[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you robots keep a to-do list of some sort? I want to do/learn

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: todo-list-850x476[1].jpg (61KB, 850x476px) Image search: [Google]
todo-list-850x476[1].jpg
61KB, 850x476px
Do you robots keep a to-do list of some sort?

I want to do/learn a lot of things but I never get myself to do them because I'm too lazy to reach out of my comfort zone and I feel like scheduling these things would somewhat help me
>>
I used to and maybe I should do too.
My problem was that I stacked too much on my plate and then I was always in a hurry to get things done. Before lunch I'd have to excercise, practice german, learn some chinese characters, play a match of go, and so on.
So if there's any advice that I have, is keep it small, at least while you get used to doing things. And that takes a while. Do more than you are able to and it leads to burnout.
On the other hand, scheduling those things you want to do is really good:
>it gives you consistency
Once I had a C project, I worked on it every night, I'd just add one feature, and I'd stop, even if I had energy to do more, instead, I saved up my energy. And when I didn't feel like doing much, I'd just fixed a bug. I progressed much more that I would've if I just went cavalier with the project. In only a week, I had a pretty decent program.
>It gives perspective
The mind is like a monkey, constantly jumping from one branch to another. Often you want to do all sorts of things, but when you have something written, with an empty check box, it really is a sort of concrete reminder to do this one thing that is particularly important. You are also reminded of it all the time
>It cuts off distractions for an alloted time
When you schedule an activity at some point in your day, then you can prepare to do that thing, do it for a fixed period, and then go back to your daily shitposting. It cuts off distractions because this is a dedicated chunk of time, and it spans a concrete period of time.

So yeah, do it, again, don't stack too much on your plate. Even if you feel like doing a lot, prioritize, and do your top 3 (or top n where n >= 1) tasks regardless of everything else.

Some advice, you sure learn a lot from disciplining yourself.
>>
>>35341851
Thanks, this is what I was looking for.
Programming is actually one of the things I want to get myself into. I used to program basic stuff with VB.net years ago, but I'd like to learn a better language. Although that's just one of the things I want to do and setting an amount of time for each thing as you said seems the best option.
I'm considering drawing a mind map of some sort. Where did you keep that to-do list? Is it a piece of paper or some random file on your computer?
>>
I used to at this time of year a year ago. I used the habitca app.

It was amazing; I was keeping the house clean, I was actually showering everyday, and I was even teaching myself a little bit of Python every day. I fell off the wagon because a friend unexpectedly crashed with us for two weeks and my entire schedule became revolved around him.

Fuck, maybe I should try to again, but every time I have I fucking forgot about it by the next day.
>>
>>35342139
I'd very much say it's better to have it in paper form. And writing it out daily by hand is, so to speak, part of the ritual of doing things.
You can keep a to-do list in your computer as well, if you spend a lot of time in it, or if several of your to-do's are to be done at the computer.
A mental map also helps you prioritize.
Other things I like to do, which are related, is to keep a notebook where you keep progress, jot down new ideas, restructure your goals/strategies, dump whatever comes to your mind, etc.
Pencil and paper surely is a great pair of tools.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.