[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you ever just stop doing whatever the fuck you're doing

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_1997.png (22KB, 804x743px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1997.png
22KB, 804x743px
Do you ever just stop doing whatever the fuck you're doing and just think? About life? About existence? The universe?

We're on a round rock. Floating in fucking space. We stay on it, it pulls us in by the curvature of space-time (whatever the fuck that means). We live and we die. Meaningless. A neighbor went out, got hit by a truck and died. His 5 year old son can't understand why his dad is gone. His 2 year old son won't even remember him. His wife is pregnant with a third child. Why have kids and continue this shitty cycle? This little break from non-existence with so much potential for suffering. Why even do it? We'll all die anyway. We come from nothing, we go back to nothing in a few years. Eat, shit, work, have fun and fuck is all they do. Then they die.

Maybe humans aren't supposed to think about these things too much. I think about shit like this all the time. I don't know if it's me or the world but something is clearly fucked. Maybe both.
>>
stfu you edgy teen cunt
>>
>>35386329
>Maybe humans aren't supposed to think about these things too much. I think about shit like this all the time. I don't know if it's me or the world but something is clearly fucked. Maybe both.
They are not.
>>
Congratulations OP, you've had an existential crisis. You now have four options: live discontented, kill yourself, convince yourself that religion is real, or just try to have as much fun as you can until you die.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Absurdism
>>
File: pete boy.png (662KB, 656x846px) Image search: [Google]
pete boy.png
662KB, 656x846px
>>35386329
sort yourself 00t
>>
File: brettyguy.jpg (45KB, 306x273px) Image search: [Google]
brettyguy.jpg
45KB, 306x273px
>>35386329
Get good at an art medium, anon.
You have to create the meaning of life by yourself.
You are the only one capable of doing it for yourself, and before you cut me off and tell me its all mumbojumbo, I will have you know that mumbojumbo is all ANYTHING is.
>>
>>35386329
>Babby's first existential crisis.
There's more important things you can worry about, Anon.
>>
>>35386329
yea. it's called an existential crisis. go to /lit/ and lurn a thing or two, loser.
>>
>>35386519
I'd recommend the Camus/Sartre stance, path of least resistance, while also not being an untermensch
>>
>>35386695
LIKE THE FUCKING DEMIURGE
>>
>>35386329
I've nothing but that for nearly 20 yrs
>>
ok look here you fucking pseudos, before u kill urself, read some goddamn existentialist philosophy.
>>
File: mabRf.jpg (513KB, 2048x1366px) Image search: [Google]
mabRf.jpg
513KB, 2048x1366px
>tfw normies rarely if ever think about this

Here's the flowchart everyone is referring to btw
>>
>>35387135
just so long as you don't get stuck in the surface level Neitzsche shit, you'll be fine.
>>
>>35386329
>This little break from non-existence with so much potential for suffering. Why even do it?
Do it because it's fun. If it's not fun, don't do it.
>>
File: IMG_0021.jpg (54KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0021.jpg
54KB, 480x360px
>>35386329
Well, lookey here.

Read some Sartre or Camus. You can read Nietzsche too if you have the brains to not misconstrue him as a fatalist.

Well, it doesn't really matter to me anymore. I'm pretty much capable of daydreaming my entire fucking life away and desensitizing my five senses and thoughts. Not only that, but I have god on my side.

Not the Christian god though. People keep thinking god is there to make good stuff happen, even though bad stuff happens too.

In the first place, if I were a god, I wouldn't give a shit about the fairness or morality of beings with consciousness having wildly different experiences as long as stuff happens.

My god is absurd. He doesn't give a shit about the unfairness of the universe. He's amoral, absolutely not giving a shit about the morality human beings conceive of.

The only things the absurd god wants is stuff to happen. Any stuff. Science characterizes this as entropy, atoms moving, and other belief systems believe this as energy flowing.

Stuff happening. Not interesting, mind you, but just "happening."

This makes my entire life super comfy. It has no meaning, but it's okay because it's just another one of those experiences that happen. If I perceive all stuff that happens to me as just stuff without any preconceived notions, then it's a okay. Nothing is boring, interesting, happy, but those are merely the popular census.

If everyone but one thought that trees float in the sky, that one person would be wrong in that society.

Hell, you don't even have to do anything. I'm not saying you should go and do dubious stuff with your radical freedom, but mere knowledge of it makes everything feel nice, but both are good options.

Besides, that's the main difference between Camus and Sartre. Camus wanted people to just accept the absurd, and Sartre wanted people to use their radical freedom as they see fit.

Nietzsche is pretty hard to understand, and it's dangerous to study him if you're any close to being depressed.
>>
>>35386681
>just get good at something
>>
>>35387379
that sounds retarded wow like nothing makes sense dude it's all absurd ahah
>>
>>35386329
Once crossfaded myself the fuck outta space. Managed to think about life, the universe, time, myself.

Tried to play osu for 5 minutes, began watching the first 2 minutes of end of evangelion, had a wank and went to sleep. Slept the best 12 hours of my life.
>>
Also, I forgot to mention that fucking wikipedia article. Timeline of the far future, that's it. It makes me feel weird. There is a part where it just blows my fucking mind. The last part.

>Around this vast timeframe, quantum tunnelling in any isolated patch of the vacuum could generate, via inflation, new Big Bangs giving birth to new universes.
>>
>>35387495
please various gods and goddesses no, i can't stand another lifetime in Samsara
>>
>>35386980
Yep, me too. Just about every week, I wake up and say "why am I even alive, man?".

It's seriously depressing.
>>
>>35386329
Don't read these faggoty books like everyone is suggesting, they are just gonna take you further down this rabbit hole. You need to do things that get you out of your own head. Try to think less
>>
>>35386329
Everything just happens bro. It's all 100% deterministic. We're just stuck in a never-ending rotating fractal. Our consciousness is just an emergent property of smaller interactions. We do it because God caused it to happen this way. Rejoice in the life you have been given.
>>
>>35387721
>don't read
>think less
nigga u untermensch?
>>
File: 1488836616541.png (6KB, 444x444px) Image search: [Google]
1488836616541.png
6KB, 444x444px
>>35386329
Picture correlated
>>
>>35387430
Yeah, it does.

Well, it's a start. I'll try to explain better.

Suppose you experience event "a." With this experience, assuming you are a normal human being, you have your five senses, your imaginative faculties, thoughts, and emotions. All are continuously being perceived in the event while it is happening.

People like to think that events all are different in some fashion, but human beings have shared fundamental perceptions.

Sure, there are different types of senses, emotions, thoughts, emotions. The thing is though, human beings are stupid enough to think that some experiences are somehow "better."

Imagine you have a parabola. All parabolas are parabolas, no matter how hard you try to change a, b, or c in ax^2 + bx + c where the constants are real numbers and a ain't zero. This is specific, but some mathfag might want to fuck with me.

No matter how much you fucking try to change it, it's still a parabola. You can't turn it into an ellipse or a hyperbola.

Now, let's imagine lower animals as ellipses, humans as parabolas, and higher beings as hyperbolas. If you have their normal equations in x and y and we have real numbers for constants that ain't zero for some cases, no matter what parameter you change, they still stay the same shape.

And those parameters are all the possible perceptions you can have.

See? Human life is surprisingly the same for all humans when you take it into perspective. Animals have different experiences from humans, but they all are the same in their inferior number of sense-perceptions. Higher beings in their superior amount.

Hell, even then, all of them are comic sections. They still are very similar. Incomprehensible beings are other shapes, but no one is as of yet able to imagine one.
>>
>>35387794
go ask some fisherman in the Louisiana bayous about their last existential crisis and see what kinda looks you get
>>
>>35386329

I would suggest reading some of Clive Barker's works. World-weariness is a kind of theme in his fiction. The major characters come across a puzzle box that, when solved, opens a door to another dimension populated by extreme sadomasochists who believe that subjecting their hosts to torture and dismemberment is a desired method to transcend one's sensory experience.
>>
>>35387867
because they're all backwoods religious nationalist, say it with me, UNTERMENSCH
>>
>>35388006
Untermensch = happy fulfilling life
Ubermensch = depressing hopeless nihilism

Not a hard choice. Just stop thinking
>>
>>35387495
I feel the same way about that article
It's scary as fuck to me tho
Or maybe that's cause I was tired as fuck when i read it
>>
>>35388060
lol, okay Lao Tzu

Sartre and Camus had a ball with life, and they were staunch absurdists.
>>
>>35387721

Oh boy, I know exactly what you mean.
This shit is bad because the answer is that there is no answer. I believe that. Yet, I can't stop myself trying to find meaning sometimes. Maybe it's a brain disorder because this shit doesn't make me happy and only causes stress. I wish I could be a normie, just having fun and enjoying what I can. I try and mostly do so and go on with my life. But sometimes, I can't help it. My mind wanders.

I don't think this is a gift or I'm "different" or "intelligent" or some shit. I'm quite sure it's just a brain disorder because nothing positive comes out of it.
>>
>>35388111
Have you ever listened to music and felt your hair stand?
Or genuine connection with other people?
Laughing hysterically with friends?

Focus on this and not reading more philosophy, its not gonna help you solve this problem. Meaning is out there, maybe it isn't much but it's definitely there
>>
>>35388233
So should I just listen to the same music day in and day out? Live under a rock? I'm serious. I can't keep up with the current of the times and I don't fit in any group
>>
>>35388233
The literal meaning of life is anything that you're doing that prevents you from killing yourself.
>>
>>35388249
Life is suffering and try not to think you are the only one experiencing it. Try new things and dont get upset or stress about things you have no control over. No one has answers and we are all just as lost as one another. Do things that are hard because you will be proud of your accomplishments. Be strong my brother. I hope to do the same.
>>
>>35388249
Go volunteer for habitat for humanity and help build houses for poor people
>>
>>35386329
no whenever i have time to just stop and think i usually end up wanking one out. just how it goes with a monkey brain ya the universe and its wonders are amazingly complex, mysterious, thought-provoking but like said with my monkey brain i'd rather just jack my cock in my freetime.

my two cents.
>>
>>35388338
THIS
Little bit of Buddha, little existentialist, little absurdist.
>>
>>35386329
as /lit/ would say, start with the Greeks.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.