[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>calls himself a robot >has never read Catcher In the Rye

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 5

File: image.jpg (67KB, 746x425px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
67KB, 746x425px
>calls himself a robot
>has never read Catcher In the Rye

Holden is literally /ourguy/
>>
>>35414114
that meme actually made me kek for the first time all day. Thanks anon. I'll talk with you about Catcher in the Rye. When did you first read the book?
>>
>>35414173
It was assigned to me first year high school. I've loved it ever since.
>>
>>35414114
>catcher and the rye
Gay faggot shit. I'd rather read Twilight.
>>
>>35414243
B8 harder next time faggot
>>
File: Meme.png (285KB, 800x399px) Image search: [Google]
Meme.png
285KB, 800x399px
>>35414225
I read it once in class as a sophomore in high school and once again 2 years later on my own as a senior.

I don't know. Sometimes I feel like Holden, in that I know that the degeneracy of modern society is overwhelming and can't be controlled or stopped. It almost makes me want to commit a terrorist attack where I kill ten or more people, but then I realize there's no point to thinking such thoughts and resign myself to going back to my meager life.
>>
I never read that book
>>
File: holocaust_fodder.jpg (529KB, 1280x4567px) Image search: [Google]
holocaust_fodder.jpg
529KB, 1280x4567px
>>35414348
WTF mate, you have to read it right now! We need to purge the degeneracy out of society!
>>
I'm European so i can't read it because it's on the banned books list.
>>
File: rage.jpg (36KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
rage.jpg
36KB, 680x680px
>>35414481
What??? If you read that you would have the strength you need to massacre the muslims. Fuck this gay earth, REEEEEEEEE
>>
Most over rated piece of normie trash I've ever read. 250 pages of a whiney cuck complaining and smoking cigarettes.
>>
>>35414243
This anon might be baiting but I agree. Anyone older than 15 who reads and identifies with Catcher in the Rye should leave 4chan until they grow pubes.
>>
>>35414523
This bot knows his stuff.
>>
>>35414114
I was actually talking about Holden Caufield earlier today. I relate to him alot. Always sullenly observing everyone engaging in normie life from the periphery. Has the worst possible mindset ever. Yep. He's /myguy/
>>
>>35414523
This pretty much, I dont remember it really at all. I think I got the explanation from sparknotes. I only read when I have to because I would rather put my head through a wall
>>
>>35414722
>>35414624
>>35414523
>>35414243
shouldn't you normies be on facebook right now
>"oh XD I found this crazy weird site XD I'm so random and unique XD Look at how weird these people are XD But I sort of identify with them XD"

pls die
>>
>Tfw you postpone Catcher in the Rye, Welcome to the NHK, Onani Master Kurosawa, No longer human cause it would hit too close to home.
>>
>calls himself a robot
>has never read Brave New World

Huxely is literally /ourguy/
>>
Read Kafka. He was so autistic he literally hid from women.
>>
>>35414114

Holden was an obnoxious self absorbed good looking white guy who could have been a Chad but instead just wanted to whine all day.

He is literally cancer.

He is the worst type of /r9k/ poster.

Me? I'm a short ugly ethnic incel. I actually have a reason to have a bad dating life.
>>
>>35414114
>catcher in the rye
>good

he bitches about fucking everything and calls everyone a "phony", nothing about tfw no gf or stupid shit.

holden had friends and had no issues with going out side
>>
>>35416095

Thank you. After I read that book I just wanted to punch that stupid twat.
>>
>>35416095
>>35416156
I don't think you understood the book
>>
>>35416218
it was gay as fuck and overrated, what was there to understand? a teen with angst?
>>
>>35416018

Me? I'd serve crab legs.

organillo
>>
>>35416255
I'm not going to spoonfeed you, maybe try reading it again.

but you obviously aren't going to change your attitude, so just forget about it.
>>
>>35416344
no please tell me, im not going to read that trash again
>>
>>35416387

He's just a whiny average white kid who agrees with Holden that everyone is to blame except him for his failure to fit in.

Holden could have been completely normal if he wanted to be. He just chose to by a whiny outcast instead because of mild depression and angst.
>>
>>35416387
>>35416427
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unreliable_narrator

try to read past the immediate face-value of Holden's ranting

or not, I suppose you could just continue bitching online

I promise you, people don't think Catcher in The Rye is a good book because they agree with Holden.
>>
>>35416485
but i dont agree with holden, i think he's a whiny bitch and wants to place all of his problems on someone else.
>>
>>35416485
>Writes 4 lines to claim there is a "deeper meaning" that we're missing.
>Can't say what that is.

Nope. Holden was an average white guy on easy mode with a whining problem and nothing else.

I don't relate to that and I don't care.
>>
>>35414114
>calls himself a robot
>has never read a Confederacy of Dunces
>>
>>35416540
Books typically have some sort of deeper meaning to them. But you need to have at least finished highschool English to understand them.
>>
>>35416644
care to elaborate on the deeper meaning Mr. GED
>>
>has never read A Confederacy of Dunces

Ignatius could be real and posting here right now but he'd fit in so well nobody would notice.
>>
>>35416644

I've got a graduate degree education.
>>
>>35416664
>>35416690
http://m.sparknotes.com/lit/catcher/
>>
>>35414114
I always wanted a red hunting cap
>>
>>35416738
>http://m.sparknotes.com/lit/catcher/

http://m.sparknotes.com/lit/catcher/themes.html

This is childish baby obvious interpretation crap. Basically it says everything I hate about the book.

Nothing in there is saying anything I don't know. He causes his own misery because he's a whiny miserable brat living on easy mode who can't even appreciate how easy he has it.

Give me a book about what it's like to be a short ugly ethnic and not someone who is just making up his own problems.
>>
>>35416738
so yeah he's an angsty teen that causes his own problems

so whats your interpretation, not someone elses?
>>
>>35416852
fuck off. Minorities need to be hung. All you do is bitch and moan about how you can't get a gf, but all you really mean is you can't get a white gf, you dumb cuck. Pls go back to India and rent out your body to be the new toilet on the designated shitting street. You'll be serving a far greater value than you ever were in this country.
>>
>>35414523
>it's normie because he complains

What board do you think you're on
>>
>>35417001

Actually what I mean is I can't get a slim/attractive gf. I can get a white girlfriend easily. That's not remotely difficult.

It's hard to get a girl who isn't a whale/old/ugly of any ethnicity.

I don't speak any other languages except English and all my extended family live here already too. I don't have relatives anywhere else.
>>
>>35417132

Also I don't want a girlfriend because going to work and also fixing my health problems is taking up all of my time now as always.
>>
>>35417132
sorry pajeet, but you have to go back to india. Don't worry, plenty of people speak english there.
>>
>>35417309

Yeah sure. I'm gonna give up my 6 figure job and leave everyone I know to go to another country where I don't speak a word, don't know anyone, and have no job waiting for me.

Why?
>>
>>35414114
bumpfvdfvdfv
>>
File: lobster1.jpg (211KB, 1600x1303px) Image search: [Google]
lobster1.jpg
211KB, 1600x1303px
>>35414114
holy shit, this thread was 4 seconds away from 404ing, I just pulled it back from the brink!
>>
>>35414385
Same dude later contracted lymphoma.

Totally unrelated geez I sware
>>
>>35419503
yeah, I know, why are people such bigots!
>>
>>35414114
t. underage fag
wew summer
>>
My father gave me that book. I think he knew how I was going to be... Love the book.
>>
Catcher in the Rye is a great book. Don't listen to these people who are being contrarian for the sake of it.
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.