[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I learn to socialize again? I don't want to

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4

File: 1483039699650.png (42KB, 846x592px) Image search: [Google]
1483039699650.png
42KB, 846x592px
How do I learn to socialize again? I don't want to live like this anymore
>>
File: 1475531075354.jpg (216KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1475531075354.jpg
216KB, 1280x720px
>>35360920
It's too late. Normal people learn to socialize when they are children, not in their 20s or late teens. Every interaction you will force yourself to have is going to be awkward and embarrassing. Whoever you would talk to most likely interacts with dozens of people every day and for you it is probably the first in person conversation in weeks. They will never relate, you will always just be a bother and a weirdo to them. Accept your hermit life.
>>
File: image.jpg (22KB, 350x262px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22KB, 350x262px
>>35360920
Be something your not. Add some random ass personalities to your outside life to mask your real boring personality.
Leslie Nielsen, moe, Lionel hutz, bill hicks, Alex Jones, are some based personalities to add to your everyday life... Good Luck!
>>
do you have problems talking to people?

can you hold a conversation with a stranger for more than 3 minutes? If so you can try practice talking to people online (omegle, interpals if you are into asian qts), try going outside more and start some basic conversations with people (like asking for directions or sth). If not, you are probably beyond saving.
>>
>>35360920
Start small and then move on to bigger things. Start with some guy in a grocery store or something like that. Most social interactions are shallow and simple. You can do it anon.
>>
ez talk to urself n realize u can be also plenty of imaginary friend, then if people look u strange look at u lol, u lol lol , go clubbing too
>>
>>35362242

>be alex jones

literally the worst advice i've ever heard
>>
File: 1470837617791.jpg (82KB, 736x883px) Image search: [Google]
1470837617791.jpg
82KB, 736x883px
>>35362522
>>35362751
I'm not that bad at conversation I think, but its been so long since I've interacted with people in social settings (parties and stuff like that), I've just been home all the time. Now I just feel anxious or feel as if I'm a bother to people, I even feel too nervous to try and go in voice channels on discords. Tried getting tinder but I'm just way too nervous and anxious about what we are going to do or talk about and end up never meeting with people.
>>
>>35360920
Its going to be uncomfortable, but only through exercising your charisma can you build sociability.
That means forcing yourself to socialize in many different situations, places and with people of different attitudes and backgrounds.
Its essentially a type of exposures therapy, to get you over the fear of social interaction by normalizing it completely. Taking drugs/alcohol will not help you be more social, they just temporarily push off inhibitions which doesn't solve the actual problem.
>>
>>35362996
I like to lay out a rough plan for a conversation when talking to new people. Helps a bit with the anxiety but otherwise you'll have to just do it. Starting is always the hardest part
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.