[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>have legit non meme OCD >have obsessions with cleanliness,

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 5

File: ocdtest.jpg (34KB, 2492x1312px) Image search: [Google]
ocdtest.jpg
34KB, 2492x1312px
>have legit non meme OCD
>have obsessions with cleanliness, organization, numbers, touching rituals
>intrusive thoughts about death and suicide
>wear rubber gloves all day because of germs
>take 4 showers a day and have to clean the bathroom top to bottom after every shower, repeat cleaning if I'm not satisfied with it
>vacuum and dust everything every fucking day
>by the time I finish all my shit(i do the same exact things everyday) it's night time and I'm exhausted
>know I'll have to do it all again tomorrow
>gives me panic attacks
>this will be my life forever if i don't kill myself
>depressed bots think their life is hard because they lay/sleep around a lot, don't shower, either don't eat or eat too much
>tfw will never know how it feels to relax and not give a fuck

You haven't even peaked into hell
>>
>>35414985

Can't you just not do those things?
>>
>>35414985
Have you seen a therapist? That sounds exhausting, anon.
>>
>>35415087
wow how come I've never thought of that

>>35415108
Nah can't afford one, I don't know what they could do anyway.
>>
>>35414985

This is treatable and you can overcome it. OCD is shitty but you can get help.

Try forcing yourself not to do one small thing. Try as hard as you can, reinforxe the idea that it is okay not to do it, use self talk and all that. It will be slow but you can improve.
>>
>>35415144
I know someone with bad OCD, and therapy has helped them incredibly. The say it was like getting a life they never knew they could have. Suddenly whole hours of the day were given back to them,
>>
>>35414985
cool you do stupid shit this makes you special
>>
>>35415147
>>35415248

You mean like exposure therapy?
I've tried stuff like that, for example I'll say to myself I'm not going to pull everything out of the fridge and clean the shelves and wipe down the containers and packages of food but the anxiety will build up and an hour later I'll do it.

I don't know what to do bros, I think I'm just too fucked for life.
>>
I'm pretty sure I used to have OCD. It never got diagnosed, but as a kid I would do things like the touching rituals you mentioned. For example if my hand touched something like a rough wall I would have to make my other hand touch it the same way to "even it out" if that makes sense. In some cases, if I touched the second hand against the wall "too much" I'd have to touch the first hand against it to even it out again, and just go back and forth until everything "felt right". Anyway, I hope you get better OP
>>
>>35415355
That's where professionals can help. They know ways you can beat that anxiety. I don't know them personally since I haven't gone, but from what I have been told they give you a "toolbox" to use when that anxiety comes up.

"He who says he can, and he who says he cannot, are both usually right."
>>
>>35415391
Yeah definitely sounds like ocd, obsession with symmetry, Thanks m8.

>>35415398
I'll try to get some money and give it a try, I just wanted to vent here i guess, feeling really frustrated right now, thanks.
>>
>>35415463
That's ok, venting is healthy. The first step is definitely wanting it to go away though, I think you've got that covered. I wouldn't wish OCD on my worst enemy.
>>
>>35415509
Not OP, but you're a good person, anon.
>>
>>35414985
Wait how do you feel when you have to take a shit?
>>
>>35415541
I'm glad they're still people like this on /r9k/
I was expecting more of this >>35415290
>>
>>35415087
>Can't you just not do those things?
Top de la kekarino
>>
>>35415602
Toilet gets completely cleaned after, I piss in jugs also to avoid cleaning the toilet and the area around it every time i have to take a leak.
>>
>>35415667
But wouldn't pissing in jugs make you want to clean your hands/shower and clean the jug?
>>
>>35415710
It does and I do, I wipe the jug down with a disinfectant wipe even if i didn't get any piss on it, throw my gloves away, wash my hands, put on new gloves.
the ride never ends
>>
File: 1488493212525.png (181KB, 441x434px) Image search: [Google]
1488493212525.png
181KB, 441x434px
>>35415541
T-thanks, anon. It's the most I can do in this shithole of a world.
>>
I had ocd but i stopped caring after i got raped , real story im not joking or meming
>>
>>35415749
I thought so.

Well i hope you can somehow fix this anon.
I'm confident you will manage to get out of OCD's wild ride.

>>35415797
10/10 Advice
Read this OP get rapped and your ocd will be cured.
>>
>>35414985
Legit OCD here too.
>many obsessions like yours
>became hoarder mostly because of contamination obsessions
>apartment full of trash for 5 years
>it looks like those pics posted on 4chan

The thing I hate the most is not the fears themselves because I know they're not real but how much having my mental alarm blasting all the time keeps me from concentrating. OCD contaminated the things I care the most about in life. I can't even browse the internet without having my attention being pulled to my obsessions anymore.
>>
File: LkARIDr.png (137KB, 526x436px) Image search: [Google]
LkARIDr.png
137KB, 526x436px
>>35414985
>be me a few years ago
>believe that touching any object I didn't touch often was dirty and anything I did touch often (mouse, keyboard, water bottle, etc.) would end up being permanently contaminated if I didn't wash after touching the "dirty" objects
>wash hands over 30-50 times a day because of this
>make weird connections with objects and potential events in my brain, such as if I don't pick up certain objects off the floor I'm going to feel dizzy or have breathing problems a few hours later
>know this shit is fucking crazy but I can't ignore it
>refuse to touch the arrow keys on my keyboard because I believed they were "contaminated"
>if I touched them on accident I'd have to wash my hands then rub my still wet hands all over the keyboard to "clean" it, then wash my hands again
>play WoW pretty heavily during this time, but can't play normally
>have to make my character jump constantly otherwise I thought I would start to have breathing problems
>if I went down a hill I'd have to go down it a certain way and jumping at the right moments otherwise I'd have to go back up and do it over again
>had to leave buildings a certain way, if my character touched either the left or right frame of the entrance, I'd have to run my character against the opposite one

I was never diagnosed because I eventually took control of it but I am 95 percent sure it was OCD
>>
>>35414985
i had this bad when i was a kid but i slowly grew out of it with some help of therapy and eating a healthy diet
>>
>>35415857
>play WoW pretty heavily during this time, but can't play normally

I'm the hoarder guy above. Something similar happened to me in my first huge OCD spike. After all the mess OCD did in my life I'm having trouble using the computer because of it again.

How did you got out of it?
>>
>>35415918
honestly, it just got to the point where I was so lazy and depressed that I couldn't be half assed to satisfy any of my compulsive thoughts, eventually the thoughts left my brain and I stopped making associations with objects and events
in retrospect I think my OCD stemmed from the fact that I am a huge hypochondriac because the weird associations were all related to my health, and at that time I actually did suffer from some kind of allergy induced asthma

hell, I still have it, but it went from a robot-tier mental illness to a "lol I'm so OCD xDDDD" normie-tier problem, like I still wash my hands all the time, and I'll always be obsessed with symmetry
>>
File: 1443639140367.jpg (15KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1443639140367.jpg
15KB, 400x400px
>have severe reading ocd
>after i read a sentence i get this feeling like maybe i missed a word or i didnt comprehend what i read
>read it again
>get the same feeling
>read it again
>finally get past it and read a whole paragraph
>feeling comes back
>read the paragraph again
>finally read whole page
>REREAD THE ENTIRE PAGE
>>
>>35415463
Out of curiosity, have you ever drank? I don't know if it'd help but it seems like it'd be easier to say fuck it and not do something if you have a bit of alcohol in you.

don't take this as an encouragement to drink btw, I'm pretty sure mixing drugs and mental illness usually doesn't turn out well
>>
>>35416345
I used to have something like this. But it was kind of the opposite- I had to check everything I wrote letter by letter to make sure it wasn't misspelled. And if my brain jumped ahead I'd have to start the sentence over. Essays were a pain.
>>
I have a lot of urges that seem similar to what you guys are saying, but much milder (enough to annoy me but not enough to be a burden). Did you guys always have this at the intensity you have it, or did it start small and get worse over time?
>>
>>35416767
Personally, I've never been diagnosed but I have very mild things (like if I spin around, I have to spin around the other way an equal number of times to "even it out"). They don't interfere with my everyday life so I didn't even think it was a thing until I found out about OCD.

I think it's different for everyone but mine is so mild that it has decreased over time. Sometimes a new habit will form but not so much anymore.
>>
>>35415391
I've done (and do, really) that, as well as a good number of other 'OCD' things. Hope it'll go away eventually.
>>
>>35415391
Holy shit I've done the same thing for as long as I can remember.
>>
>>35415355
>the anxiety will build up
This is the problem, anon, this is why you have to get help.
Your therapist will schedule you with a psychiatrist who you only see very rarely, and the psych will prescribe you medicine to treat anxiety. You'll probably get something maintenance like Vistaril or Neurontin and then something for panic attacks like a benzo.

You force yourself to not do a specific thing, and take your medicine to avoid the anxiety build-up, and then you slowly learn that it isn't necessary to do that particular action and that nothing bad will happen. Eventually, with enough practice at it, you won't need the medication anymore either.

Medication is never a cure. It only helps you to have a more "malleable" personality so that you can hammer out the kinks without so much pain or problems.
>>
>>35415391
>>35416904
>>35416966
>For example if my hand touched something like a rough wall I would have to make my other hand touch it the same way to "even it out" if that makes sense. In some cases, if I touched the second hand against the wall "too much" I'd have to touch the first hand against it to even it out again, and just go back and forth until everything "felt right".
I've done this for as long as I can remember and I've never thought about it as being OCD because it's not the stereotypical germs or safety rituals type stuff.

Also, if I'm walking on a sidewalk and I step on a crack, or on grout between floor tiles, I have to step on another crack with my other food in the same place. Like you said, if it feels like I stepped on it "too much" or too hard, I have to lightly step on one with the other foot. Lots of things like that.

Do you really think it's OCD?
>>
>>35417398
Different anon, but that is definitely OCD. It's mild unless it impairs your ability to function I think. OCD is not necessarily the handwashing everyone always thinks it has to be.
>>
>>35417398
>>35417448
Ritualized actions + feeling like something irrational, unrelated, bad, or all three will happen if you don't do said actions is the foundation of OCD from what I understand
>>
File: Pepe.png (4KB, 134x127px) Image search: [Google]
Pepe.png
4KB, 134x127px
>>35417398
>>35417448
>>35417472
its not actually ocd. It is however an ocd trait. Everybody has some OCD type traits ex. magical thinking, cleanliness, obssesions with order or symmetry. However, what differentiates between somebody who says
> WOWWW, I just cleaned my house today, I'm SOOOOO OCD XD XD XD ROFLMFAO XD XD
and somebody whose house is covered in piss jugs because they're too afraid to use the toilet is the intensity of the symptoms, and the number of symptoms.

Basically, the question of how much of your day is taken up by obsessions and rituals, how much they interfere with you doing other activities, and how much stress they cause you, all cumulatively determine if you have ocd or not.

All mental illness traits (with the exception of hallucinations and delusions) exist in almost all people at some level on a continuim. Think of it like a bell curve, where the peak is where the 50th percentile of the population is. OCD sufferers would be at somewhere like, say, the 93rd percentile in terms of how much time they spend doing meaningless repetitive activities such as checking for locked doors.

Based on your description of stepping on sidewalk cracks, I don't think you have OCD. However, if there are other things you're leaving out of your story, and they occupy 1 or more hours each day, then it is possible that you have the disorder

Personally, I was diagnosed with OCD last year. They put me on 10 mg of Zyprexa (an antipsychotic) and 200 mg of Zoloft. Eventually, I stopped taking them. I'd be happy to answer any questions you may have about OCD.
>>
>>35415087
thanks anon. I'm now cured.
>>
>>35414985
Anybody here dealing with pure-o? I get intrusive thoughts that are violent or sexual. Sometimes they're bizzare like if my mother has her feet up while watching tv I imagine sucking her toes when I neither have a foot or incest fetish.

As well, if I'm talking to someone I'll randomly think about stabbing them or shooting them even when I don't feel like doing those things at all. In fact those thoughts bother me enough that I want to seek help. I know I'll never act on the intrusive thoughts but they just pop into my head involuntarily.
>>
>>35418889
have you ever taken psychiatric drugs?
>>
>>35418907
I'd been having these symptoms before my psychotropic prescriptions. They're one of the reasons I was put on them.
>>
>>35414985
nice try but I have clinicialy diagnosed severe ocd and I live with 3 disgusting Normie room mates. I am starving on most days and holding my poop because of this shit. Just end my life already.
>>
>>35419030
just take huge amounts of mind altering psyiatric drugs, senpai. Then you'll be fine (allegedly)
>>
>>35418889
I had those plus fear of terror attacks. I would get images of it happening and I often do stupid shit like once there was this black guy who asked someone if he could hold his bag while he goes to pee. He had a weird accent and I remembered there are black Muslims. Leaving your bag to a complete stranger made no sense. I tried to stay calm but I couldn't and I ran away and missed my fucking train.
>>
Take LSD ayyyy lmao.

But damn that must sucks i'm the complete opposite. I am such a slob, I'm so lazy that I leave clothes on the floor when my laudry basket is full and I don't want to do the laundry. Other times I'm leaving dishes everywhere because i'm too lazy to bring it back downstairs. My parents always yell at me for it. I read an article that being a slob is correlated with higher intelligence, and some of the most revered geniuses were slobs so it makes me feel better about myself.
>>
>>35419132
>White people think this way
Your literally insane, the chance of you coming in contact with a terrorist is <0000000000.01%, i'm more like 100 times more likely to be killed by a white supremacist than a terrorist but you don't see me being scared of white people.
>>
>>35419212
nigger please leave this website.
>>
>>35419281
>Delusional Whitey thinking he's a robot
>>>/pol/
>>
>>35419435
pls be b8. otherwise you're fucking retarded. This board (like everything else in this country around you) was created by whites and for whites. Not for "woke" niggers
>>
What's the difference between meme OCD and real OCD? I hate mess but I hate working more, I only clean like that when I get angry but often I'm too drained and everything feels like a waste of time so I'm just waiting to die.
>>
I had terrible OCD and was finally diagnosed around 5th grade.

I feel like an asshole, but part of my compulsive thoughts were in avoiding any kind of contact, directly or indirectly, with this one smelly poor kid.

I used to have a chair that I sat in every day for class and I made sure the poor kid never sat in it. Each morning I would have to find the "pure" chair out of the 30 other chairs in the classroom and steal it from whoever was using it by swapping it out with a different chair. Plenty of times the chair had ended up on the opposite side of the room from my assigned seat, so I would have to cross the entire classroom to get it even though to an outsider there were seemingly a shit ton of closer chairs to choose from.

Occasionally I would have to sit at a table where I knew the poor kid had sat previously. Even if it was a week ago, I would have to sanitize the fuck out the immediate area before sitting down or touching the table with my bare skin.

On top of my in-school avoidance, this smelly faggot was on my bus route, too. I had to find a method where I could go the entire school year without sitting in a bus seat where I knew he had previously sat. Because I was always one of the last people on the bus, this meant that my seat choices were limited and on more than one occasion I would be forced into a seat where I know the smelly poor kid had already used, so I ended up hovering over the seat for the entire bus ride home, absoluting shredding my quads in the process.

After all the expended effort, this was still only one facet of my OCD. In addition to my smelly kid avoidance, I still had to wash my hands compulsively, worry about exotic diseases, do the shower pissing ritual, write all my letters between the lines on paper, fold my clothes in a particular fashion, and countless other things.

Then I was given zoloft and therapy, and now I'm just depressed, which is a lot easier than dealing with obsessive compulsions.
>>
>>35415087
It's not even the feeling of 'I need to do x or else bad y will happen'.
It's not even fathomable as an option to just not do x. There is no other choice, there is no 'what if', there is just the completion of x.

OP has cleaning, some have small ticks, others have patterns and touching behaviors.
It's as necessary as breathing in their minds because there is no other form of life without it.
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.