[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>mfw i look slightly above-average in mirrors but dog shit

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 7

File: 1488947564744.jpg (234KB, 784x1144px) Image search: [Google]
1488947564744.jpg
234KB, 784x1144px
>mfw i look slightly above-average in mirrors but dog shit on camera / video

Am I just ugly? I never knew this was a thing. I feel so, it's a fucked feeling man. Who else /ugly/ here.
>>
>>35405208
It doesn't necessarily mean your ugly, It could be the lighting, angle, or just the fact that your Head is unsymmetrical.

Ugly dude reporting in. For me taking a good picture is like a 20% chance
>>
>>35405259
I don't know what to trust. I've also been told by girls that I'm ugly, but, that could also be "muh roastie". Either way, I wouldn't get an honest opinion and I'm not exactly comfortable plastering my face on 4chan so there's that.
>>
>>35405208
its a psychological phenomenon...i forgot whats it called but supposedly if u keep looking in the mirror u'll look better but it doesn't apply to cameras
>>
>>35405208

Just use an app that mirrors pictures.

You'll look as good as in the mirror.

It's a phenomenon associated with you being used to seeing yourself in the mirror.
>>
>>35405208
try being chinlet. your side profile pictures will looks atrocious.
>>
people are like half-half on whether im ugly, it confuses me bc so am i
>>
>>35405208
I realized this at the age of 16 and my life was never the same. How you look in photos is the REAL representation of what you are. I'm asymmetrical and my whole life I would look in mirrors and think I was good looking. It was only until I got a phone and found out how I really looked and felt disgusted. The sooner you cope with it though the better you will feel.
>>
>>35405208
(shitty) cameras are not accurate at all especially if you take selfies. They will make your face longer, nose bigger, depends on lightning, angles and stuff. Trust mirrors.
>>
>>35405298
Uh you're just in denial. If girls are telling you you're ugly and you're questioning it then you're ugly.
>>
>>35405907
I'd say its 50-50. Cameras can be unrealiable too especially if its a bad angle, pose, lighting
>>
>>35405907
>>35405208
I don't get this. In photos I look good but in the mirror I look bad.
>>
>>35405907
>what are lenses
>what is the visual cortex
>what is the fusiform face interpretation areal
>>
>>35405208
Try this. Take out your smartphone and turn camera on to face you, so you can see yourself on screen. Notice that the camera itself is in the corner or the top. Make sure you face is lined up with the camera, not the screen. Now how do you look.
>>
File: allsmall.jpg (297KB, 1628x532px) Image search: [Google]
allsmall.jpg
297KB, 1628x532px
>>35405208
Cameras are not accurate.
This has been common knowledge for a long time wtf is wrong with people?
>>
>>35405907
>How you look in photos is the REAL representation of what you are
>It was only until I got a phone and found out how I really looked and felt disgusted
>phone cameras

Mate... No. Most of the time it's not, especially if you take selfies, even beautiful people have trouble taking good selfies. Your face will always look longer, I assume you camera is shit. Mirrors are more accurate. You should just buy or make non-reversing mirror.
>>
Cameras are only accurate at a reasonable distance and high enough resolution.
>>
>>35406466
>tfw you realize only celebrities manage to take have good selfies taken for them due to journalists and professional photographers and everyone else will tend to look like a monogoloid
>implications

not without its measure of provoking thought
>>
I made a non-reversing mirror and I look so much better on it than on photos. My face shape is actually round and kinda short but it looks oval and long in photos. That's because my camera is shit but so is yours probably.
>>
This talk about camera making your face look long makes me have hope that I'm not terribly ugly, but normally ugly instead. That won't change a thing though.
>>
>>35406465
How to get the best representation in how other people see you?
>>
>>35406466
>>35406613
>non-reversing mirror
explain pls
>>
>>35406665
I think you can compare how other people behave to you, especially females, but you need to interact with them, and some people don't want to do that, so they're usually left in the dark.
>>
>>35406783
Mirror that doesn't reverse your face. Just like in photos, except it's actually reliable.
>>
File: cc1.jpg (80KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
cc1.jpg
80KB, 720x540px
The vast majority of people are average-ish, like 5 or 6/10 LEGIT scale. If you were one of the lucky men that is a 7/10 or above you would fucking know, life would be amazing. Its best to just leg go and accept you aren't physically attractive. This has been very hard for me as I actually thought I was like an 8 or something. Just let go man, you can't control it. Take good care of yourself, treat people well, try to be a decent guy. Its all we can do in this life.
>>
>>35406855
I meant physically.
>but you need to interact with them
To interact with them you need confidence and to get confidence you need to interact with them.
It's catch 22.
>>
>>35406665
A regular mirror is perfectly fine. The fact other people don't see a mirror flipped version of you has no effect on your attractiveness.
You see your face is a little crooked on the right side they see it's your left side.
>>
>>35406943
Yeah it's circular, but I guess if you look good, girls will approach you, so you'll develop confidence. Basically, if you're a shut-in, it's safe to say you're ugly, at least that's what I'm going for when it comes to myself and I'd say I hit the mark. Add to that the fact that a small amount of girls told me I look good (including two good-looking girls), that's the safest sign, because if you look good, no one tells you, you notice it because of how females behave towards you.
>>
>>35406980
What the hell. This is my exact problem. I legit think something is wrong with the right side of my face. Are you sure this just a mind trick. Sometimes I obsess a lot about it and think of ways how to fix such imperfections. 7/10 left face, 3/10 right face. In the mirror right face is like a 5 but still notice asymmetry. Also ratings depend on lightning a lot.

>hairline on right more receded
>nose on right more hooked down, different shape from left and when laughing I look like a jew
>droopy cheek
>droopy lip and wrinkle under lip
>smaller jaw on this side which causes a large line next to my lips

I often think my right face had some sort of mini stroke or that I was dropped as a baby on my right face side which caused it to be so flat. Also just genetics but now trying to get my body fat % very low. Maybe it will help. Anyone with the same problem? When I socialize I'm very aware of this side and will position myself in a way that shows my left face. Sometimes I can't and it sucks. If that happens I try to cover it with my hand. Looks autistic but it's better.
>>
>>35408135
I wouldn't worry so much about it, everyone has some asymmetry in their face. My nose is crooked as fuck and it doesn't bother me at all now.
If doctors tell you they can fix it for you then go for it. Otherwise accept it and love yourself the way you are I guess.
>>
>>35405208
look in the mirror
>nice sharp jawline
>okay chin
>sharp nose
>light eyes
>'intimidating' look

picture of me
>a fucking gargoyle
>>
File: lens distortion.jpg (638KB, 1598x532px) Image search: [Google]
lens distortion.jpg
638KB, 1598x532px
This has been posted many different times and answered many different times. Someone sreencap this and post it whenever it is asked again.

The answer is that the way you look in the mirror is how you look in real life, just flipped. A mirror directly reflects light back to you, and does exactly nothing else. Its the "cleanest and purest" view you can ever have of yourself aside from seeing a clone of yourself.

A picture on the other hand is highly dependant on multiple variables. When you take a pic with a camera the variables start at the angle and lighting and go all the way to the software processing of the image, with a shitload of hardware related variables, including the screen you're viewing it from. Phone cameras, especially front cameras, are very shitty and distort pictures, they can make your face look flatter, wider, rounder, longer and can exaggerate assymmetricalities. The human eye is equivalent to a 50mm lens, where as front cameras are less than 10mm usually.

Still not convinced? Take a look at other people in real life, and compare them to their pictures on social media or whatever normie shit you use. 100% guaranteed that they will look much worse in their pics than in real life.

If you want to take pics of yourself that represent how you really look, see if someone you know has a good camera with a 50mm lens or something close to that. That should give you pics which are much closer to reality than phone cameras are.
>>
>>35409575

This is probably the best explanation i have seen on this yet. Would screencap but im on phone rn
>>
>>35409575
And most people see you through two eyes that combine what they see. A camera only has one.
Looking in the mirror and closing one eye at a time gives you two different views, doing it when looking at a photo just shifts the photo to the side.
>>
File: screencaprequest.png (59KB, 1863x222px) Image search: [Google]
screencaprequest.png
59KB, 1863x222px
>>35409575
I screencapped it and saved the pic.
Spot on explanation. Great post.

I'll stop blowing you over the internet now.
>>
File: 1473804493228.jpg (16KB, 365x275px) Image search: [Google]
1473804493228.jpg
16KB, 365x275px
>>35405208
If you look at someone else in a mirror they look the same just flipped, so you look how you do in a mirror, just flipped.

The real problem I have is that in some mirrors I look fuck ugly and in some I look half decent, which I attribute to differences in lightning.
>>
File: 1479395376494.png (133KB, 354x363px) Image search: [Google]
1479395376494.png
133KB, 354x363px
>>35409575
This post makes me feel less insecure than some of the other ones itt so I'm just gonna stick with the version of reality it puts across
>>
>>35405972
>trust mirrors
Nice try doppelganger. You're not getting me.
>>
>>35405298
>I've also been told by girls that I'm ugly
Unless it's been said by a girl who has previously expressed romantic interest in you/fucked you, then it's true.
>>
>>35405208
Have you considered maybe you aren't above-average in mirrors?
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.