[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bongs what's it like to grow up and live in England? My

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

File: image.jpg (769KB, 1920x1319px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
769KB, 1920x1319px
Bongs what's it like to grow up and live in England? My ancestors were some of the first settlers of North Carolina so my roots here go back centuries but I sometimes think it would've been comfy to grow up and live in the fatherland.
>>
>>35351705
Countryside is often like pic related.

Cities are pretty shitty apart from a tiny few, which are either incredibly expensive and exclusive or full of transgender liberal arts students.
>>
>>35351714
How could one make a living and live in one of these small towns? Are Americans welcome?
>>
>>35351705
I grew up in a village like this. Well, to be more accurate that part of the village was about half a mile away - I was on a council estate which was nothnig like that. Still, the gentrified part of the old village was much like this. Council estates are kind of like the projects in America I suppose. Not too many ethnics though; just white trash. Probably more Pakis now than there was when I was growing up there, I should imagine. White trash, Polish, Somalis, Pakis, Bangladeshis. Just bottom-tier people in general.

Anyway, those places are full of tracksuited underage drinkers, everyone stinks of weed, there's at least one local pedo that everyone knows about, a lot of broken glass and generalised violence. That kind of thing. Al lthe buildings are pebble-dashed and cheap with plasterboard inner doors. There's a bin smell as well.
>>
File: image.jpg (78KB, 625x415px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
78KB, 625x415px
>>35351820
Thanks for crushing my dreams of a comfy English countryside to raise children in.
>>
>>35351773
Americans are welcome I suppose, yeah. This isn't the War when people hated you guys because you earned double what our soldiers did and as a result got to bang all the local women.

Actually getting a job would be harder. Somewhere like York, Lincoln, Bath or Bristol would be your best bet for a combination of relative comfiness plus job opportunities. Most actual comfy small towns have no jobs.
>>
>muh heritage
Why Americans like this? Other Anglo colonies aren't.
>>
>>35351928
Just don't live in a shitty poverty-tier area and you'll be fine. Like I said, just up the road there was a picturesque village like your pic with beautiful moors, old hillside mills, long country walks with amazing views, canals and so on. The only thing is, expect a lot of hills. If you can't handle hills fuck off.
>>
>>35351928
He mentioned it was a council estate. That's like saying don't move to America because of a housing project.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxE0ATGNF5A

It's terrible. I'm going to emigrate before it's too late.
>>
File: local.jpg (1MB, 2000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
local.jpg
1MB, 2000x1333px
>>35351928
You don't even have to live that far outside the major cities. Unlike the U.S, because of green belt policies you can still live near the city and have a relatively cosy country-ish life.
>>
File: 712893428347.jpg (50KB, 492x493px) Image search: [Google]
712893428347.jpg
50KB, 492x493px
m-muh herituge!
>>
>>35352083
>devilish

Kek'd
>>
>>35351983
because america is a fairly new country and if you are interested in family history at all its gonna go off country
>>
>>35351928
Generally every area has a good and bad part. The poor were forced into 'mixing' with the wealthy but it's just not worked out. If you're rich enough you can live away from the scum much like you can anywhere in the world.
>>
File: IMG_0907.jpg (48KB, 456x322px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0907.jpg
48KB, 456x322px
>>35351705
Australian here, I would also like to visit the homeland of family members long gone perhaps visit graves of family members I never met and have long past
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.