[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw trying to quit smoking weed after 12 years of continuous

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

>tfw trying to quit smoking weed after 12 years of continuous use

I was sick of the way it made me a social retard, and the way it makes me content with being bored.

But holy shit this is fucking awful. It's hard to sleep, I'm restless, my stomach feels like shit, my depression is amplifying, and I don't feel any positive effects of it as of yet.

Anyone else have trouble quitting weed?
>>
Me honestly, like you said its not even enjoyable anymore. I smoke atleast 2-3x a day after smoking for 5yrs. and also like you said I starting to hate it because its making me into a social retard. I'm happy cause my rec expires in may and I have no urge to renew it and that's good cause my rec is my main source of getting weed, once it goes it'll slowly ebb its way out my system and if all else fails I have a detox drink to nuke my body back to normal.
>>
thinking about quitting or at least taking an extended break as well, sitting around doing nothing has gotten old and i'm tired of chasing the high when it's not the same as the old days. if i was smoking with friends it'd be different but the solo stoner couch potato act gets warn out
>>
>>35344863
Exactly, its like I'm trying to recapture some past glory of my teenage years when things were still fun and I had hope for my future.

But now I'm in my mid 20s, moved back into my parents house a couple years ago, and can see my old friends struggling with life. It really just makes me depressed now, and also very anxious for myself. I still like it, and I really wanna smoke right now, but I don't want to go through the interaction of getting it. Also the hanging out with the stoner circle routine, doing the same shit, cracking the same jokes, not hanging out with anyone else or doing anything social just got to me. I really only did it for the physical effects, like how it made me enjoy food and be able to fall asleep easier.

I think I just need some time off to get my shit together. Maybe sometime in the future when I feel better about things overall then I'll go back to it, but who the fuck knows? Maybe nothing will change so I'll just end up smoking in not too long. Either way it fucking sucks.
>>
>>35344720
>get high
>get bored of being high like 2 minutes after I get high
>just want to be sober again

As of lately this has been my experience with weed, so whenever I get tempted to smoke, I just remind myself of how it will end.
>>
>>35345092
I always end up having my heart racing, getting semi panic attacks where I'm just worked up about something, unable to focus or enjoy anything for about 20-30 minutes. Usually after that my high is decent, but I never have a satisfying high like I used to.

That's why I turned to drinking and hard drugs, but that just ended up making things worse. Especially when I'm coming down from both, or the day after and smoke some weed, that's when my paranoia is the worst.
>>
>>35344960
i've been working on not smoking when i'm bored. i started smoking back in the day to enhance whatever activity i was doing, but nowadays it's become something to fill the void of boredom. adding hobbies and working out more has helped a lot
>>
>>35344720
It takes a few days to get used to eating and sleeping again. You should already start to notice how much more energy and less anxious you are. Drink tea and eat healthy food to help feel better. After a week or two you won't even want to smoke
>>
>>35345168
Well now I really have no moments where I'm not bored so there's really no choice for me.

My life literally consists of waking up, showering, getting dressed, going to work at soul sucking wage slave job for 8 hours, coming home, smoking a bowl, sitting there anxious watching TV or playing vidya, eating dinner, smoking more, playing more vidya/watching TV shows, then falling asleep, to repeat the exact same cycle every single day.

That's why I'm trying to break up the routine, thinking of joining a gym, getting a haircut, just doing things on my own and not really giving a fuck about being social, even if it means abandoning my old stoner friends who have done nothing different with their lives in the last 8 years either.
>>
>>35345092
know exactly how this feels. i think to myself "well i have nothing better to do, might as well get high", then im sitting on my ass waiting until im sober enough to do something semi-productive
>>
>>35345328
it's the only way to do it anon. it sucks losing old friends like that but if you add more productive activities to your life you'll make new friends with similar goals/interests. plus it's much more fulfilling at the end of the day when you get shit done instead of sitting around staring into space high
>>
>>35345137

This is me anon.

I worry that I fucked my heart up from all the years of this reaction.
>>
>>35345328

What you've described is exactly my life. I just started smoking a bowl before I stumbled upon this thread.

I've taken breaks before and it's all a matter of substituting the weed smoking with other, more productive things. That's hard af since I'm a lazy piece of shit at but it'll become easier the more you do it.
>>
>>35345447
It's like I feel bad ignoring those friends who keep trying to contact me. Like they are old friends who I want to stay in touch with, but I'm sick of being stuck in neutral doing the same shit all the time. It's not getting me anywhere, I'm just more depressed, and I don't even enjoy being around some of them anymore, unless I'm drinking. So I put up this charade of being cool with them just to keep the situation not as awkward, but really I just want to get out of the situation.

So I think its time for a clean break.
>>
>>35345502
I've probably fucked up my heart from years of heavy drinking, cigarette smoking, and heavy stimulant use. Sometimes I think I can feel my heart palpitating, but I'm way too much of a pussy to get it checked out.
>>
>>35345737

Pretty sure I have cancer, think I'm slowly dying.

tfw I'll never go to a doctor.
>>
>>35345640
before a clean break from all of them i'd at least talk to them about how you feel about smoking if you haven't already. you never know if some of them are feeling the same way but are apprehensive to take the first step. having a sobriety buddy can make it easier at least in my experience. but if you feel like you've already grown apart from them regardless of the weed then fuck it break free
>>
>>35345801
I have one friend who at least feels the same as me, and he's done with weed, which kind of got me thinking. I'm cool with some of my other friends who smoke, but there a couple who just let their whole lives revolve around it, and don't even try to do anything social. Just sit around their apartment with their gf, watching TV, not wanting to go out or do anything because they're just too lazy and the weed just satisfies them somehow in a way it doesn't satisfy me. Maybe I'd be the same if I had a gf but I really don't think so.
>>
>>35345917
yea it's so easy to fall into being content doing nothing when you're high, if i were in your friends situations i can't say for sure that i wouldn't do the same. but then the days start running together and you realize you really haven't "done" anything besides work, smoke, zone out, sleep, repeat over and over
>>
>>35346087
That's the worst part, that everyday is exactly the same.

And for some reason you expect life to just magically change for the better when you are just sitting around doing the same shit.
>>
I'm definitely trying to cut down, mostly because I've gained a lot of weight from getting really high and then eating so much. The only thing that makes me happy anymore is getting stoned and eating junk food, but unfortunately it's not a healthy or cheap lifestyle.
>>
>>35346257
damn that sounds close to my situation right now. thought i was doing better balancing out smoking with productive shit but maybe an actual break is what i need instead of cutting back
>>
>>35345737
>>35345775
Just go holy shit. I don't understand this
>>
File: 4L_D85c2TPI.jpg (55KB, 640x625px) Image search: [Google]
4L_D85c2TPI.jpg
55KB, 640x625px
How do i make myself want to quit smokung weed and cigarettes?
I enjoy both but both they have lost their magic now that i smoke both daily however it still beats being sober
I smoke 1-2 grams a and i smoke half a pack of cigarettes a day
>>
File: 4L_esmZGuup.png (16KB, 573x250px) Image search: [Google]
4L_esmZGuup.png
16KB, 573x250px
>>35348281
Smoking a big joint rn
Didnt read it before i posted it so it sounds stupid
>>
>>35344720
Ayylmao I quit last month. I realized all I've done for years is work, smoke weed, and dick around on the internet. When I grokked what a waste of life it has been I gave my weed and vaporizer away and started a journal where I'm planning out my short and long term goals and concrete daily steps to reach them.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.