[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>be me >feel like trolling tumblr >infiltrate my way

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

File: ad25656c4c267182f223c17f5daa41e6.jpg (197KB, 1800x866px) Image search: [Google]
ad25656c4c267182f223c17f5daa41e6.jpg
197KB, 1800x866px
>be me
>feel like trolling tumblr
>infiltrate my way into "Homestuck" group
>start getting grilled with questions when its it becomes obvious you don't know what kin are or who any of the characters are
>find the wiki and start doing some research
>hmmseemsprettyinteresting.jpg
>go to read the comic because the wiki doesn't explain it well enough
>mfw it is kind of funny and charming and the universe is engagable
>3 days later
>still reading it
>hate the fans because they turn it into the gayest shit when the comic itself is breddy okay
>>
I forgot the obligatory "does anyone else read Homestuck or know this feel?" so someone can reassure me I'm not trash.
>>
I read Homestuck while it was being released. It was really great, at least up until Act 6. It sucks that Hussie embraced the Tumblr and just gave up on being funny.
>>
>>35370390

How'd he 'embrace the Tumblr'?
>>
Homestuck is deeply ingrained in the psyche of many of its fans, which speaks to it's unusual power. I hate this fucking webcomic but I can never forget it. It defines a certain part of my life. It's very engaging
>>
>>35370084
I read part 1. I would have to read it again to continue and dont want to.
>>
>>35370856

That might have to do with its very archetypal characters. They are all color coordinated, zodiac coordinated, real life stereotype coordinated (Gamzee is a juggalo), etc.

They also have an interesting love system based on the suits in cards. It all is super archetypal.
>>
>>35370084
>Homestuck
FUCK ME

This is an area of my life I hate coming back to but I've done so every night this week. It's actually pretty fun sometimes, but I got moderately deep into the fandom and it scarred me. Wouldn't have been half as bad if I didn't have this one relationship that I fucked up.

I did find a pic of my old Jake English cosplay, back from the first con I went to. My life's kinda gone downhill since.
>>
>>35370084
My sister was into that shit when she was "so randumb" as a teenager, so I've always assumed it's bad. Maybe I'll check it out.

Oh god, the memories of her referencing homestuck at the dinner table and everyone having blank stares is rushing back.
>>
File: 1470504788204.jpg (80KB, 1333x900px) Image search: [Google]
1470504788204.jpg
80KB, 1333x900px
>>35371181
>tfw Homestuck fandumbers will have more friendship than you will ever see in your life.
>>
>>35371181
It gets a little stupid at times, but it's so broad that it's able to capture your imagination as to the possibilities pretty quickly
>>
>>35371406

I would just read Act 5 and that can be that.
>>
homestuck ruined my life
>>
>>35371821

Tell me your story, anonnerz.
>>
can we all just forget about homestuck please...
>>
>>35370084
I forced myself to read it since my friend said it gets better as you go. Nope. Dogshit all the way through.

OP you have awful taste but you seem alright
>>
I once overheard a couple business types remarking on some troll cosplayers that were walking around town, they were like, have you heard of the furries?
>>
>>35370084
Who would you waifu or husbando? I always really liked Equius, maybe because I'm a Sagittarius.
>>
I know this feel. I did this during the mlp raid. At first I was just shit posting ponies every where. Next thing I know I was watching it to ridicule the baronies. Then I started watching it by myself. I also accidentally got into k drama because of my mom.
>>
File: 1478402909676.gif (25KB, 500x346px) Image search: [Google]
1478402909676.gif
25KB, 500x346px
>>35371181
I'd look up the "Let's Read" with animations and voice-acting for it on JewTube, it's more engaging, easier to get into. Don't bother reading after Act 5, some of Act 6 can be good but it really starts to go downhill, and lose the original "feeling" it had.

Unsurprisingly, all the voice-actors started quitting midway through Act 6. Kek't it.
>>
>>35373354

I'm an Aquarius and I like Eridan, but not for that reason. I just want to conquer things from the sea.

But I like Equius too because he's one of the coolest looking and his complex is entertaining.
>>
File: 1478600784851.png (8KB, 484x334px) Image search: [Google]
1478600784851.png
8KB, 484x334px
>>35373354
Equius/Nepeta/Kanaya

Indecisiveness hurts.
>>
>>35370084
A friend of mine got me into it and I like it too.

I avoid all over fans and so I never have anyone to geek about it with, but I know its better that I /dont/ know anyone to geek about it with.

Just quietly enjoy and keep hidden.
>>
>>35373578

I literally only got into it in 2017. And I skipped to part 5. I'm probably going end it there too based off of what people are saying.

But it bums me out that I can't talk about specifically only Part 5 with sane people in /current year/.
>>
>Tfw finished homestuck.

Comic sets up all these crazy shenanigans and then just fails to resolve them satisfactorily.

6/10 read, 4/10 ending.
>>
>>35370932
>juggalo
jfkmp
>>
Is there any reason to like Sollux or Tavros?
>>
File: 1488790907027.gif (62KB, 650x450px) Image search: [Google]
1488790907027.gif
62KB, 650x450px
>>35373851
Aradia - mostly only did shit in the background
Tavros - accomplished nothing
Sollux - somewhat shit personality, but relevant until (((act 6)))
Karkat - was funny, looked like he was going to do something important, then turned into a joke character
Nepeta - cute, but only there for Gamzee to kill
Kanaya - interesting but didn't do much, later turned into "Rose and Kanaya"
Terezi - interesting and relevant, but then fucked up once for proving Gamzee being a shit, and then again for trying to make Vriska important
Vriska - yes, but no
Equius - interesting, but only there for Gamzee to kill
Gamzee - somewhat thought out personality, post-murderstuck Gamzee could have had a lot of potential but acted like a lobotomy patient and then shoving him in a fridge apparently just solved everything and no one had to care about it again
Eridan - meh character, became irrelevant
Feferi - shit character, accomplished nothing

Hussie used far too many characters at once and did almost nothing with most of them, an then warped their personalities throughout Act 6. Hussie is a hack.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.