[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you have PTSD? Let's talk about it. I saw a man jump

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: 1377795756674.jpg (107KB, 848x900px) Image search: [Google]
1377795756674.jpg
107KB, 848x900px
Do you have PTSD? Let's talk about it.

I saw a man jump in front of a train. His body ended up very close to me. It was gory. I had blood all over me. He started convulsing, and even though I'd first-aid trained I knew he couldn't be saved because of his very bad head injury.
>>
Someone called me fat on Twitter.
>>
>>35334464
i saw a little kid get turned into a meatball after being hit by a truck, didn't have any effect on me at all. what does it feel like?
>>
>>35334512
What does it feel like to be so edgy on an anonymous Chinese basket weaving board?
>>
>>35334531
im not being edgy, i was asking a question wanting a genuine answer in a thread with a related theme. go away
>>
>>35334512
I don't think I actually have PTSD.

But for weeks whenever I heard a loud sound I couldn't help but visualize it. Or blood on TV would make me throw up/feel like I wanted to cry.

I haven't had therapy yet, but past few weeks I've been a whole lot better, so maybe just needed time to heal. Wanted to hear what PTSD people have suffered to see if it matches my experience.
>>
>>35334556
You were being edgy, you were saying how you don't feel anything watching a kid get turned into a meatball. That is the definition of edgy, mate.
>>
>>35334587
does it annoy you so much that you have to try and insult me?
just ignore it
>>
>watch Afghans get turned to hamburget meat by ordinance right after high school
>very disturbed by these memories
>life is going ok
>GI bill is sweet
>think im gonna make it
>>
>>35334640
It doesn't annoy me. I'm just calling it how I see it and asked you a question. It's not like doing that takes effort.
>>
>was kidnapped
>every time I hear a doorbell ring or a knock on the door, I run and hide in my closet
>>
>>35334654
>>35334722
I hope you guys are doing ok - thank you for sharing stories in my thread
>>
>>35334694
I'm not that guy but seeing fucked up shit doesn't have the same effect on everyone. Plenty of people are just fine afterwards
>>
File: 1488177721160.jpg (136KB, 698x658px)
1488177721160.jpg
136KB, 698x658px
>>35334464
I found the dead body of my grandmother after she hanged herself. She had piss and shit all over herself and on the floor, her neck was roting and starting to break. The worst thing was the smell
>>
>>35334800
That is terrible, I am very sorry. It must be worse when you know the person.

I hope you are doing okay.
>>
>>35334856
Yeah I'm ok, My grandfather died of bone cancer, she couldn't keep it without him. I don't really remember the scene anymore, but the smell was so fucking terrible.
>>
>>35334886
Thank you for telling the story. It is sad she couldn't live without him but is a testament to her strong feelings
>>
>>35334800
Fuck, anon.
I'm going to live at my grandmas for uni and i'm so fucking worried i'll find her like that one day. I don't know if i could cope cause she actually is the person i love most in the family
>>
File: 1485726102308s.jpg (7KB, 250x231px) Image search: [Google]
1485726102308s.jpg
7KB, 250x231px
>>35335232
She raised me from 4 to 16, she was like a mom to me. She always was here when my parents didn't knew how to be with me. I learned cooking with her and all.
>>
>>35335373
Enjoy the time you have with her and look out for her health anon. The most important thing with most diseases is finding and treating them early
>>
>>35334464
still get scared from 911. right outside building when 1st plane hit. saw people jumping. in my building 2 blocks north when they collapsed. friend got locked in his home in the basement.

had nightmares for years about 747's loaded with missiles.

still comes and goes. smelling burned bodies for week afterwards on cortland street.

when subway gets stuck in tunnel due to traffic immediately start sweating and think imma die.

it did bring me to weed tho, so not all bad
>>
>>35334464

Must have been interesting.

I think I would not be affected much, because all the sick shit I have seen on the net.
>>
My dad hanged himself while I was asleep and I woke up to his dead body alone. Was about 10. Never had any therapy or counciling or anything but really wish I did. I thinks its fucked me up bad in the long run.
>>
I had a bad acid trip almost a year ago where at point Ego Death versions of me in every relevant universe went totally psycho, and I confused their worlds and perspectives for mine

I was shellshook for about two days, de-repressed the trip over the course of two weeks, and now sometimes a mention of people dipping into psychotic states or doing things without their knowledge, or while under drugs, or while generally non-lucid or aware makes me feel uncomfortable for a few seconds

I've done acid twice since
>>
>>35335853
>>35335794
>>35335676

Thank you for sharing your stories
>>
>>35334640

You are extremely edgy my man
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.