[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw talking and singing to myself a lot more than normal

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0056.jpg (18KB, 231x218px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0056.jpg
18KB, 231x218px
>tfw talking and singing to myself a lot more than normal
>even starting to talk to myself while outside
Is this the warning sign before I go off the deep end?
>>
Last week I walked out of a restaurant muttering 'i hate Normies, reee'
>>
What matters is what you're saying. Sometimes I will go over certain social situations I will be having in my head and try and think about possible outcomes in conversation, and just talk out loud how I may respond. And then edit them, if they come out stupid. I never used to do that but I have found that ever since I started my social interactions have been far more rewarding and interesting. I'm talking mainly about ordering take-out.
>>
>>35345045
not Op but i talk back and forth to myself in 3rd person

thoughts?
>>
>>35345198
OP here, and yes this is primarily what I do. Do you sort of "act out" particular situations with yourself as separate roles? Other times I like to sing to myself, particularly "Stars" from Les Miserables. I don't have a good voice, but I've come to like the sound of it
>>
>>35345247
I we ever used to but I do this now. I try and work out conversation outcomes ahead of time, so that I can mold the conversation in my favor in the moment. It gets easier to do this the more you talk to someone, and easier with strangers the more you do this. I think that not only is it normal, but it's healthy, as it's almost a mind exercise. But one that can seriously benefit you in your life and career. I fully endorse it.
>>
>>35345247
yeah i guess i full on pretend its there is a person im talking to and when i notice how weird its getting i call myself a faggot and pretend i was talking to my dog i also sing alot to i have tried to chat with myself in my head but im alone alot so i end up just talking out loud but i really should go back to head dialog because when im walking around in public with head phones on i forget and talk louder then i think and giggle alot

tfw 26 and have been doing this since i was like 10
>>
File: 100000323561.jpg (87KB, 610x340px) Image search: [Google]
100000323561.jpg
87KB, 610x340px
>>35345247
i do this, and much more in terms of talking/singing to myself. wouldn't catch me singing along to some musical tunes, generally i'm so much of a faget that i sing/hum confederate marches and songs lmao

but yeah, certainly do the "simulated conversation" both out loud or in my head, usually vocalizing only my own part of the conversation. talk to myself frequently as a comprehension tool, too.

generally have presence of mind enough to not do this while in public, although occasionally at work i'll have someone hear that i'm talking to myself. doesn't really bother me- just make a silly joke about appearing bonkers or something.

>>35345382
i would agree with you in large part; but these things often stymie robots or others with social issues/anxiety/etc. these types of folks don't really need more...social planning, you could call it. useful for me; but even i sometimes wonder if i would be better served by being more "in the moment" in social engagements.
>>
i think it's abnormal, but not necessarily freakish. i'm certain lots of people do it when they're certain that nobody's watching. i definitely talk a little to myself when i'm contemplating the future, or after i text something and i just make sure it reads out loud the way i intended to type it
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.