[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright guys so I need some advice, basically I'm 24 years

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 1383892353848.gif (492KB, 460x345px) Image search: [Google]
1383892353848.gif
492KB, 460x345px
Alright guys so I need some advice, basically I'm 24 years old and still live with my parents. Yes I know it's sad, but I can't afford to support myself. Anyway my mother is a very bitter, spiteful, miserable woman. She's always been that way, I've had more arguments with her then I care to remember. Lately it's been getting worse, she thinks I'm a failure of a son and thinks I hate her. There are times were we're arguing she cries and says she wishes she was dead, and that nobody cares about her. I can't really do anything for her, she hates that I got a college degree in a useless field and can't find a decent job that pays full-time.

Right now I'm currently working part-time at a shitty retail store making minimum wage, also she hates that I have no passion in life. Personally I'm a straight edge guy, I don't do drugs, drink, or smoke. But I also have no friends or a social circle, I mean my question is what I can do? I can't stand this much longer, everyday it's a fight/argument. If I say even ONE WORD to her she gets upset, she has an angry issue in my opinion and just blows up at anything. Moving out isn't an option, I wish it was but I can't due to financial reasons. Would it better just to not say anything to her? I feel like that might make the situation worse but I can't talk to her, it's like being stuck between a rock and a hard place. If I try to talk to her she screams, cries, and calls me every name in the book like a child. How do you deal with someone like this? Moving out would be ideal, but since that isn't an option I don't know what the next best thing to do is. My dad says it's not right to just ignore each other if we live in the same house, I feel like he's right, I mean should I just have bare minimum conversation with her? I feel like giving her the silent treatment might just make things worse. There really is something wrong with her, she sounds mentally ill to me but won't listen to anyone and she's driving me crazy.
>>
>>35345675
Join the army. With a 4 year degree you can get a commission. It's not easy and you sound like a loser but it's doable.
>>
>>35345713
I have no interest in going into the military, also I'm not even in the physical condition to apply for the military even if I wanted to. Also I don't consider myself a "loser" per say, but I will admit that I don't really have anything going for me in terms of a girlfriend, high powered job, friends, social life, etc. I like to be a bit more optimistic, instead of just saying "Oh I'm a loser and that's all I'll be in life"

My mother certainly isn't helping, it's like a walking storm cloud of negativity and pessimism with her.
>>
>>35345769
Unless you can get a masters and become a CC professor or something, I agree with the first anon, military is your only other choice.
>>
>>35346100
Well that sucks, I mean I figured one has to have a passion before joining the military. Seems really stupid to just randomly join the military, like I've never wanted nor considered joining the military. Also I don't have the money to get an M.A, also I have no idea what I'd get an M.A in. I didn't even know what to major in for my undergraduate and now look where I am. Stuck with a shitty liberal arts degree with no practicality.
>>
>>35345769
Lmao. You act like you have any choices. To be honest, I'm almost certain you wouldn't make it into any branch's OCS. You could enlist, I'm sure. Probably have to lose some weight. Doubt you're even capable of that either. You'd rather just say "I have no prospects and everyone around me knows it, what do?" Then you're choosy and delusional about it.

Denial and delusion are more annoying to me, and I'm sure your mom, than the usual mopey defeatism you see on here.
>>
>>35346160
The military has thousands of different jobs. I'm sure you could find one you don't mind doing. If you don't like it you can leave after a one term of four years. With that you can get your MA for free with GI bill
>>
>>35346209
Well actually I've been trying to lose weight and look for some decent jobs, and I have lost weight but finding a job is harder, at least in my experience.

You don't know my mother she is a vile woman, completely toxic and mentally ill but I can't do it justice explaining her to strangers like you'd have to probably know someone like her.
>>
>>35346251
My mom left me when I was 3 months old. She told my dad she wanted to put me in the microwave so she had to leave. She's a manipulative, narcissistic cunt that tries to force her way into my life. Please don't lecture me about mentally ill parents. My mom wanted me to move in with her, I knew it'd be toxic and laughed in her face. If you're in a toxic situation get out.

If she sucks, do something and leave. Literally go work in a factory. I 100% guarantee you could get a job at one tomorrow working 40-80 hours/week and depending on if it's union or not, making >$15/hr. You'll rebut with "I don't want to actually work" or some bullshit. But you could and you could make $1000/week and get out. But you're not going to. So sit on here and whine because mommy isn't handing out enough GBPs lately.
>>
>>35346454
>Get a factory job

Most factory jobs require experience, at least the ones I've seen in my town. You shouldn't assume every city has this meme factory jobs you people are always talking about, not saying they don't exist but not every town has them in abundance. Also I know you say just "get out" and you may say "Well if things were as bad as you say you'd get out regardless" but that's not how it works, I need MONEY to leave. I'm making $600 a month working 22 hours a week, I can't support myself with that. I can't pay for rent, food, bills, etc. on $600 a month. Like I said getting a second job and saving money might be the only really plausible solution if I want to move out.
>>
>>35346572
What city and state are you in?
I will find you a factory job within driving distance. You're full of shit and making excuses. Stop acting like you aren't.
>>
>>35346611
I don't like telling people what city I live in, but I live in Texas. My town is just a small rural city, we have factory jobs but a lot of them seem to require experience of some kind. Maybe I'm not looking at the right factory jobs, also I've never worked in a factory. Not saying I couldn't, but I wasn't sure you had young guys working in factories. Seems like it's a lot of 40, 50 and 60 year old men for the most part. I've never heard of people in their 20's working at a factory.
>>
I honestly can't tell if this is really elaborate bait
>>
>>35346653
Find the closest one, go to their website and apply for a production technician job. It took me 1 minute to find a job at one when I was in a lull between degrees. My town is more rural than yours, my area is more rural than yours.

It was actually pretty fun desu. Met some trashy qts.

The work was hard AF but the pay is better than any retail and if you need money, do it while you put out real job apps. The people running the machines are literally mindless drones. They don't care if youre 20 or 40 or whatever. You're going to be mindlessly doing 1 thing for 8 hours a day for 60 hours a week. Just don't act like you can't find anything. If you want it bad enough, you can. I'm right about this.
>>
>>35346800
Why would this be bait? This is my life I'm talking about, and I'm dead serious. I live with a maniacal, sociopathic, mentally ill lunatic who drives me crazy everyday and is toxic beyond belief.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.