[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else here young looking? Like I'm 24 but look 17

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: 1457307385047.png (532KB, 609x460px) Image search: [Google]
1457307385047.png
532KB, 609x460px
Anyone else here young looking? Like I'm 24 but look 17 and nobody really takes me seriously, especially adults or older people. It's really fucking frustrating, they assume I'm like 17 and retarded because "Hurr durr you're some young high school kid who doesn't know anything."

It's just annoying, like how do you make people take you more seriously? Should I try to LOOK more mature? What is a mature haircut? But see I'm also 5'4 manlet so combine that with my babyface and you get a complete fucking disaster. If I was taller I guess I'd look more mature, but still I figured short people can look older/mature.

Should I shave my head? I think I'd look stupid with a shaved head, either like a neo-nazi or a cancer patient. Also I can't grow facial hair, well I can but it looks like shit. It's shitty facial hair, after one month of not shaving all I have is 5'o clock shadow. I also look homeless with facial hair, but I wonder if it might make me look older if I grew some facial hair?
>>
Embrace looking young while you can. A shaved head could probably work though, I'm a 28 year old manlet and lots of people think I'm older because of my baldness.
>>
I have the exact same problem OP. I'm 25 but I look 19 at the oldest. I used to get harassed at work and always carded and shit. The key is to establish yourself as respectable. At work I am reliable, knowledgable, and when my coworkers end up coming to me for help multiple times a day, and are working under me, they're in a position where they have no choice but to treat me with respect. I go to the same beer markets and gas stations and now that they know me as a good customer I'm never carded and they are super friendly.

It's all about contradicting people's first impression of you. Dressing nicely and acting your age is a big part of it, too, but the most important thing is simply to not confirm their first impression of you.
>>
>>35388245
I feel like shaved heads have negative stereotypes associated with it, like cancer patient or neo-nazi. Maybe getting buzzcut or military style cut could help?
>>
sounds like my uncle. 50 years old, looks 30. full head of hair, 6'3, handsome.

I've heard him complaining how pretty girls in their 20s hit on him but when they find out he's old they leave. as an ugly fat man let, it's hard to relate.
>>
I look older as what I really am. I'm 20, but when i went to go buy some alcohol, they didn't card me. when i shave my beard though, i look younger.
>>
>>35388112
you ungrateful faggot

I had greying hair, a receding hairline, and deep crows feet and laugh lines when I was fucking 18

My hairline isn't receding anymore but it stopped about halfway up my head. And my hair's salt and pepper as fuck
>>
File: 1489013694704.jpg (40KB, 512x699px) Image search: [Google]
1489013694704.jpg
40KB, 512x699px
>tfw 23, but look 15/16
>did some shopping at like 2pm once, cashier asked me why i wasnt at secondary school

it fucking sucks
>>
>>35388112
Snag some highschool pussy, OP

It will be your only chance until age catches up with you
>>
File: 1480979162226.jpg (32KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1480979162226.jpg
32KB, 600x600px
>tfw no young and cute looking bf
>>
>>35388112
I play life like I'm an anime character and no one else gets me.
Since then my family became openly helpfull to me, moved to a city I like, supporting me till I get a job.
Really, anime is real now, and if you an older cutie become an animaish character and people will like you an accept you.
Psychological they know it's I fluency by 4chan, don't be scared when someone brings that up. Just smile and act cute silly and clumsy in a fun way and you'll basically get money for making everyone happy.
>>
>>35388112
"Complete disaster="perfect anime character candidate"

>>35388824
Embrace the anime character within, desu!

>>35388844
Pedophile
>>
>>35388941
>highschool
>pedophile
>>
>>35388112
I hate it when I'm buying cigs and the old man thinks I'm using a fake id and proceeds to lecture me on the dangers of smoking. like frig off fag I'm not ten
>>
>>35388112
Looking older isn't worth looking bad, and won't actually gain you any respect. Don't shave your head or grow out bad-looking facial hair. but I can't offer any advice on hair without knowing what your hair is like.

Dressing in a mature and flattering way is the best way to look older. Wear clothes that fit you: shoulder hems on the shoulders, not your arms, pants that are slim cut but not tight or baggy. Too big makes you look like a kid drowning in his clothes, skintight makes you look like a high schooler. Dark jeans are good. Wear nice shoes--if they're sneakers, keep them low profile and not the puffy, athletic kind (unless you're actually running or playing a sport or whatever in which case it's fine). Button up shirts are good, regular tshirts are fine if you avoid graphic tees that come off as juvenile.

Want to describe the way you dress/do your hair a little?
>>
>>35388112
Same problem
The worst part is that you can't even enjoy youth because you are always in a submissive role
>>
>>35389329
I'm OCD with my hair, I have no set/dedicated hairstyle. Sometimes I slick it back, or part it on one side. Other times I wear it messy and bed-head, and other times I put gel in it. It really is annoying, I can't settle on a hairstyle because I never think they look good.

Part of the reason I just want to buzz it or get it cut short.
>>
>>35389550
>have very severe OCD
>whenever I hear someone misusing the diagnosis I get upset
Please don't say that all because you're anal you're suffering from a serious mental illness
>>
I'm thinking about getting a classic crew cut but shorter on top, kind of like this but shorter I guess.
>>
>>35389624
I meant I'm ANAL about my hair, didn't literally mean OCD but I just use OCD casually like in a loose sense not the literal OCD.
>>
>>35389550
So those all sound fine, though slicking it back/gelling it can be a little young/unflattering, depends on the person. The fact that you put effort into it and have opinions on how it looks is a good sign that it's probably okay.

If it's a pain, and not thinking about it would make your life easier, buzzed (not cueball bald) is a fine choice to make, but nicely maintained hair can really help you look put together and a lot of girls think it's attractive.

idk if OP posted the classic crew cut photo, but that's a great style.

One hair pitfall is waiting too long between cuts and getting shaggy.
>>
>>35389816
OP here, yeah I posted the crew cut photo. Thanks for the feedback!
>>
>>35388112
Yeah. Everyone I meet is shocked when I say that I'm 22. One time a lady yelled "YOU LITERALLY LOOK LIKE A KID" to me when I told her my age. And to be honest I kinda enjoy it. Yeah, everyone thinks you're 16/17, but who cares? You look young, enjoy it. I guess the only disadvantage is not looking "mature". But I'm at a point in my life where I'm starting to care less about female attention. I look very young for my age so I might as well enjoy it.
>>
>>35388112
Pretend to be a high school kid that somehow has unlimited access to alcohol and date middle school kids. Get some of dat 13 year old ass.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!
>>
>>35389648
I understand that you did not mean it literally. It just chaps my ass that there is a "loose sense" of a psychiatric diagnosis for a very serious mental illness.
>>
>>35388981
>Focusing only on the Pedophile remark AND defending it

To the gas chambers!
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.