[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Tfw dog is dying This fucking sucks. We have another dog

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: seel.jpg (79KB, 500x335px) Image search: [Google]
seel.jpg
79KB, 500x335px
>Tfw dog is dying
This fucking sucks. We have another dog - her daughter - who's hardly gone a day in her life without her, and she'll probably never figure out what happened. I wish we had more time.

Anyone else have dead/dying animals?
>>
File: 1486929518858.jpg (968KB, 1280x1707px) Image search: [Google]
1486929518858.jpg
968KB, 1280x1707px
>>35347203
I can't imagine life without my doggo. I'm sorry anon, I hope you two have some good times together while you can
>>
Just take him out before he suffers anymore pain
>>
>>35347717
But that would cause the other dog a lot of pain too. The vets say her health is rapidly declining but she's not in so much pain she needs to be put down. I'll be surprised if we go another month without having to do it though.

>>35347632
Thanks, anon.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1488253070955.jpg (109KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1488253070955.jpg
109KB, 960x720px
>>35347203
My little doggo got attacked by a predatory bird last week. When I found him he was covered in blood and his small intestines were hanging out. We ended up saving him though. He just got home today. He's gonna make it. I can't fucking believe it, but that little guy is going to live.
>>
>>35347203
>Tfw dog has been dead for 20 years
>Tfw have a smug cat who just cackles and gives smug looks.
>>
>>35347203
> small dog
> 12 this year
> recently stopped eating her food
> breathes loudly in sleep
> can't walk fast anymore, sometimes trips climbing stairs
I don't know how to deal with this, it's like when my granddad was dying.
>>
>>35348800
OP here. If you can, I'd suggest taking her temperature to make sure she doesn't have some kind of infection. If she hasn't been eating at all for a while then something is definitely bothering her. You might have a chance of saving her life if you get her on antibiotics fast enough.

If her temperature is normal, then I guess it's just old age. My dog is 12 too and definitely had some bad days mixed in with her good ones.
>>
>>35347203
you'll get over it OP. it's a feel, though.
>>
>>35347203
Animals understand death.

My grandma died at home, and her dog howled for days.
>>
File: notmydog.jpg (87KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
notmydog.jpg
87KB, 1680x1050px
Fuck, I have a nice, healthy pupper right now but this reminded me of one of the worst times of my life as a kid.

>Be me, about to enter middle school
>leaving all of my friends behind as I was pretty much forced to switch school systems
>Always been a socially akward kid and found making friends difficult
>Extremely anxious kid (still am extremely anxious/paranoid)
>My only relief at the time was my dog, who was 14, and my cat.
>dog gets tumor in ear, we come home to a house that smells like rotten flesh, with my dogs ear in a puddle of blood
>Vet says she has 2 weeks before we need to put her down, as it's cancerous and we can't save her
>Can't even spend the last few weeks with my childhood pet because she bleeds everywhere (we had to wrap towels around hear head) and the smell is the worst thing on the planet
>First day of summer
>Todayistheday.png
>Spend the last day with my dog playing fetch and taking her to an off leash area
>Limps everywhere, can barely pick up the ball
>Mom won't let me into the vet
>When I get home I cry beside my cat, and regret not spending more time with my dog
>Cat stops eating and drinking 2 days later
>We come to the conclusion that the lack of our dog has stressed him out so much that he won't eat or drink (they were like best friends man)
>Go to the vet
>It's to late
>He is having a kidney failure, and the only way to save him is to get some special procedure done, which we couldn't afford at the time, and he was to old anyways
>Next week comes
>Todaysthedayagain.png
>I now no longer have pets, friends, or happiness

and that's the story of what, along with middle school, kickstared my depression
>>
>>35349249
Damn, that's pretty bad. How old were you?
>>
>>35349370
I was twelve I think, and right in the beginning of full force puberty middle school doesn't start until 7th grade where I live so that sounds about right.
>>
>>35347203
THIS IS IMPORTANT

Try and find a vet that comes out to your house to put your dog down. My dog had an elder sister who had to be put down. She was surrounded by all of us in the comfort of her doggy bed when she passed. The younger sister was given a chance to sniff her to know what happened.

The younger sister has never really been as happy as she was before her passing. It probably would have been worse if the elder sister just vanished one day. She probably would have been waiting at the door everyday thinking her sister would come back home.
>>
>>35349473
Thanks for the advice. I know they need to be together when it happens, but unfortunately I don't think anyone would be willing to come to our house to do it. I'll have to take her to the vet and do it there; apparently it's not that uncommon for people to bring other pets with them.

Getting her in the car and taking her away without her mother is gonna crush me. I'm tearing up just thinking about it.
>>
Are the good times worth the pain when they're gone ? Genuinely asking, I'm planning to get a doggo.
>>
I've lost three dogs in my 20 years
First one was already living when I've born and died fighting other dogs, fucker was always getting into troubles

Second one was a german sheppard mutt that my dad found outside the house, she was abbandoned or something like that. After 12 years of love and friendship we have to put her down due to brain damage.
During the sheppard mutt lifetime we adopted a puppy so she could have some company. A few months after she died, the puppy got an infection on the kidney and died.

I've never saw my parents that destroyed when we lost boths dogs in a really short time.
Took it a long time till my parents adopted another german mutt pupper, and now they rescued another dog from the shelter from being killed, poor doggo was abbandoned two times in his 5 years of life
>>
>>35349553
The service that I used isn't affiliated with a vet clinic but is a service that employs vets.

http://www.lapoflove.com/

It appears they're nationwide. Unless you live in some town in the middle of Wyoming, they will probably serve your area.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.