[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do you think we're here? Not here as in /r9k/,

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 8

File: 1485270184128.jpg (248KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1485270184128.jpg
248KB, 1280x1024px
Why do you think we're here? Not here as in /r9k/, but in more broad terms.
>>
>>35398901
ew, get away from me creep. rape. RAPE!!
>>
File: Dgrif.png (661KB, 659x707px) Image search: [Google]
Dgrif.png
661KB, 659x707px
One of life's great mysteries isn't it? Why are we here? I mean, are we the product of some cosmic coincidence? Or is there really a God, watching everything. You know, with a plan for us and stuff. I don't know man, but it keeps me up at night.
>>
>tfw you're a product of someone's shitty dream
>>
File: 1486628534464.gif (2MB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
1486628534464.gif
2MB, 200x150px
>>35398933
this post is a good post

You have been muted for 2 seconds, because your comment was not original.
>>
>>35398938
seriously you normalshits get dumber by the minute. do you even read the OPs anymore?
>>
I think the best we can hope for is that the universe is some sort of self-solving puzzle. That the purpose of the universe is to create something that will be able to resolve all paradoxes and figure everything out.

This way, while our pathetic lives might not have much Earthly meaning, it was necessary that we live them so that the puzzle of the universe could be solved. There's a sort of Christ-like martyrdom to that kind of existence instead of just a meaningless and also pathetic, lonely, existence of misery. If I think that my life needed to be lived, that I need to exist because the universe needs to be the way it is for anything to exist at all, I can actually feel some small amount of pride instead of just constant self-loathing and misery.
>>
>>35398901
Because self replicating molecules through some method or another appeared and were able to survive for 5 billion years and our species are well adapted enough to survive and thrive under the planets current conditions. The question doesn't have a particularly flashy answer.
>>
>>35398901
Thinking about it is a waste of time.
>>
>>35398901
Because my dad couldn't keep it in his pants in high school and my mom was too rebellious to understand that maybe an abortion would have been an OK option.
>>
>>35399133

*tips fedora*

original 2017
>>
>>35399104
Yeah, a friend of mine stated something similar.
While we both believe that our life has no objective detectable meaning and we both believe meaning has to be found within one self instead of outward, he's more of a "everything's gonna be alright" kind of person because he believes that everything that is happening right now helps the universe to advance and advance and solve itself out.
I don't know whether I agree with that, I'm still trying to grasp the exceptional width of the place we live in and just how specialized our lives are compared to what they could be if we were able to sort of have a better understanding of what surrounds us.
I mean, even if the universe keeps advancing, where is it going to go? Is it ever going to stop?
>>
>>35399174
The question has an answer and it isn't a pseudo intellectual, philosophical one, it's a biochemical one.
>>
>>35398933
Remember when that show was good?
>>
We're just a species like any other.
We started as blobs, we evolved over millions of years and here we are. I don't think there's some grand plan or great discovery to be made. We live, we die and the world keeps turning.
>>
>>35399218
Yes, but that isn't all there is to it. You could say the Gioconda is a bunch of molecules taken from different materials and put together by a human in a sort of fashionable way but there's deeper meaning to that, at least to some of us humies.
We obviously can't ever know an objectively right answer to this specific question under a philosophical spectrum, but asking and hearing opinions ain't a waste of time. While your answer is taken for granted I am bound to go and look for additional meaning, even if it's just gonna be a personal stance and not scientific truth
>>
The vikings believed their purpose was to be great warriors so when they die they will join Odin at ragnarok and battle in the greatest fight ever.

I believe that God chooses only the best of humankind to start a new Earth where we live in harmony with each other, God and animals. Also, we'll be like angels and have angelic powers.
>>
>>35399266
You're operating under the assumption that the universe has some sort of human meaning to it, when there is no evidence for that and the very idea of the universe having a "deeper" meaning to it implies the supernatural. Apart from cause and effect and quantum interactions that gave form to everything in the universe, I really don't think there is much more to it. The much more interesting question is: "how exactly did the universe come to exist"?
>>
>>35399354
Weren't the Vikings just raiders and pillagers?
>>
>>35398901
We're not here for a reason, nothing is. The human race or anything in the universe was made on purpose or with the intent of a goal.
>>
>>35398901

Closest thing to a meaning of life is to reproduce, that's what everything from a plant to your finger nail cells to a bacteria to you are evolved to do.

Other than those cuck insects that just serve to keep the hive running and are sterile I guess.
>>
>>35398901
there is absolutely no meaning that i know of, i think we exist of some stable shard of infinity that happened to create this absurd situation we find ourselves in, and life is no more than an absurd game to satisfy your mind, which is itself and absurd concept

two choices:
1.kill yourself and quit the game for no real reason
2.accept the absurd nature of existence and play the game for no real reason

either's fine, but don't mistake what i'm saying for nihilism. games are pointless but you can still play to have fun or win, or enforce the rules so more people have fun or fuck up the game or whatever

quitting a game is fine, too because it's only a game

idk, maybe i'm just insane because what does feel real is pain even if logically it's nothing it still feels real. suffering feels real

maybe the purpose of life is to mitigate suffering? the easiest (only?) way to do that would be annihilating life, but since everything is infinite, you can't really annhilate anything no matter how powerful you are.

nobody fucking knows, there's no ideal solution, it's all absurd and perhaps it's better if I go crazy, i've been having an existential crisis for years, and i cannot distract myself from it. it's a black hole that bites away at your perceptions and i can't find any answers
i just have to distract myself
>>
don't look for a meaning trough words. You can't escape subjectivity in things like that, so you'll never touch 'meaning'. It'll only be your perception of meaning. Zen buddism, mathemathics and psychodelics would be a good starting point. They're all pure abstraction, stripped of any subjectivity(if approached correctly)
>>
>>35399366
I must have phrased it wrong. As I've stated I'm not looking to give the universe some meaning valid for every other person, but just for myself. That is I take your answer for granted, and I'm not trying to give something outside of myself meaning as in imposing onto it my own view, I am mostly going around asking for opinions to sort of develop my own personal view about the universe which does not want to change it, but just put a personal spin on it.
To make an example it's like I'm going around asking people for them to let me try their eyeglasses. That said I put the scientific facts before my view so that it is always grounded in reality.
My point was to humans the universe is not just an association of scientific facts, well at least not to all humans, to some of us there's a constant search for deeper meaning (inside, not outside) and if it does not go up against scientific facts, imo, it's a legit pursuit.
>>
>>35398901
Nothing, we're basically a leech and ruin the natural environment. As a right wing centralist, earth would be better without us. Our end goal is the same as all other species, survival and reproduction. That is why being a virgin bothers us so much, it's why it's so difficult to an hero. Suicide and not spreading your dna goes against thousands of years of evolution.

>>35398933
Get over yourself snowflake.
>>
survive, in any way posible.
>>
File: 20170309_084844.jpg (188KB, 480x522px) Image search: [Google]
20170309_084844.jpg
188KB, 480x522px
>>35398933
Grif. Shut up.
>>
>>35399899
>As a right wing centralist, earth would be better without us.
i can agree to that
>>
>>35398901
Go sent us here. to colonize earth (good thing according to him and me ) aaaaaand to worship him(thanks god).
i am going to heaven :D, we meet there.
>>
>>35400043
yeah, our place is in heaven. earth is to weak for the chosen creaturs of the creator.
>>
>>35400043

Liberals are ignorant in every possible way
>>
All the physical laws of nature are aligned in order for consciousness like ours to exist, given enough space and time for the right materials to arrange themselves into stars and planets in the needed way. We are fragments of the universe experiencing itself. How profound is that? How extremely lucky are we not to have at hand a universe in which consciousness is not only a possibility, but an established phenomenon? What more reason to exist do you need than to acknowledge the wonderful fact that we do?
>>
>>35400119
You're right, fuck those liberals. Good thing we got Donald Trump in office to stick it to them, right?
>>
>>35399388
you've played too many video games
>>
>>35400142
If you believe in the concept of Infinity, like I do, this existence isn't really rare at all. There's theoretically an infinite amount of humanity and all manner of life spread across infinite planes of existences and circumstances we cannot even fathom. It doesn't seem special to me, although it might be special in a way that we are experiencing this existence instead of another one. We could be dancing on a tiny, yet infinite shard of order that renders probability meaningless.

Although, I could be wrong about infinity. Maybe the universe is far less wild than my imagination, with clear limits and laws. Not trying to be a downer or anything just trying to show you my wacko perspective. I probably sound crazy
>>
>>35399388
they had kings. and famillies and farms and homes and markets and ports.
they raided. they projected power where they go and go back to thier settelments and families. because they werent desparate virgins with no property.
>>
File: i_001.jpg (900KB, 2101x3000px) Image search: [Google]
i_001.jpg
900KB, 2101x3000px
Probably just self aware bacteria on a rock
>>
File: christ-the-king.jpg (226KB, 789x1252px) Image search: [Google]
christ-the-king.jpg
226KB, 789x1252px
>mfw everyone in this thread misses the obvious answer

It's like you guys enjoy being heathens. Accept Christ into your heart, anon. He is the only one who has compassion for your sad self.
>>
>>35400362
>Maybe the universe is far less wild than my imagination, with clear limits and laws.
>what is physics?
>>
>>35399899
>That is why being a virgin bothers us so much

speak for yourself normie
I stopped giving a fuck at like 14
>>
File: image.jpg (25KB, 468x439px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25KB, 468x439px
Shitty Mexican parenting
>>
File: beastman_japan_5.jpg (119KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
beastman_japan_5.jpg
119KB, 1280x960px
Chance, I guess. We exist thanks to RNGesus. The non-religious one. We sprang into existence from nothingness based on a lucky get from a hypothetical dice roll. That's kinda trippy to think about.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.