[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw spent $70 on magic cards, trying to rebuild my vampire

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: rare nocturnus.jpg (146KB, 736x1027px) Image search: [Google]
rare nocturnus.jpg
146KB, 736x1027px
>tfw spent $70 on magic cards, trying to rebuild my vampire deck i gave away

good feel
>>
>>35343252

How do you know which cards to buy? I used to play a long time ago, but that was back when you just went to a store and didn't have many choices to think about. I kind of want to have a deck again but now everything's so ridiculously complicated and there are a billion cards so I don't have any direction to go with.
>>
>>35343282

research. use the internet to find all the creature types, all the cards... it's like a lego sandbox.

want to make an elf deck? go searching, etc.

want to make a counterspell deck with infinite millage? make one. etc.

i like vampire decks because im a secret emo kid.
>>
>>35343311

Hasn't everything been done already though? Like if I did a counterspell deck it would either just be the same as the counterspell decks a million other people have already perfected over the last twenty-four years or else it would be different and bad.
>>
>playing a pay2win game
>not just making proxies
Do you play in tournaments or something?
>>
>>35343311
>>35343377

Also is there any point to getting real cards nowadays or does it make more sense just to have virtual cards on some magic website?
>>
>>35343377

well its up to you to make the nuances.

counter spell plus whatever you want in it. you can make multi color decks there's a lot of new dual lands for those.

there's great databases on the internet to search for every card ever made.

emrakul is a big bad, for example.
>>
>>35343391

i want the real cards, i'm gonna put them in good sleeves and keep the deck in one of those deck boxes.

no, but i could try going to the local card shop on friday night and bring my deck with me just in case. they usually do drafts though but i would just bring it along.

>>35343402

i like the real cards. there's an app on the iphone and there's a program on the computer but the real magic experience is having the physical cards and playing with people.
>>
i like vampires because they are slightly more powerful than rebels or ally cards and have similar synergy.
>>
>>35343377
>>35343282

First you have to decide if you want to play at some store against other nerds, or online against some other nerds.

Then you decide a "Format". The most common are Legacy, Modern, Standard and Commander.

Legacy and Modern are very competitive formats, in which decks usually cost between 1 and 4 thousand dollars. There's very little space for "innovation", but the decks and strategies are very streamlined and efficient. They're the Formula 1 and the IndyCar racing of Magic, respectively.

Standard only allows you to use the cards released during the last year and a half (it's a little more complicated than that, but you get the idea). This is a format that is cheaper, and there's usually more room for innovation, since every 3-4 months you get new cards to play with that shift the metagame. A deck usually costs between $100 and $1000. It's the Nascar of Magic.

Then you have Commander, which is a 100 singleton card format. Your deck must have exactly 100 cards, and no repeats (except for basic lands), you also must choose a Legendary creature to be your "Commander", and define the colors of cards you're allowed to have in your deck. There's a bunch of specific deck buildings rules and a few game rules you must follow, but he general gameplay is just Magic. A deck can cost from $30 to $10000. It's the Whacky Race of Magic formats.
>>
I remember playing MTG in high school. I always ran a blue/black mill deck with a consuming aberration. Good times.
>>
>>35343927

Of course a /rk9/ user would play an obnoxious, awful deck.
>>
>>35343252

this is a real Magic card? Thought they were against sexy art. Way too much boobage .
>>
File: 1345019107351.gif (783KB, 245x160px) Image search: [Google]
1345019107351.gif
783KB, 245x160px
>>35343252
>tfw spent around $350 on magic cards to complete a deck which I'm brewing that probably isn't even good

Its a crippling addiction which burns through more money than my drinking problem does.
>>
>>35343252
>tfw some asshole stole your mtg deck in middle school when you were the best in the school
>tfw literally everyone there must have been ok with it but you because no one told you who it was
I HATE YOU whoever you are, you fucking son of a bitch.
Thank god my best Wyrm cards were in my hand when I was playing that little shit.
>>
File: 1485364975743.jpg (41KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
1485364975743.jpg
41KB, 657x527px
>tfw yugioh deck i want is one of the cheaper ones but still have to spend 90 dollars for a play set of boss monsters or open a thousand boosters
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.