[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So what's stopping you from joining the military? It's

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 182
Thread images: 23

File: 15.jpg (112KB, 690x388px) Image search: [Google]
15.jpg
112KB, 690x388px
So what's stopping you from joining the military?

It's something everyone should experience once.
>>
If I don't have a job by June I will

What's the best branch to go into? I have a meme degree in anthropology
>>
File: 1488374081379.jpg (56KB, 508x676px) Image search: [Google]
1488374081379.jpg
56KB, 508x676px
>>35366914
that sounds like work.

fuck you for making me think about working
>>
im heterosexual

orangino
>>
>>35366942
Doesn't matter as long as you have a degree in something. It's a lot better to be an officer than it is to be enlisted.
>>
>>35366914
>being told what to do
unless they will let me start as a 5 star general i am not interested.
>>
>>35366942
air force

don't listen to any fucktard that tries to convince you about anything else, if you join the air force you will

>make more money than every other branch
>work less hours than every other branch
>get the same benefits as every other branch
>work experience will be more useful in the civilian world
>you will have better facilities than every other branch (barracks, food, etc)
>you will actually do your job instead of menial trash like pmcsing humvees

anyone that doesn't go air force is a retarded faggot me included
>>
Because I'm short and have a feminine frame and they're all homos, and I'm not.

I don't want to be used as everyone's personal fleshlight.
>>
File: 385917484.jpg (61KB, 540x503px) Image search: [Google]
385917484.jpg
61KB, 540x503px
I don't have an HS diploma REEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>35366986
What the fuck to air force people do all day if they're not pilots?
>>
>>35367039
holy shit, how? also how fucked are you?
>>
>>35366914

tried to join navy but fuqqed up at MEPS.

Right now I am taking EMT courses... gotta keep moving forward.
>>
>>35366914
good thing for idiots
not for all
>>
At MEPS right now, boys. Met a couple of other robot-tier people already. Very few chads. Like 90% are wannabe chads tho
>>
>>35367039
Do you have 15 college credits?
>>
If I'm a skeleton will I get picked on?
>>
>>35366986
tfw joined the army instead of airforce
>hearing about all the shit airforce has over us
fuck
at least i have a pog job
>>
>>35367063
>work on planes
>maintain planes
>fly on planes
>shoot guns from planes
>drop bombs from planes
>navigate planes
>coordinate planes
>communicate with planes
>all of the above, except with helicopters

Or if you're a boring person with no sense of adventure you can get a deskcuck job
>>
>>35366963
>It's a lot better to be an officer than it is to be enlisted.

Where did you hear that because I'm told that that's completely untrue
>>
>>35366914
They wouldnt let me in due to a heart condition
>>
>>35367216
>someone told you thats untrue
whoever it was is fucking retarded
>>
>>35367266
How about you explain your reasoning then?
>>
>>35366914
Ive always thought about it. But i know that in the end im not physically or mentally cut out for it.
>>
>>35367301
you dont work half as hard as enlisted, everyone is forced to respect you, and you make a shit load of cash
>>
>>35367423
That's it? You get some cushy job where everyone respects you because you never got any respect before?

Fuck that shit, I don't want to join the military to be a lazy fuck like I already am. I want to actually improve myself
>>
>>35366914
already tried. Got permanently disqualified from joining the Air Force. I'm pretty sure it was from a traumatic brain injury I got when I was 16 (tried at 25 to enlist). Shit sucks. I have a 16/hr job now but its so unfulfilling
>>
File: 1344614952079.jpg (50KB, 298x427px) Image search: [Google]
1344614952079.jpg
50KB, 298x427px
>25
>no ged
>431
>5'8
gee why don't I join the army fucko?
>>
>>35367618
you still do your part, and youre considered more valuable because of your education
you still pt
and you still deploy if you push for it
>>
I probably wouldn't pass the physical tests and they don't need an idiot and a coward like me.
>>
>>35367788
>and you still deploy if you push for it
You mean you actually have to work to get sent out to fight sandniggers?
>>
>>35367820
barely anyone deploys to the middle east anymore, unless youre army
theres other "deployments" but they arent what you think they are
usually just humanitarian missions
>>
>>35366914
I have one leg. They wouldn't let me join even if I tried
>>
>>35366914
Once we stop fighting for Israel, I'll gladly join up. I don't want to fight stupid sand niggers in a hot ass desert thousands of miles away from home.
>>
>>35367820
No, deployment just means getting sent away from home, a lot of guys are "deployed" in Germany, for instance
>>
>>35368431
being stationed over seas and deploying are 2 different things
>>
>no freedom
>can't leave when you want to
>get ordered around by some no experience little shit fresh out of school and placed directly into an officer role
>fighting and dying to further jewish interests

Haha, no. Absolutely not.
>>
>>35368525
i deploy my meat on people foreheads all the time
>>
they wont take me because i have an extensive history of mental health problems, self inflicted scars, and drug addiction
>>
>>35368674
and sciatica and awful eyesight
>>
I'm simply too weak and it seems scary
>>
The only reasons any remotely reasonable person have for joining the military in 2017 are

>they need money for college

or

>Call of Duty just isn't doing it for them any more
>>
>>35366914
I'm a manlet. I don't want to kill anyone. I don't work well with others. I have bad luck.
>>
I don't like sitting next to strangers at the bus stop due to social anxiety.

I think I would explode if I had eat, sleep, shit, exercise and spend every waking moment surrounded by people no matter how cool they are
>>
File: mugi thread.jpg (57KB, 396x382px) Image search: [Google]
mugi thread.jpg
57KB, 396x382px
>>35366914
Wow its this thread again. Fuck off recruiters. You're all faggot liars.
reeeee
>>
i assume psoriasis is a disqualifying condition
>>
>>35368808
your second reason is dumb
barely anyone deploys
and even if they do they probably wont see combat
>>
I wont get to look at or talk to women

Also I dislocated my shoulder when I was younger so I can't
>>
>>35366914
Is it the same OP who makes this thread every time? You might as well make it a general, like the one in /k/. Call it the /r-meg/- Robot Military Enlistment General
or something like that
>>
>>35366942
>>35366986
actually no
Air Force officer sucks ass unless you're a pilot, though it's the best branch for enlisteds.

Vice versa for everyone else.
>>
>>35369199
this desu
OP, if you're gonna keep making these threads, just turn it into a general
>>
Cause anons want to pursue something else.
>>
Military bro here. Pretty sure everyone in my unit is on the autism spectrum. Im a signaler so that might have somthing to do with it.
>>
waiting for WWIII, in a few years probably. I predict North Korea and sand people vs the West, China and Russia doing business with both and laughing their asses off, can't wait
>>
>>35369447
although I just realized that r9k doesn't really have generals so nvm
>>
File: 2345234534.jpg (17KB, 211x239px) Image search: [Google]
2345234534.jpg
17KB, 211x239px
>>35369920
This is why im becoming an officer now, so when all you NEETs get drafted, ill have a comfy office job while you all die for israel.
>>
>>35369649
>signaler
yes that does explain it you autist(s)
>>
File: 1487310229494.jpg (56KB, 803x737px) Image search: [Google]
1487310229494.jpg
56KB, 803x737px
>>35366914
Thinking about joining up soon. 28 yrs old with only an associates and unemployed. Will it suck really bad as an older dude ? I've been training and can probably pass the physical parts easily.
>>
>>35366914
whi is hat so baggy?
>>
File: iammarin.jpg (24KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
iammarin.jpg
24KB, 400x400px
>>35366914
>implying

aowdjaownadw
>>
>>35370566
also all pogs out now REEEEEEEE
>>
>>35366914
I'm 39. I don't think they take out of shape 40 year old autists.
>>
If you've ever been diagnosed with depression at any stage in your life they don't let you join the military. Mentally unstable people are deemed too dangerous.
>>
>>35370533
All the older dudes in my group were gangraped on their first day of basic. If you can't outrun the young blood you shouldn't try pushing daisies here.
>>
>>35366914
i dont like being yelled at, it makes me angry, my dad would always yell when i was a kid, still does, and being forced to endure it is infuriating, I will never voluntarily put myself in that situation
>>
>volunteering to go through a state brainwashing program where you will be hazed by low IQ assholes over pointless shit like not making your bed perfectly
>signing up to go to some foreign land, possibly with a chance of dying or being severly damaged mentally and physically, while your girlfriend/wife cheats on you back at home
>being a pawn for evil (((globalist))) interests who don't give a fuck about you or anyone else
>return home to a country that doesnt give a fuck about you, with no job prospects and laughable veteran services
>>
>>35370696
>implying they will somehow magically know that
or you could just lie retard
>>
File: 1488916649181.jpg (141KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
1488916649181.jpg
141KB, 800x450px
>>35371540
>your girlfriend/wife

normies get the FUCK out of here!!!!!
>>
>>35366914
>he risks getting injured or killed for corporate interests
Truly disgusting.
>>
>>35371540
see
>>35370165

If you're gonna get drafted anyways, you might as well come in and do your time so when something breaks out, you wont be cannonfodder.
>>
shit eyesight
>>
File: 1487843725129.png (333KB, 401x349px) Image search: [Google]
1487843725129.png
333KB, 401x349px
>>35366914
I'm legitimately considering joining the Navy to help pay for school. Generally speaking, I'm not one for being told what to do - especially with a raised voice - but I wonder whether that wouldn't actually be good for me in the end.

Both my grandfather and my great grandfather were in the Navy, and both seem to have loved it, and a cousin of mine has put in near-25 years now.
>>
I want to join, but I have a peanut allergy. I'm considering joining the navy anyways without telling them. What are my chances of not getting kicked out?
>>
File: qt.jpg (34KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
qt.jpg
34KB, 400x400px
I joined the USMC. I'm going to boot in a month. Signed Intel contract.
>>
>>35366914
>So what's stopping you from joining the military?
I don't want to go through boot camp because I'm a weak sack of shit. Mad respect to the people who go through with it, though.
>>
>>35372189
Yeah pretty much this. I have a will of cotton.

could be fun blowing up sand niggers though
>>
If you want a gf, join the armed services and there are sloots trying to get married as soon as possible, if you get deployed off shore it's also pretty easy to pick up a foreign girl. So along with building your physique which will in turn build confidence and receiving job training and experiance you can get a gf who will want marriage for your sick benefits, yeah they're using you but it's to be expected from thots you can't ask for more. Win-win for robots really.
>>
>tfw recurring shin splints
Fuck I have to run to prepare for infantry but I can't
>>
Schizophrenia, BPD, AvPD, and severe depressions
Can't join any military
>>
If they'll even accept you you don't belong here, I wanted nothing more for years than to join and end up doing something comfy eventually.
>>
They literally would not take me due to mental stuff.

Fuck off normie.
>>
>>35373481
BRO, I know this feel. I'm leaving this weekend with a Special Forces contract. I've been training for the better part of 2 years, and it's always been running that gives me grief. I can ruck for days at a fast pace and have conditioned my feet fine, no pain whatsoever. But the moment I start running, I get pain. Originally when I started i'd have intense pain that felt like a rush of blood on the outside of the shin, almost like an engorging of blood that made it impossible to run. I changed my running gait and started running on my forefoot, but that just made the pain worse on the interior of the shin and while it wasn't as bad during my runs it'd kill me afterwards. No amount of ice or rest stopped it from coming back. Eventually I saw a physical therapist who helped me get custom made shoe inserts called orthoics. I retrained my cadence to have more steps per minute so my foot consistently lands under me (rather than striking forward of my center mass). It still took me a lot of playing around with it, but I'm finally getting better. My ship date is this weekend and I'm a bit nervous about shipping when I'm not 100% on my shins, but for the last month I've been running every day, lately 2 miles a day and it's been fine. I'm gonna try a 5 mile right before I leave, since I haven't run it in a long time.

I don't want to word vomit too many things, but reading your post brought up a lot of emotions. I was dropped from the DEP once due to a stress fracture from shin splints, and it's been a long journey to overcome my over pronation.

If you're consistently having problems try and get to a Physical therapist if possible to evaluate your running gait. In the mean time run stairs or do elliptical, swim, whatever to keep your cardio strong while you build your muscular strength.
>>
I don't think I have the mental discipline to make it through basic. Any advice from people in/gone through basic? I really want to join the army but I don't wanna be a beta bitch and not be able to pull through. That'd be the last embarrassment before I kill myself.
>>
>>35372053
They cant check med records at meps, but I'm not 100% if the DFAC or MREs make it obvious if the food comes in contact with peanuts. It's also not probably you'll always be near an EpiPen. So if you don't tell them, you'll probably make it through. But I'm not sure if it'd be a good idea in the long run. I'd go and ask the Navy reddit (I know reddit, but the military reddits aren't as cancer and generally have more relevant info).
>>
I tried to join, twice. They said no
>>
>>35366914
>having to get up and do stuff that isn't chilling at home and watching movies
>getting told what to do

lol I'll pass
>>
>>35368964
this is kinda me, honestly i have a tough time deciding literally just because i have a shy bladder and cant piss with someone in the room but i also have a picky appetite
>>
>>35373619
The military definitely isn't for everyone. But its not all Chads, especially given how large the military is. Airforce training has a long running gag of being pretty easy compared to the rest. Army and Marine basic/boot camp training can be more intensive, with Marine boot camp being consistently challenging (you will be tested mentally and physically) and Army basic training widely varying depending on where you go for it which will depend on what job you sign for. If you go infantry, you'll end up at Sand Hill at Ft. Benning, GA which (contrary to what motto Marines will argue) is just as hard as Marine infantry training. The military is what you make of it. Lots of aspies in the Airforce and Navy, less so but still present in the Army and Marines. Fitness requirements sadly aren't as high as you may think for most jobs that aren't combat related, and the drill Sgts/instructors actually want you to succeed contrary to what you may think due to media portrayals. If you fail to pass basic training the Drill Sgt WILL BE chewed out. So don't be a shitbag, don't quit. There will be times you're tested, they will get in your face, it will be hard. But soldier on and you'll be better for it. There's a lot of bullshit in the military, basic helps you prepare for it. Know that at the end of the day, its all fuck fuck games. They need to break you down to build you up, they need to get you ready for the BS that is government work. Keep a good attitude, recognize everything for what it is, and you'll do fine. The military really is what you make of it.
>>
File: images.jpg (25KB, 309x476px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
25KB, 309x476px
Guilty pleasures thread
>>
>>35371927
Army will actually get you LASIK/PRK.

>>35370165
Implying you'll become an officer. Even if you do you'll get RIF'd after 4 years as an O3. If you really had what it took to do well in ROTC/OCS/Mill Academy you wouldn't be shit posting late at night.

Enjoy not getting picked up, or getting picked up as a LogO and getting shit on for 4 years by your first sausage before being kicked out.
>>
>>35373718
Thanks for the post I appreciate it
>>
File: dk.gif (365B, 16x11px) Image search: [Google]
dk.gif
365B, 16x11px
>>35366914
I was in the military for a few months, it sucked.
>>
>>35366914
dying for soros isn't my top priority
>>
>>35373771
Seriously, I recommend checking out the military Reddits. Look up /r/army and /r/airforce, the amount of meme spewing autists will let you know you'll be among friends. Just pick a good job that is to your liking, do your research before going to MEPS. Do well on the ASVAB, and don't budge on the job you want. The Army has 188 jobs, look them up on the internet, and then research and ask questions on the Army reddit about the ones you think interest you. Don't sign for a job you don't want, it's not easy to change once you're in. Look up the mental requirements (ASVAB which is like SAT lite) and physical requirements (OPAT test, easy physical fitness test for some jobs). Prepare for those requirements. Go to the recruiter with a list of jobs or one job you really want, tell him you're serious and ready to test. Once you test you should be able to get a list of jobs and make a reservation for one. Sign only for the job you want, I know I keep saying this but this is the most important decision of your military career. It's really what you make of it. I don't know you, or that the military is right for you, but the military does have a very diverse set of people. The reason there's so much complaining is there are a lot of lazy soldiers. People who lack real world experience, the Army is their first job out of high school which they probably shit the bed in, and this is the first time holding down a real job away from their parents house. They look at everything as shitty and unfair, but compared to what those same people would face in the civilian job market the Army is the best thing that ever happened to them. Follow rules, don't be stupid, be at the right place, at the right time, in the right uniform and honestly it's not that hard.
>>
>>35366914
Credentials, intelligence, and self respect.

>>35366942
Air Force or Coast Guard
>>
>>35373609
You're absolutely fucked if you can't run. Especially if you're telling the truth about having a specops contract

T. Marine vet
>>
I will once I get out of this high school.
>>
>>35373899
You mean airy fairies, don't be a fag. Join the army.
>>
>>35374072
>t. Marine vet

You're a marine vet and go on r9k? You're really a virgin? How is that possible
>>
>>35374117
Hey man, don't hate on him. He was devoted to the job, Batman rejects whores for the sake of justice and doing good too.
>>
>>35374117
I have a wife and kid. Reading what you losers write makes me feel better about my life choices
>>
File: 1424436194735.jpg (73KB, 700x950px) Image search: [Google]
1424436194735.jpg
73KB, 700x950px
>>35366914
Too old for the regular army. I tried to join the reserves and passed the tests, but ultimately they rejected my application because I didn't sell myself well enough. Apparently, I should have mentioned what I do socially and what sports I like.
>>
>>35366914
already been, it's not place for robots (IDF)
especially not for 18 years old robot.
>>
>>35374072
I can run pretty well now. I'm plenty /fit/, and able to score close to 300 on the APFT and PFT. I can ruck 13 min miles for days. In the past though I used to have terrible shin splints due to a bad problem with extreme over pronation. After seeing a physical therapist and retraining my body to run with a more efficient gait and stride, I'm able to run well enough now. I'm just a bit nervous because I had dealt with the issue for so long that I wasn't sure if it'd ever get better, it's something that's always gonna be in the back of my mind for some time to come. That being said, I made that reply to provide some encouragement and possibly guidance who seems to be having the same problem I had that caused me so much grief for so long.
>>
>>35374195

guidance to someone who seems*

fuck I'm retarded.
>>
>>35366914
I'm joining the chair force after I graduate in CS this year so I can get security credentials and a cushy private sector infosec job when I get out
It's almost the only way to get the security clearance needed for the really lucrative positions
:(
>>
>a place for turbo brainlet normies who still believe in concepts like 'state', 'war', 'subordination' and other horrible things
>>
>>35366914
The military would only take me if they were desperate, which isn't the case. Could probably pass a physical exam with a bit of effort, doubt I'd manage a psychological one though.

Besides, why would I join the US military to fight for Israel?
>>
File: lowres.jpg (67KB, 500x495px) Image search: [Google]
lowres.jpg
67KB, 500x495px
>>35374143
>having a kid
>having a bitch that'll just take half your cash once you get too old and once she finds a Tyrone
>thinking you're better than anyone let alone a board full of predominantly redpilled under 25s who have their whole lives ahead of them once they quit being lazy depressed fucks

Normies are fucking wilin.
>>
>>35374251
Because if you don't join the US military to fight for israel then soon you'll be joining a different military to fight for mecca.
>>
>>35371540
Fucking this!
All of this!
>>
>>35366986
I'm scared of heights (although not seriously I could probably get over it) and haven't got a degree
>>
>>35374277
Sshh Robo.... let the normie-cuck enjoy his little bubble.
>>
>>35366914
What's stopping me? Well in Australia they are SUPER picky over who they take, despite always claiming they desperately need people. I applied a few years ago after spending months over preparing and they turned me down, along with maybe 27 of the other 30 people who made it to the interview portion of applying, that's out of 100 or so who pass the question and medical prelim earlier.

It's just like getting any other job here, basically. An employers market.
>>
>>35366914
I joined the military as a friendless, depressed virgin who never had gf and I left it as a friendless, depressed virgin who never had gf + even more anxiety due to shitty deployments.

I was an E-6 and still a robot sperg, so I said fuck it I'm done. I'm a little happier now though; maybe I'll use my GI Bill one day before it expires.
>>
I am not submissive by nature.
>>
I actually thought about it, but I have shitty eyes
>>
>>35375093
What branch/MOS/duty station? How did you never get ya dik zucked by one of the many would be dependas or skanks that lurk near ever base?
>>
>>35366914
I might not like it . And if I don't I'm stuck there for 4 years .
I'd rather be a civilian
>>
>>35368983

This.

I met a recruiter who cucked himself once.

We were driving back from the enlistment thing where you stay at hotel for a few days. You get your physicals, drug test, and fill out paperwork. Anyway we're driving back and out of nowhere my recruiter starts talking about how him and his girlfriend are in an "open" relationship and how he was getting pissed off she was dating this skinny wigger. I almost wanted to laugh. He gave his girlfriend permission to sleep around and didn't expect her?
>>
hnnnnnnn
The RN won't take me because of my allergies and autism
Should I lie? I feel like I should be lying to get in
I need the discipline that it'll give me, I really fucking need it
>>
>>35375128

You can still join the army, navy, or reserve. Not the marines though.
>>
>>35375104
Yes you are lmfao
>>
File: 1488644660783.png (3KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1488644660783.png
3KB, 400x400px
My back is kind of fucked, its not super bad but may prevent me from becoming a paratrooper or shit. Also the military in germanistan sucks in general
>>
I want to but I'm pretty out of shape and im pretty stupid
>>
>>35373899
>credentials
>intelligence
>self respect
>R9K

:thinking:
>>
>>35366914
I cant because my country wont accept you if you have allergies.

I would like to do training but serving a 4 year term seems like such a waste of time. I dont want to spend my youth sitting around doing fucking nothing (lord knows ive done enough of that) and its all id be doing in the army because my country doesnt go around invading sandniggers.

I would like to do training though.
>>
>>35366914
my unwillingness to become a KEK
>>
I can't see from afar without my glasses on, am I disqualified from joining?
>>
how do i become a drone pilot?
>>
>>35377415
You accept that you will have back problems from sitting in a hugely uncomfortable chair all day every day and then say to the recruiter you want to fly drones
There really aren't that many people signing up for that shit
>>
God fucking damn it. I would but when I was an edgy teenager I cut myself on my arm and it's extremely noticeable. If we wore tank tops it would be clearly visible. Would some sort of ointment get rid of them?
>>
>>35366914
I seriously considered joining the Navy at one point. Unfortunately, I take medication for depression and ADHD and that's instantly disqualifying. I could try going off my meds for a few years and then enlist, but I'd worry that I'd end up killing myself in the meantime. Not to mention that my ADHD is bad enough that they'd probably notice I can't focus on any task for a prolonged period of time, and then I'd get a fraudulent entry discharge if I lied about not having ADHD.

Hopefully I can one day serve my country in some other capacity. Being a US Foreign Service Officer would be my dream job.
>>
>>35366914
why do they wear those stupid droopy hats?
>>
>>35372173
>Marines
>Intel
Dude. No such fucking thing. They'll have you patrol for IEDs and that will be your intel. You will most likely work with EOD. Man, you fucked up big time.
>>
>>35366914
Because I'm not a retard

Not surprised this isn't original
>>
>>35378798
Sorry to break it to you but you'll never serve your country if you have ADHD and feel constantly suicide? Like you really think they'll accept a guy who is on anti depressants over other applicants who have served in the military and have master degrees? If we ever get desperate, we still probably would even call you into service because you probably couldn't even handle the most basic situations. Instead of hopefully having a US foreign service job, maybe you should be hopeful in not killing yourself. Don't even bother, your wasting your time. 3 years will go by and you'll realize this. Look into something else. We have no need for you.
>>
>>35366914
I have aspergers and the recruiter told me that its an automatic disqualification.
>>
>>35367139
>college credits
What are those? I never went to college...
>>
>>35366914
What the hell is wrong with that guys beret. Fucking butter bars
>>
>>35379384
First off, I already have a master's degree. And I never said I'm actually suicidal, just that I don't think going off my anti-depressants is a good idea. Furthermore, having depression and ADHD isn't instantly disqualifying for the US Foreign Service like it is for the military. So what the fuck makes you so arrogant when you're currently posting Tomoko on /r9k/? You going to claim you're somehow not fucked up?
>>
Have no desire to fight for my country.
>>
>>35366914
>it's smething everyone should experience once
Haha, well from me to you, please accept my genuine and most sincere 'Fuck you'.
>>
Why bother when I can just stream saving private Ryan and band of brothers for free and watch it in my underwear
>>
>>35366979
lmao that'd be a good cartoon
a r9k style neet enlists in the army but, through a clerical error, starts at the highest rank
>>
>>35366914
>It's something everyone should experience once.
wrong, that's combat, and in the military you hardly see any of it. Even if you do, you were on the wrong side anyway.
I'm good where I am.
>>
>>35375007
I don't have a degree either but they let me join. As long as you're not mentally retarded and can score decently on the asvab you'll be fine.
>>
I probably don't make the minimum height requirement.

Also to educated. They'd probably want me working in intelligence since I have a high level of math education.
>>
>>35380035
>"to" educated
right...
>>
>>35380035
Minimum height is like 5 ft anon.

Are you seriously telling me you're a dwarf?
>>
>21y, NEET for 3 years
>joining air force
>picking easy jobs with short tech school lengths because I'm basically using the air force as a stepping stone to higher education
>pay is equivalent to having a $30k civilian job (after taxes and living expenses)
>free food, housing, etc
>going to buy own car
>forced to interact with people and exercise (good thing)
>get to travel
>free associates degree from community college of the air force
>probably going to get bachelor's degree after enlistment using gi bill
>all for the low cost of being a slave for 4 years
>truthfully, it's better than being a NEET for 4 years
>>
If you have a degree don't go officer unless you want to make it a career. If an enlisted person screws up it's not that bad, but if an officer screws up you get FUCKED. Plus being an officer is more of a manager position and you don't get to do cool stuff.

They promote you to E3 or E4 if you enlist with a degree anyway.

t. Former Marine ROTC kid looking to enlist in the Air Force
>>
>>35380914
How high on the Asvab did you score to get in? Im joining in the fall and want to know.
>>
Bump
ing

OIRGINAL GOKU SAMA
>>
>>35367187
if i don't have any education beyond HS diploma, would i be trained to work on planes if that's what i wanted to do? I don't have any experience in mechanics, but that's what i would want to do.

are you just assigned jobs based on your intelligence/aptitude tests?

working in an air force hangar sounds as a mechanic or engineer sounds pretty ideal, if i could get free training for that.
>>
Because l dont want to fucking die fighting for fucking Halalistan.
>>
File: Snapchat-845190180.jpg (730KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-845190180.jpg
730KB, 1080x1920px
Airfuckingborne.

Currently deployed, AMA
>>
>>35379747
Ow the original edge
Calm down kid
>>
>>35381461
You take the ASFAB and depending on your score you get to choose which job you want. The higher your score the more options are available to you.

You have to be adamant about the job you want because sometimes some recruiters will offer you other jobs because there are more slots available. Don't listen to any of that, sign up for the job you want and don't say anything otherwise. Don't sign up for something unless you know exactly what you're getting into, that's how you get stuck with a shitty job.
>>
>>35381631
can you take the asfab multiple times? Or can you take the asfab and just not apply if you don't like the score it gives you?
>>
File: 1420099814802.jpg (13KB, 250x239px) Image search: [Google]
1420099814802.jpg
13KB, 250x239px
I'm about to graduate with a double major in computer science and computer information systems. what would my options be if i wanted to do something in the military? Is the a place for robots like me?
>>
>>35366914
What the fuck is going on with those berets? I went to a meme conscription army and even there you would get yelled at if you wore your beret like that.
>>
>>35366914
I'm planning to thruhike the AT. I wanted to do something big in free time before actually getting my life together before I don't have the time to do it. Also it might help get through basic/boot camp.
>>
>>35381775
You can retake it one month after the initial test, and another month after that. After two tries you have to wait six months.

But you can take practice tests so you shouldn't have to worry about it.
>>
>>35381835
Air Force cyber stuff. Talk to a recruiter about the "17d AFSC"
>>
File: beret.jpg (56KB, 640x371px) Image search: [Google]
beret.jpg
56KB, 640x371px
>>35366914
jesus christ that beret on the guy in the middle is riddiculous.
>>
>>35381588
Where to? I'm probably going to RC east in August this year
>>
>>35366914
Convicted felon I tried to join in 2004 and was rejected
>>
>>35366914
>working on another career
>not stupid enough to give up my life for a country who spies on me and generally acts corrupt
>>
>tried to enlist when I was 17
>fill out medical records
>permanently disqualified on the spot for being born with an undescended testicle
>I literaly didn't have the balls to join the military
>>
>>35383141
Wait what

Is this just banter, or is this an actual thing?
>>
>>35383215
It's real

http://www.military.com/join-armed-forces/disqualifiers-medical-conditions.html

http://m.motherjones.com/mojo/2007/12/missing-testicle-say-goodbye-tour-iraq-you-were-hoping
>>
>>35366914
Mother was in the military and my extensive psychiatric record growing up makes me ineligible.
>>
>>35368808
>Playing call of duty
>>
Too old and too weak
>tfw 25 with brittle bones
>>
>>35383937
How is 25 is too old?
>>
Anyone know whats the lowest you can get on the test to get in the airforce?
>>
>>35366914
>being a mindless drone for a country that hates you
>joining an organization that enforces the chad stereotype
Kek no thanks op enjoy your brainwashing and ptsd
>>
>>35366914
>tfw will never die in a real war fighting for your values, family and country
>only kikes, oil rich sandniggers and oil greedy bankers
Why even bother
>>
File: CheckmateProper.jpg (256KB, 1504x1052px) Image search: [Google]
CheckmateProper.jpg
256KB, 1504x1052px
>>35379674
>I could try going off my meds for a few years and then enlist, but I'd worry that I'd end up killing myself in the meantime.
Not Suicidal? You're worried that you will kill yourself if you get off your anti depressants. You're also dependent on them. You claim to have a Master's, anybody can type those words. You honestly think the US Foreign Service is going to take a suicidal, ADHD, and dependent on anti depressants? I think you might want to add delusion to that list. Why would they take you? You're a fucking joke and should NEVER even dream about something like this. You can't even handle everyday life without some kind of chemical and some how you think you can become a FSO? You have a weak mind, you're not mentally strong, hence why the military didn't even bother with you. It's sad and funny at the same time. Here is someone with a long list of problems thinking he will be something. I have dealt with you pathetic ungrateful people like you before. You think you can some how do it. Every single individual like yourself has never past the psychology exam. Even if you do, 100% of the time you fail because you have a mental breakdown.
>>
>>35366914
I joined army back in 2011 and left the same year because the military is a terrible employer that expects the soldiers to work for patriotism instead of salary and humane working conditions

I'm still active in the national guard thou
>>
>>35366914
They'd probably pick on me and I'd probably bomb the barracks. I'm not a good person. I'd be good at the killing part, but I probably wouldn't make it that far because I'd be killing comrades before they had a chance to put me in the field.

I'm just going to wait for the federal government to collapse so that we're all free and can kill each other in the open and redraw our boundaries. This multicutural, multiethnic society is suicide for anyone stupid enough to base their civilization on it and easy pickings for outsiders.
>>
>>35367423
>everyone is forced to respect you
It's hard for a group of men who have real combat experience to respect a fresh faced suburban college grad who became an officer after "earning" an overpriced degree at a pump-n-dump state university in something completely useless like social science or communication because his parents read a report about sexual hazing of the enlistees and they didn't want their boy to be mistreated so they convinced him to go ROTC and get any old degree because it's on the government's dime.

I'm not saying this is always the case, but it's often similar.
Thread posts: 182
Thread images: 23

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.