[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there a single person besides me here who genuinely doesn't

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 7

File: Urgh.jpg (10KB, 284x177px) Image search: [Google]
Urgh.jpg
10KB, 284x177px
Is there a single person besides me here who genuinely doesn't want to do anything with people?Not because Im autistic or something, I mean I even get the opportunitys, but I just decline them because I'm having more fun in my room watching anime.
Is there anyone else like this or is this just a board full of crying, miserable virgins?
>>
>>35356307
I'm like this but I don't get the opportunities.
>>
>>35356307
how can you sit alone wasting time watching anime? i try to make progress on my massive backlog and it just makes me feel like shit because i'm pouring my youth down the drain
>>
>>35356307

I'm the same only because I find other people completely retarded or just exhausting to be around since they only care about themselves at the end of the day.
>>
>>35356327
That's what I don't understand.
I really think the way Im spending my youth is fine, as long as I like it. I don't get it why everyone wants to live their youth with good friends, a girlfriend and so on. I just don't have the desire. Im actually having fun watching anime by myself while sitting in my room all day.
Meanwhile everyone here just complains how much they've failed because they cant have a normal youth etc etc.
>>
>>35356355
This is what I'm talking about. I'd rather just spend some time by myself being in my room than use energy on socializing.
>>
>>35356388
>Im actually having fun watching anime by myself while sitting in my room all day.

so that's all you want from life?
>>
You do know that anime is about people right? You are just substituting anime for friends?
>>
>>35356412
I guess... yeah. I don't have any other goal other than that. As long as I have my own tiny 1 person flat where I can watch anime/something else I'm perfectly fine.
>>
Yeah, I've realized I generally don't get anything positive out of social interaction. It's just not worth it.
I don't post much on 4chan anymore either.
>>
>>35356459
I guess you could call it that. I mean it's not like Im trying to escape from reality, it's just I find that way more enjoyable than experiencing the real thing. Might be because it's shaped to be entertaining or atleast to be a good experience while the real thing has all kinds of random factors, I don't really know.
>>
>>35356460
How old are you? Are you male or female? Do you have a job? Do you attend school? Why do you like anime?
>>
>>35356483
Normally I don't post much too, I was just wondering if im really the only one who thinks like that because it really seems like it judging from all the threads im seeing here.
>>
Classic case of autism
>>
>>35356409

Worst part is how if you don't conform to their shitty taste in movies or TV shows they just isolate you and think something is wrong.

>What do you mean you don't like Harry Potter or ASOIAF
>>
>>35356496
Im 19 years old, female. I do have a job, but Im working from home, really dont get payed much, just barely enough for food and all the other stuff you need to live.
In most cases, I like it because of the story. Sometimes I just watch it because I want to have a good laughter or really just to have a good evening. It's kinda like when people go lifting everyday for atleast an hour. Only that my personal is, that, if im able to, I should atleast watch 1 Season of an anime. (Mostly 12 episodes so its ~4 hours).
>>
>>35356514
Yeah, that's pretty bad too, even if I don't really experience that. As soon as Im asked something and I don't have a way of bailing out, lets say for example on a train ride I mostly just straight up lie so I dont get in an argument of any sorts, mostly because I dont want to waste my time like that.
>>
File: sonuvabitch.png (293KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
sonuvabitch.png
293KB, 600x800px
I get you. People are so fucking boring and uninteresting I'd rather stay home and talk to weirdos online. Or play vidya and watch anime too.
>>
>>35356583
I see, I have a better picture now. Well the first thing we need to ask is: Why browse /r9k/ in the first place? Why create this thread? Why do you care if what you are doing is normal or commonplace if you are content? I think I know the answer, but I don't think you know the answer. It seems to me like maybe you are using anime to just pass the time? In that case, living is boring for you? Do you think you'll ever get tired of anime? Do you have anything else you to do fill the time?
>>
File: 1472028993917.png (262KB, 457x380px) Image search: [Google]
1472028993917.png
262KB, 457x380px
>>35356307
I'm the same. I'm at college and I'm always trying to get away from people. When I get a knock on my room door I normally try to pretend I'm asleep or not there so I don't have to talk or do anything with them. Have much more fun by myself watching anime and shit posting on 4chan.

Friends a massive waste of time and a gf sounds the same plus a massive waste of money. Whenever I have to hang out with friends I feel like I'm wasting time and feel I don't want to be there. I have to fake that I'm enjoying myself when I really don't give a fuck about what other's are doing or saying. I like to talk to some people, but only the ones that require no commitments.

I'm so content with being by myself. I never get bored or lonely. Most people don't seem to understand my introverted personality. Nice to know there are some people who are similar.
>>
File: comfy_pepe_text.jpg (263KB, 720x764px) Image search: [Google]
comfy_pepe_text.jpg
263KB, 720x764px
>>35356508
Not him but I'm the exact same OP.

>ever since I was young I've always avoided going to any social events, joining clubs, doing things with friends, etc.
>i'm completely content with sitting in my room playing vidya for months at a time, in fact the part of my life that I remember most fondly was when I had summer off from school and just played Dark Souls for 12 hours a day for like 3 months
>my social skills aren't even bad, I just hate socializing
>had a long-term girlfriend for awhile, sex and everything, and I can say I honestly would rather be single, have all the time/money to myself, and death grip jerk off to fetishes on the internet

I've yet to meet one (1) person irl who's like this. To me everyone is a normie. But maybe that's because autists like us never never leave our rooms in the first place?
>>
>>35356307
I feel ya. If I had enough money, I'd go full hermit.
>>
>>35356692
Yeah, I guess you could say it's my version of passing time. The reason I created this was not because I want to know if I fit in or not. It's just that I am bored at the moment and I still have about half an hour left before Im going to start another anime, so I just posted this out of curiousity. Well living is living i guess, Im getting by pretty normal in my opinion. Working to live, I guess. I wouldn't say it's boring, just monotonous, and anime is a nice way of changing things up a bit because every day it's something different. I hope that I don't get tired of anime, but I guess I can't really control my interest, so I'm just hoping that I won't. Well I do have opportunity to do something else to fill the time, but they're just not interesting in my opinion.
>>
>>35356307
I don't have any problems interacting with other people, in fact i get along pretty well with the rest of my class. But I never go to stuff like parties, events etc. if they're not obligatory. I just like being alone more than being together with people. I have friends, but I don't really actively interact much with them besides when I'm together with them for work/studying, which means I get distanced from them slowly, and eventually we just don't talk anymore. But whenever people complain about my lifestyle, I just shrug it off and tell them that's how I like to live my life.
>>
>>35356459
I use anime, especially moe, as a way to substitute friends and life in general and I'm fully aware of it.

The simulated emotions of laotian cartoons are the only emotions that I feel. What the fuck have I done to my life...
>>
>>35356727
My situation is exactly like this, except with anime. I mean yeah, having a gf is nice and all but anime is just more fun and just something different everytime.

>>35356710
Exactly, even on here, most people think that in secret I'm lonely and Im just salty that I dont have any friends, but really, Im fine like this.
>>
>>35356459
Friends in anime are fun and cute. Friends irl are boring as fuck.
>>
>>35356692
Not OP, but in a similar situation. Anime is a hobby just like any other, I don't get why hobbies without a social element are so stigmitized by people. It's possible to enjoy your own company and feel fulfilled by doing things by yourself. If you're so hung up on the weeb element, here's another example: I go hiking alone fairly often and feel great every time I do it. If you think all people who like anime are just "passing the time because they're bored with life" then the same could be said about any other hobbies. If you think that it's only possible to be fulfilled in life by interacting with other people, then you're giving up control of some aspects of your life that you don't need to. But then again, it seems like that's what everyone does based on how much whining goes on around here.
>>
>>35356834
I was like that, too. My class liked me and wanted to get along with me. Everytime they tried to talk to me, I'd answer kindly, but thats it. I always declined everything that had to do with hanging out or something, I guess i just used them to get by in school quicker.
>>
>>35356876
Exactly!
I don't even feel lonely being alone, no matter for how long. And yes, it is pretty annoying that most people on here are like that.
>>
>>35356796
You're going to get tired of anime. The smarter you are, the sooner you are going to get tired of it. You are going to notice similarities in characters, plot structure, and tropes. It takes intelligence to notice this kind of stuff, and the more you immerse yourself in it the sooner you will grow tired of it. The more depth something has, the longer it takes to tire of it, anime has very little depth. Believe me you will at some point tire of anime, and then you will be in chaos. The sooner you find something substantial that gives your life actual meaning, the easier it will be to mitigate the consequences of what you are doing.

>>35356841
Yep lol.

>>35356930
You're not alone though, you have 4chan. Try not using the internet for a week. I'm not a normalfag, I have no friends, no GF, nothing. I moved to a new town recently for college, and had to wait a week to get an internet connection installed. I passed the time by playing Steins;Gate 0 which had just recently been translated. I played a few other games as well, but in the end, the lack of 4chan and social connection REALLY fucked me up. And that is just a week.
>>
File: 1472787343904.jpg (184KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1472787343904.jpg
184KB, 1920x1080px
To all the people who never get lonely and prefer being alone in this thread...I find I'm always talking to myself in my head. Do you guys do that too?
>>
>>35356307
This isn't my game. It's clearly someone else's, and I'm just here for the ride. I'm losing the best way I know how.
>>
>>35357010
Yeah, it might happen someday. I mean it's already been 4 years with atleast 2,5 of them I spent watching atleast one season everday. I honestly don't know at the moment what else I could do. I mean I do have more free time than others because Im working from home but I dont know what else i should do. 4Chan is pretty fun, but I mostly just lurk, though it gets boring quickly because on the front page of /rjk/ there may be 3-4 original threads that only repeat themselves the more I scroll down. I had a phase where I loved playing video games, but that was like 3 years ago, and I don't have the smallest urge to start that again. I already kinda lost connections with a Teamspeak server I went on since I was 10, because I did more and more things solo so I just didn't visit as often. Then the day came where I completly stopped visiting. They have no way of pming me, because I pretty much uninstalled every video game client I had, Origin, Uplay, and last time I was only on Steam was probably around 1-2 Years ago.
>>
>>35357010
Woops left out a sentence. And the smarter you are, the sooner it will be you realize it.
>>
>>35357031
I did that sometimes, but I actually talked with myself, well it was more like I thought out loud.
>>
>>35357031
I do. And I have a lot of imaginary conversations with people (real or fictional characters) as well.
>>
>>35357104
this, i'll be 24 this year and have been sustained my NEET years on video games and anime and now i'm totally bored of both
>>
File: 1475984180236.jpg (7KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1475984180236.jpg
7KB, 250x250px
>>35357104
Don't worry about this. It's just like songs get boring over time. You can just cycle through various hobbies throughout your life. There will always be something to get into.
>>
>>35357177
Yeah, hopefully.
>>35357171
Though in my situation, I never really had that much fun to begin with playing video games.
>>
I remember being like this from around ages 18-22. "As long as I have my anime and my vidya I'll be fine", that whole thing. That all changes once you get a little older and you start to truly comprehend what it is you missed out on and what the rest of your life has in store for you if things stay the way they are.
>>
>>35357104
don't you feel bad for being stuck looking at screens your whole life? It's like you are a voluntarily caged animal. It's a very unnatural behavior.

Just imagine yourself like the animal you are (like all of us). Now imagine an animal that is 100% of his free time looking at a screen. It is weird, isn't it?
>>
>>35357104
I've given you your warning, that's all I'll do. Choose to listen or not, either way it'll all come crashing down eventually, and then you'll be years behind everyone else as you try to pick up the pieces.

Oh you're a girl too, at some point you'll have a biological urge to have children, but won't be able to do anything about it because you spent your youth cooped up.
>>
>>35357224
Well if you're from america, you probably still went to college, meanwhile I finished school with 16 (Fachoberschulreife) and got into working. But yeah, it might happen, I hope im one of the special cases that live with it their entire lifes, but I guess it's pretty unlikely.
>>
>>35357224
yep it really hit me recently

people with normal lives find it weird being around me knowing i dont work or anything and just stay at home all day. im 23 and it needs to change now
i didnt finish high school either lmao
>>
>>35357239
That's what I'm talking about, I don't feel like that at all. I actually feel pretty happy like this. It is weird, sure, but I don't think I can change anything about it.
>>35357249
Yeah, maybe I'll change it someday, I don't know yet.
>>
>>35357323
Just get some comfy job at a local computer repair shop.
That's what I plan to do if I drop out of uni.
>>
>>35357224
same here

I was pretty much okay with being alone when I was younger, but it was like I couldn't see what life really is and, more important, what future will have for me. Now I have nothing and I'm scared to death of my future.

Escape this hell while you still can, OP
>>
>>35356307
>not autist
>watch cartoons
>>
I honestly prefer being alone. I've tried the whole GF/friends stuff and it's painful exhausting and boring.
I concede that I do require some social interaction from time to time, just to get out of my head and keep sane, but nowadays I get that interaction from work.
It's a beautiful thing to come back home and spend the afternoon by myself.
>>
>>35357426
>It's a beautiful thing to come back home and spend the afternoon by myself.
It really is. Those times when you have to spend your free time with other people feel so wasted.
>>
>>35356583
knowing that i was a 19 year old who just wanted to spend all day on a computer and now at 26 i'm miserable as fuck regretting everything i did during college, i'm curious about how many people are as dumb as us.
>>
>>35357389
>That's what I'm talking about, I don't feel like that at all. I actually feel pretty happy like this. It is weird, sure, but I don't think I can change anything about it.

I was like you, OP. I hope you realize soon enough how much damage you are doing to yourself. Or never realize it at all.

Only recently I've notice how abnormal I am, how I threw my life away, and I swear I've never felt worst in my whole life.
>>
>>35357466
Because you're not spending it around the right people. You do realize that spending time posting on 4chan is spending your free time with other people right? It doesn't matter if you are posting or lurking. We are real people.
>>
>>35357426
I agree with you on the gf part, it's nice but I dont really need it.
>>35357412
I guess I'm an idiot and I'll only learn when I experience it, that's just me I was like that since I was little. At the moment I have a stable job and enjoy what I do in my free time, so I hope it atleast stays like that.
>>
>>35357504
bad thing is that I can really see myself in you. I was like that since I was little too. I really hope things end up differently for you.
>>
>>35356307
Same but I wish I could enjoy things but the guilt of not securing my selfsustainability first is killing me.
>>
Who here wants to fuck?
>>
>>35357475
Heh, I agree with you on the "or never realize" part. I guess it's not good what I'm doing to myself but I also think I can't really change anything if my body doesn't want to, as long as I am happy and fine I don't think I'll be smart enough to stop it, as your experiences tell me.
>>
>>35357487
Yeah I love you guys. I can say what I want. I don't have to leave my room to talk to you and you don't expect anything from me.

What I don't like is that people don't seem to understand that I don't want to be surrounded by friends 24/7. I do need social interaction, but very little. Most people seem to need a lot.
>>
>>35357487
Not really. I find comfort in being with myself, having time to deal with my own thoughts. That's the main attraction of being alone.
I even like the people I get to interact with, but I like my own company better.
>>
>>35357662
Yeah, I guess I was lucky being born in germany, it's a lot easier here, you don't even really need a college degree, normal high school degree is fine.
>>
>>35357725
Yet here you are, spending time with people. It's hard to take you seriously.
>>
>>35357743
Well I live in Sweden and I failed high school.

I can relate though, I've tried to socialize with my friends but it just drains me too much.
>>
>>35357776
Yeah, I did have some good grades. Like mostly A or B's and maybe a few C's. But I guess everyone has their own reasons, maybe it wasn't even your fault for failing it, I don't really know I'm just another anon passing by on this board.
>>
>>35357749
I get it may seem like hypocrisy. But most of the time I spend here is not actually interacting with anyone, just lurking.
>>
I'm 23 years old soon to be 24. Never had many friends, never socialized that much with many people, never regretted it. It's not that big of a deal, OP.

Though to be fair I did go to CC and University (still attending) and had a lot of online interactions with people playing online games.

My only regret was not getting a GF. I always liked the idea of having a GF, it was just so "romantic" to me. The kind of girl who would like me would be so great, and we would get a long splendidly.

Yet no desire for friends.
>>
>>35357902
Yeah, I did actually have a gf, even if it was with 14. Even though I lost my virginity, it's not worth it in my opinion. It's just spending extra time with her and sometimes buying her something, some may say, that I didn't experience true love, might be true, but still, I hardly doubt that another gf would change my current situation, as I already stated, Im pretty happy like this.
>>
>>35357776
How the fuck do you fail high school?

Even 80% of USA graduates high school and the current cohort is like 50% black and hispanic
>>
>>35356307
I spent my early 20's honing my ability to be comfortable alone.
I regret it now, because I am romantically lonely and afraid to leave the house or meet new people,
>>
>>35358143
Maybe I'm just talking bullshit, but as far as I experienced romance really isn't that great. Sure it might be great the few couple of weeks, but after that it fades away quickly.
>>
>>35356307

Yes but i'm actually a sperg. Thing about spergs though, not all of them don't want to deal with people. Some of them really want friends and relationships and the rest of it, they just have a hard go because they suck at the whole procedure. Fortunately I'm not one of those. If it was at all feasible for me to be hermit on mountain top man, I would.
>>
>>35356307

>MUH ANIME MUH ANIME MUH ANIME MUH ANIME MUH ANIME MUH ANIME

Jesus OP shut the fuck up about anime already, is there anything else you're doing besides anime? Tell me you at least play video games or some shit...
>>
>>35357031

Yes. I also talk to my pets.
>>
>>35358306
If you'd actually read the thread you could clearly tell, that the only thing I'm really doing in my free time is watching anime. I stopped playing video games a few years ago.
>>
>>35358389
maybe you could spend some of your time learning japanese? i started doing that at some point and so far I've learnt a lot, plus it's a ton of fun. you don't need to practice a lot, and since you've watched a lot of anime, you might find you have some aptitude for it because you can recognize a lot of words.
>>
>>35358071
Well, I got rekt by a car and missed months and I was always behind in school and then third year was hard because of family issues and death.
>>
>>35358456
I was thinking about that, might start soon with it. Already found a book that I can use for learning, would probably make everything much more enjoyable if I can also understand it without subs.
>>
>>35358208
probably, but around 25 I started feeling like it was about time to get a gf. Then around 30 I felt like it was about time to get married. Then around 35 I thought it was about time to have kids.
But I still haven't even gotten a gf.
>>
>>35356307
I've had friends who are actually more enjoyable to hang out with than anime or vidya, but most people are in fact boring to be around.
>>
>>35358565
Must be harsh, worrying about all that. Well, that's why I prefer being like this.
>>
>>35358619
It just sucks. even though those milestones are just made up in my head, I feel like I've let myself down.
>>
>>35358635
On the bright side, I expect my 40 year milestone to be "about time to kill myself" and I'm pretty confident I can nail that one.
>>
>>35358635
For me I feel like all 3 of those things but I'm only 20.
>>
>>35358667
everyone has their own pace. Try your best to get them while you're still young, even if you have to make a fool of yourself
>>
Why bother with them? They'll just spend all of the time on their phones and make it the focal point.
>>
Consider this, people who seem to think anime is something without depth and therefore you will grow tired of it and find something more fulfilling and intellectual.

People have hobbies that help them relax, not just to stimulate their brain. Most television, not just anime, is comprised of the same tropes and characters over and over. You're letting your bias towards weebs cloud your judgement.

After a stressful day at work some people just want to relax, not solve a complex riddle or do any other task that really uses their brain. Sure anime has very similar characters and usually not too interesting plots, but it is very good at creating a comfy atmosphere that is perfect for turning your brain off and relaxing for an hour or two. Mind you, exceptions do exist, some anime do require some thought and have excellent artistic direction, but those are few and far between, much like regular tv shows.

The point is, not everyone always wants to be straining themselves 24/7, sometimes you want to just lay down for an hour or so even if it isn't the most intellectual thing in the world.
>>
>>35359385
I agree with this. Sometimes I just want to stare at colorful characters doing something mundane.
>>
>>35359385
>Bias against weebs

Yeah sure dude, did you even read my post.

>>35357010
>>
>>35360133
Yes, actually I did. The comment for bias against weebs could apply for others. I did not reply to you specifically. The part of my post that would pertain to yours would be the part about how not all hobbies need to be intellectually stimulating. You seem to be under the impression that once you discover that something isn't very deep, it loses all value and you suddenly feel like it has been a waste of time.

Let me ask you this, have you ever done anything in your life that hasn't benefitted you in any way? Lie down in bed and stare at the ceiling? Take a long shower? That's basically the same as watching anime, it's a comfort activity. You aren't meant to draw much from it aside from a few outlier shows. I say this as a person that has watched well over 600 tv series, 95% of anime is fluff that is good for kicking back and relaxing with. The other 5% is the occasional treat that surprises you and lets you learn something new or appreciate things from a new perspective.

You can deny it all you want and pretend that you only care about sophisticated hobbies, but the fact is that the majority of people have at least one activity that they do to help them relax, not because they want to better themself in some way. Mental stability is important, and you sure as hell won't achieve it by solving difficult puzzles.
>>
I'm attracted to girls but don't feel the need/lack the drive to pursue a relationship. I don't really desire a relationship either, just sex, and even then I couldn't be bothered to seek it actively.

As for friends, I always prefer being alone to being with people. I actually like going a few weeks with no human interaction aside from 4chan and the occasional call from my mom or whatever.

This isn't normal, is it? Even then, it's not like I'm unhappy.
>>
>graduate uni, get a well paying job and a couple friends
>eventually get gf
>finally start having regular sex, feeling quite happy
>after a few months start losing interest
>she makes me go out drinking with her and have more friends
>she forces me into more social situations
>makes me have sex with her daily
>i know this is good for me because i'm kinda autistic
>inside i really just want to spend all my free time playing video games and doing drugs alone
>miss those comfy days where i could just spend the whole saturday on acid playing minecraft in my undies
>too scared of being alone again to leave her

what do robots??
>>
>>35360713
It doesn't need to be intellectually stimulating but when your whole life revolves around watching anime, the smarter you are, the sooner you are going to realize it is all the same. Laying in bed and taking a shower aren't necessarily comfort activities, presumably your brain is functioning at that point, and that is when a lot of thinking can take place. Thinking is beneficial, not a waste of time.

OP's life revolves around anime.
Thread posts: 93
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.