[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My mother just told me that my father, who died in 2005 of cancer

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_0974.png (23KB, 489x423px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0974.png
23KB, 489x423px
My mother just told me that my father, who died in 2005 of cancer when he was around 40 years old, probably cheated on her during their early twenties. Multiple times. She said he denied it but several friends told her. Otherwise, they both loved each other and everything seemed fine. Mom kinda accepted it and didn't do anything.

This makes me feel like puking, I feel physically ill. He kinda was my hero. I thought he was a good, honest man and it was a tragic loss when I lost him when I was 9 years old. Would an actual, really fucking good man cheat on the woman he truly loved? Multiple fucking times? Boasting about it to friends? I would never do that to the one I loved. Never.

Great, so if true, my father was a piece of human shit.
We still have pictures of him on the walls.
I have no idea what I'm supposed to feel right now.
>>
>>35402669
Humans are all flawed. I have bad news for you but your mom is in all likelihood a piece of shit too.
>>
File: 1488942229250.jpg (12KB, 236x236px) Image search: [Google]
1488942229250.jpg
12KB, 236x236px
>>35402669
its okay dude, liten chicks like to talk and if you browse regularly you should know that all rosties don't know what the fuck theyre talking about.
you should just be happy he was there for when he could be, if hes your hero hes your hero don't let some stupid (true or not) fuck up your image of who inspires you. honor his name man don't hate him for the bad things top the legacy about the good things he did. my dad didsome bad shit man trust me. but I still respect him for the good he had. no matter who he hurt
>>
>>35402698

No, she is good.
Raised me on her own.
Never married another man because I didn't want it.

I cannot comprehend. I literally can't understand.
God damn it, it's not only that. He told her that he would kill her mother if they broke up, he said he didn't even care. Seriously.

This does not sound like the man I thought I knew.
I just don't know anymore.
>>
>>35402669

>Great, so if true, my father was a piece of human shit.

Parents aren't gods, they're fucking human. They weren't that much different than you at 20. Why the fuck would you judge the man 12 years after his death? How do you know what was going on in his life at that time?

Did he provide for you? Did he love you? Did he love your mom despite an alleged affair? If the answer is yes than just let it go. Get over your bull shit and grow up.
>>
>>35403008
I hate to break the bad news but your mom is lying to you. Your dad died of cancer related to HPV transmission that he got from performing oral sex on your mom. She got HPV from the meriad of sexual encounters she had during hs.

She feels guilty now and is trying to relieve that guilt by ruining the image of your dad.
>>
>>35402669
She only said that so you hate him and not her. Maybe similar maybe not but when parents separate the child usually resents one of them.
>>
>>35403008
>Never married another man because I didn't want it.
You ruined your mother's life so now she's besmirching your dad to get revenge on you.
>>
Well with your father not being around to defend himself can you be sure she's telling the truth ?
>>
>>35402669
my mother was cheating on my father for almost 8 years
I accidentally found out when I was still a kid
this was fucking shit to know, I didn't tell anyone, but with time I started to notice that my father also knows - he just didn't want ot break our family apart, unlike my mother
my brother is finishing highschool this year and father told me they're getting divorced as soon as he leaves for college
finally, but this is not such a big release, after all this time

sometimes I really wish my parents never met, that would have saved us all a lot of very sad moments
>>
You've got a responsibility to learn from them and be better. When you are a parent, remember how your parents were, and strive to be greater.
>>
>all this MGTOW damage control because it was a man who cheated

you hypocrites would be saying all sorts of shit if it was a woman who cheated. you even react toxically towards even the smallest most insignificant "feminist" which has turned women further toward it even going so far as to promote fighting them. maybe they were right all along
>>
File: 2f0.gif (116KB, 600x343px) Image search: [Google]
2f0.gif
116KB, 600x343px
Don't look up to idols, OP. They'll only let you down like this.

Take the best bits from him, disregard the rest. Then look to other people you admire. Take the best from them, disregard the rest.

Keep repeating until you've got something new. It might be a Frankenstein's Monster of traits, but they'll all be GOOD traits. Use this as a model on which to base yourself

Don't try to be other people, just decide who YOU want to be.
>>
>>35403331
But how do we know his mother is telling the truth ?
>>
>>35403293

Why the fuck would she lie?
Why now?
She even fucking defended him "he was young, don't feel so bad, it's not like I told you he murdered someone".

The "I will kill your mother if we break up" is the thing that makes me wonder what the fuck he REALLY was like. He got into fights, not a lot but he did. He was scary when he was angry. Oh man...
>>
>>35402669
Well at least you turned out better than him
Proud on you son
>>
>>35402669
Grow up and move on. Seriously, I don't know why you even care. My dad was a loser, NEET heroin addict, but at least he made an attempt at raising me. Your dad made an attempt at raising you, isn't that what matters?
>>
>He told her that he would kill her mother if they broke up
Well that is kinda messed up and if my father told my mother that it would change my opinion of him a lot. You only get one father though.
>>
>>35402669
you had a chad dad stop crying about it
also remember the dead can't defend themselves.
>>
>>35404103
>the dead can't defend themselves.
Exactly. Dig that son of a bitch up and kick him to dust!
>>
>>35403008
She never remarried because of trust issues and because single moms are low priority matchmaking
>>
>he hasn't fucked her yet

why is neo 4chan so boring
>>
File: 1474043005304.jpg (65KB, 500x419px) Image search: [Google]
1474043005304.jpg
65KB, 500x419px
>>35402669
history is full of men who were monsters, but as long as he was more of a father than a monster to you that's all that counts

my dad ran drugs and definitely killed at least a few people, but there wasn't a day in my life where he was that person to me over the sweet and wise man i knew him as - we don't choose who we love or who loves us bro
>>
>>35404284
You are wrong because any objective person would tell you that your dad was a subhuman criminal piece of shit. May his soul burn in hell for all eternity, faggot.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.