[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you guys all live? where I live the minimum wage is $8.10US

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: 00R0R_8UAN8ROQ0R0_600x450.jpg (20KB, 600x337px) Image search: [Google]
00R0R_8UAN8ROQ0R0_600x450.jpg
20KB, 600x337px
How do you guys all live? where I live the minimum wage is $8.10US (Florida). Most apartments are at least 1,000 a month, you can maybe get a studio for 950 a month, in the ghetto. Most jobs don't pay over 12 dollars an hour, and that's for someone that has worked in a trade for like 5 years. How do people survive on making less than 2000 dollars a month? I still live with my parents and I make 9 dollars an hour right now and they pay my car insurance and my health insurance and I pay the car payments. I need to move the fuck out, because I'm 27, but they said if I do I'll (obviously) have to pay all my own bills. I'm far too ugly to get a girlfriend, and I don't want to live with a room mate. How does /r9k/ afford to live alone, are any of you single and have a shitty job? The apartment in my pic is 850, and I couldn't live there unless my parents like died or something (i'd rather live in a nice house, than some flea-infested scum hole).
>>
>>35340117
>The only jobs are minimum wage

You sure anon?
>>
>>35340117
You're in Miami right? Couldn't you just get like roommates and go to Kendall
>>
>>35340268
where did I say that?
"Most jobs don't pay over 12 dollars an hour..."
>>
>>35340365
No, I am not in Miami. I'm like 400 miles from Miami. What the fuck is Kendall? No I can't get room mates, I have no friends anymore.
>>
>>35340434
Ok well nowhere in Florida are apartments a thousand each except Miami
>>
>>35340117
I work full-time with 10.50 an hour (working night shift pays more usually). My work offers health, vision, and dental, I don't have a car since I live in the apartments next door to my job. I split a 3bdr apartment with 3 other people so I usually have a lot of money to spare and save. Get some friends anon. Ask them if they want to get a place and just be courteous of each other
>>
>>35340569
Forgot. Polk County shit here. Apartment is 1,095 a month.
>>
I live in a mill town in MA and I make 16 an hour and my rent is 520 a month. I don't own a car and walk everywhere I need to go. It's pretty easy to save 900 a month, and after i pay off my student loan next month, i'll make my goal 1000 a month.

you're not supposed to be working shitty wagecuck jobs your whole life. You should've found the kind of work that moves you into a better line of work while you were young and had energy to work twice as hard. That's what I'm doing now, and later this year I suspect a doubling in my pay.
>>
>>35340513
ok, well they are. So????
>>
The problem is that you live in Florida. Seriously, GTFO out of that shithole.

I know easier said than done.
>>
>>35340569
I cringe at the idea of having to live with any of the redneck hicks in my town.
>>
>>35340618
also a lot of the apartments here are 55+

How do you find apartments, besides craigslist? I can't afford to go to a real estate agent.
>>
>>35340638
it's a good thing to not totally like the first place you live out of your parents house. it keeps you motivated to find better work and escape that life, and more importantly, it keeps you out of the house.
>>
>>35340676
I will never make more than somewhere around 10 dollars an hour because i only have an associates degree and i got kicked out of college and lost FAFSA. Unless I can get a loan and go to trade school I guess, maybe become a plumber unless they'll hire me without going to school for it. I can't do contruction or roofing because I have skincancer all over my body and there's nothing you can do for it.
>>
>>35340758
dude i dropped out of college with no degree and i'm making 16 an hour plus company equity. maybe you should learn a deskjob skill like photo/video editing, web design, or programming. There's nothing in college courses that you can't find and learn on your own.

On weekends I'm reading machine learning papers and attempting to replicate the results. Not spending any money on that, except for a couple thousand that i'm saving up for a GPU array for my work.
>>
>>35340883
yeah for anything besides programming they want you to have at least a bachelor's degree for any desk jobs i've ever seen posted on different sites. It's probably easier if you live in a city, but I still imagine most want you to have a bachelors. I can barely write HTML, and I never did anything with javascript or any language. It would take me 20 years to learn to program
>>
>>35340117
I work front of house at a restaurant. Pay varies but I've never made less than 13/hr. Usually more like 15-16. I live with roommates who I've known for a bit so I pay roughly ~500 a month for everything. Other people I know that live in studio apartments pay like 800 which would be affordable but not desirable for me
>>
>>35340987
>job postings say x and y
job postings shouldn't stop you. Develop your skills, create a portfolio of your past work. Most important: WORK ON IT EVERY FUCKING DAY. and every other month, send your portfolio with a cover letter to 15 companies.

The piece of paper says you're worth taking a chance on hiring, so does a portfolio. Some places might even see it as a good thing, because you got your education and training on your own, which tells them that they won't have to hold your hand if you need to learn a new skill for work.
>>
>>35341078
what the fuck is a portfolio?

just joking. programming doesn't seem like something I could ever learn. I'm just going to apply to like every plumbing and electric company
>>
>>35340117
Some states are better than others. Places like Florida/California you should move out of because they're expensive as shit even with a roommate which I'm sure most people here would loathe to have. I live in PA and some states' rental prices alone just make me scratch my head wondering why anyone would ever consider living there full time if they don't have bank. But if you work trades then you're in luck as most of them are in demand almost everywhere.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.