime, and you can do it all alone as well.
>>
>>35416315
I never understood why is it even called a sport. Guys are just racing for hours. Never understood how anyone could watch that, sorry
>>
>>35416442
>use my laptop
>watch sports streams for free
Goes both ways
>>
>>35416424
>weeb
I've never watched anime in my life, again with the projection faggot.
>"heh I pulled up some random article from the internet, and you know what they say the internet is ALWAYS RIGHT"
Fuck you're autistic.
>>
>>35416448
Don't watch, but it's technical and I totally understand why some people like different things.
>>
>>35416330
yeah this

i would have no way of caring about sports if i didn't manage to get myself emotionally invested in my team

it makes me feel stuff when they win/lose and you can still take a step back because you realize it's just sports and it doesn't matter, but you can also get a kick out of your team winning a close game or pulling off a good trade
>>
File: corey hill.jpg (72KB, 480x498px) Image search: [Google]
corey hill.jpg
72KB, 480x498px
>>35416370
yeah it's only one guy who said he took Karate, I said that I liked MMA and Boxing.

I actually did take Karate, and Judo, and Jiu Jitsu, and Boxing, and Choy Li Fut Kung Fu over the years.

>>35416424
I don't know if you noticed, but the people trying to sell books and seminars are linking to several martial arts style just a bit down the page.

Kicking someone's knee out is kicking someone's knee out all the same.

It doesn't matter if you trained in Karate, Tae Kwon Do, Kung Fu, Dutch-style Kickboxing or Johnny Beergut's Totally Radical Combat Systems
>>
>>35415831
Yeah I agree, soccer is for faggots
>>
>>35416662
I trained at the same gym as the guy who shin checked that kick. He was an obnoxious fuck that everyone called the Dale.
>>
>>35416770
>He was an obnoxious fuck that everyone called the Dale.

Well if it makes you feel better, he's divorced, has a 0.5 win/loss ratio and hasn't fought in 7 years.
>>
>>35415806
i used to think its dumb to watch ppl play sports, but u have to remind your self these are highly trained professonials with the best diet in the world. they known a lot about strength endurance their sport and dieting
>>
>>35416922
Yes we are still in contact occasionally. He comes from a fairly well off family and has no need to get punched for a living. Good for him I guess.
>>
>>35416963
I'm so confused by this post
Why should I care what their shit is made of enough to respect what they do?
>>
File: 1343431476127.gif (2MB, 209x184px) Image search: [Google]
1343431476127.gif
2MB, 209x184px
>>35415806

>I don't understand why people like different things

Tell us more about what it's like living with autism, OP
>>
>>35415854
>r9k
oregno post
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.