[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which one is true? Assume total, global values: >There is

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: yin yang.jpg (484KB, 1378x1378px) Image search: [Google]
yin yang.jpg
484KB, 1378x1378px
Which one is true? Assume total, global values:
>There is more happiness than suffering in the world
>There is more suffering than happiness in the world
>There is an equal amount of suffering and happiness in the world
>Neither happiness nor suffering truly exist
Which one sounds more correct to you? Why? What implications does this have for the world? How do you fit into this picture?
>>
Id say more suffering just because of the density of population in shithole countries where kids are playing by survival of the fittest rules.
Im living cozy in a western nation where most people would like to think there is more happiness, but even here people get kidapped, raped, murdered, dying of cancer etc.

Im pretty cynical about this subject which is why im aware and glad that I'm still riding the cozy train in life.
>>
Anybody with any substantial understanding of reality know this is the only valid answer.

Not even Mathematics is real. People tout it as "the language of the universe" but that's not true, it's just a abstractly developed language to describe what we see in the universe. Happiness and Suffering are human languages of subjective experience.
>>
>>35360960
I would say more suffering, although it's impossible to gauge that amount. We are constantly striving towards something, and we almost never truly reach what we strive towards.
>>
File: 1472339092722.gif (1MB, 180x200px) Image search: [Google]
1472339092722.gif
1MB, 180x200px
>>35360960
The sun should be in the night part and the moon in the day part THAT'S HOW YIN AND YANG WORKS THIS PICTURE ANGERS ME
>>
File: tmp-6.gif (5KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
tmp-6.gif
5KB, 200x200px
Neither happiness nor suffering exist. It's all relative. While I love cheese to no extent, my brother absolutely hates it.
>>
>>35361168
put it better than i could
>>
If neither happiness nor suffering truly exist, what are you?
>>
>There is more suffering than happiness in the world
Almost certainly this
>Why?
The body in itself is a means for suffering, more than it is for joy: there is starvation, disease, injury. Even the sources of pleasure (like the genitals) are also sources of suffering (as seen in >tfw no gf). Then comes the mind, which means nothing but more suffering: desire, frustration, sorrow...
Ultimately, people bring new people to this world, and only teach them to be miserable. The amount of suffering you inherit from your parents is disproportionate to the amount of joy you get.
>What implications does this have for the world?
The world is a cruel place, and all the furstrations and childhood traumas that people carry cause a lot of conflict, which only snowballs the amount of suffering.
>How do you fit into this picture?
I don't think it's something that can't be helped. I believe that we can watch our minds and detach ourselves from a lot of the things that cause us suffering.
It also means that I don't have to look out for the things of this world to alleviate suffering, but quite the opposite.
>>
I am kind of inclined to think this one too, but I have an objection: Yes, they are illusions, this much is true. But they are tangible, and almost all of us lack the ecuanimity to keep ourselves from being wrecked by some sorts of suffering.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.