[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My first mail ordered bike is coming in today. 85% completed.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: Screenshot_20170303-103326.png (1MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170303-103326.png
1MB, 1440x2560px
My first mail ordered bike is coming in today. 85% completed. How hard is this going to be for me to fix.
>>
/n/ pleas go
>>
>>35401780
There are three main types of bike:
>Commuting/shopping bike (with mudguards/luggage rack/chain guard, and ideally hub gears and dynamo)
>Road sport bike (with drop bars)
>Mountain bike (with thick tires, and ideally suspension)

Yours does not seem to be any of these. WTF are you doing?
>>
i never did find the thin tires appealing. i just wouldn't put my faith on tires that thin.
>>
>>35401948
They're not thin tires, they're mid sized. They're about the right size for a practical commuting/shopping bike except it's missing all the other features you want for that type of bike.
>>
>>35401780
Not a bad bike for city riding.

85%? You'll probably need to fit the wheels and stem/handlebar.

Prepare some #4, 5, maaaybe 6 allen keys (metric).

Might need to adjust the disc brake pads as well. You'll need to put the wheels in securely, loosen the two bolts holding the caliper to the fork/frame. Pull the brake 'til it bites hard and continue pulling while tightening those bolts back up. Let go of the brake and your pads should be centered.
>>
>>35402019
>Not a bad bike for city riding.
It's a bad bike for practical transport use, and why would anybody want to ride in a city for fun?
>>
>>35402077
Shut up, you fucking downtube.
>>
>>35401780
depends on the price.
I got a wall mart bike for 200$ like the dipshit i am.
>handlebars broke 10$
>front reflector gone -whatever
>handlebars broke again -whatever
>seat broke 35$
>chain came off 10$
>several flat tires (not the bikes fault, really) 40$
>shattered hub 40$

and after all of that its handlebars are still shit but still works after 5 years of constant use
>>
>>35403423
>chain came off 10$
Put it back on again 0$

>several flat tires (not the bikes fault, really) 40$
Patch them 1$
>>
>>35403423
kek, my lard ass stripped the gears in the rear in my wally world schwinn. One of the pedals is also constantly coming off but i have a ratchet in my pocket so its fine.
>>
>>35402019
he;ll have to put the pedals on too. also you should take it out and do 5 HARD stops from HIGH speed to coat the brake disks, steel is porous and can absorb moisture if you don't, at least that's what the guy said when I got my bike
>>
File: 20170225_125944.jpg (874KB, 1439x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170225_125944.jpg
874KB, 1439x1080px
Posting my bike.
It's a citizen
>>
>>35401881
dude it's a hybrid bike chill
>>
>>35401780
I've had the same bike I got for 600 eurobucks back in 2012 now and it never broke.
Just had one flat time over the course.
>>
>>35401780
Bicycle maintenance is easy as fuck. Get a saddle bag with a multitool, an extra tube, tire spoons, crescent wrench, compressed CO2 and you'll always be good to go on the road. Amazon has really bright headlights for cheap too
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.