[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Well my fellow robots, I guess I fucked up >Be me, just a

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: 1484795646156.png (38KB, 307x209px) Image search: [Google]
1484795646156.png
38KB, 307x209px
Well my fellow robots, I guess I fucked up

>Be me, just a couple of minutes ago
>Just arrived home from school
>My dad and I have not been on good terms lately. I was diagnosed with depression a couple of months ago and I have not been kind to him. Tells me that I am selfish and my constant isolation is taking a toll on him and my mom
>He greets me and asks me how my day went
>Just nod and don't say anything
>He tells me he had enought and if I don't start taking this shit more seriously I might end up in a fucking mental hospital
>I just look at him and jokingly say "Or people may just find me as they are wearing blue gloves"
>mfw I realized he is a cop and goes thru this shit almost daily

I told him it was just a joke but he didn't really believe me. He just gave me a look of sadness and pity. What should I do now? Do I go and talk with him or do I just let it slide away? We have been or pretty shitty terms for the last couple of months so I'm not sure it will solve anything. Feel free to share your stories as well
>>
>>35333733
How old are you?

itsgidaags
>>
>>35333828
19, turning 20 today
>>
>>35333733
people who are really depressed hide it from the world you faggot

those who mope around making it clear as day something is up are clearly the attention seekers who just want 'help'
>>
>>35333733
Better talk
>>
>>35333733
Here's how you maintain any relationship:

Put a little bit of effort into having regular positive interaction. Talk to your parents during dinner, greet them, have a few minutes of talking to them per day. Very low effort, but it will stop the relationship from going to shit

Especially if you are depressed it can feel like you don't feel like interacting with them, or that you can withdraw support or attention from the relationship continuously. That doesn't work, and ir creates more trouble in the end than the small amount of effort required to avoid it

Literally: go sit at the table with them tonight when you eat, force yourself to make some conversation. React to them when you walk past them, and talk a bit at least twice a day. Won't feel like you want to do it, but just do it

t. guy whose relationship with parents was shit enough to be send to a psychologist

Not being condescending, that's just what works in my experience
>>
>>35333859
Alright.

Oldfags (25+) will always try and tell you that it will get better and that life is worth living and all that bullshit. You've really fucked yourself over and I would seriously consider suicide if he does try putting you into a mental hospital. Don't be afraid of dying young or what might happen after. Just let it slide, act like nothing happened. But if he tries to get you to go to a mental institution or anything, suicide is the best route. The rest of your life will be trash if you get admitted.

I'm 18 btw and trying to dodge mental institutions myself by pretending to be a normie, but I regret not killing myself when I was 16 desu
>>
It doesn't really seem like you're trying to better the relationship with your father.

I would say that talking to him would be the best course of action, but you have to stop acting like a cunt. Regardless of whether you have depression, it doesn't mean you have to uncooperative.

Anyway, good luck with your depression. Hope you can overcome it one day.
>>
lol

You just gave him a bit of bantz, nothing to worry about mate, she'll be right in the morning. Your dad is just a bitch and doesn't realize every man goes through a stage of self pity. Tell him to go fuck himself non verbally

Also you're a faggot for making a thread about being a little bitch about muh depression
>>
>>35333902
That is what I've been doing for the past 7 years or so, its just that it got to a point where I couldn't hold it in anymore. I'm not an attention seeking faggot like >>35333869 said, I just got tired, guess I'll go back to my "normal days". Thanks alot tho, it's always nice to know that there are people who are on the same boat as me
>>
>>35333918
This a pretty defeatist way of seeing things. It usually looks like people that say shit like this don't actually want to die, but they want help/attention. You would have killed yourself already if you didn't have atleast some hope it would get better. Trying to take small steps to improving is the least you can do if you're still alive, it sure beats sitting around wishing you killed yourself years ago in my opinion.
>>
>>35333733
Go talk to him, desu.

I grew without a father, or any strong male role models. He cares about you. Wants you to try and be a man, like him, like his father before him. At least try and let him help, you know? No gay shit tho.

Maybe find something to bond over.
>>
>>35333986
Just noticed >>35333859 that you're just a few weeks younger than me too, so actually quite a similar situation

Are you going to go to college? I'm there now and it has made me feel a lot better. Think all the sitting around in your room without a task to do just completely destroys your mind, comfy as it is.

Physical exercise like walking or sports helps too, and eating less sugary food and snacks

Won't make you into a happy normie but maybe it'll take you from feeling really shit to some mellow sadness
>>
File: 16298210_p0.jpg (1MB, 1089x1089px) Image search: [Google]
16298210_p0.jpg
1MB, 1089x1089px
I'm really sorry that happened to you Anon, but there's still hope for you to rekindle the relationship.
I've given up on trying to get close to my parents.
>>
Get rekt dude
>>
>>35333733
Czeched

I hope you realise, and all robots realise for that matter, is that the reason for the shitty relationship you have with your parents is because you still live with them.
Day in. Day out. Same face. Same arguments. Same comments.

Lad these people raised you. You may not love them (I don't love my dear old mama) but I pretend to for her sake.

Go grab a pint with your dad, and have a proper chat about how you feel. They just want the best for you.
>>
File: 1488811172744.jpg (26KB, 457x395px) Image search: [Google]
1488811172744.jpg
26KB, 457x395px
>shitty childhood broken family etc
>depressed as shit by the ripe old age of 12
>want to kill self everyday
>hide it with all my might
>be 19
>can't take it anymore
>confess to mom one night that i need help
>shrugs it off as a joke and tells me to 'man up'
>slide deeper into depression
>sleeping 16 hours a day
>0 appetite
>mom finally caves and takes me to psych
>take anti-depressants
>$200 a month
>anti-depressants not working
>double dosage
>$400 a month
>financially drained
>"i'm the one getting depressed, not you son"
>guilty as fuck
>stop taking anti depressants
>enlist in military to try and 'man up'
>too depressed to function
>injure spine
>discharged
>physiotherapy is $400 a month
>even more fucking depressed
>ready to kill self
>write suicide note
>mom finds note
>dragged to psych again
>more anti-depressants
>fucking $800 a month on my piece of shit body
>my friends think i'm an attention seeking joke because 'depression isn't real'
>alienate everyone
>convince family to stop wasting resources on me
>$800 saved for my siblings instead
>try to earn my own buck for physio because back hurts like fuck
>have piano background, try to teach
>have good academic record, try to tutor
>so far all the students have "preference for female teacher"
>can't do physically straining labour because injury
>considering selling my old guitar for a session of physio because pain
>spend days sleeping and lurking 4chan
>tfw disabled poorfag
>tfw don't know what to feel
>just fuck my shit up famalam
>>
>>35334642
just remember, you can always kill yourself
you'll never have to look back
>>
>>35333733
Is this american thing that you are sent loonie house/psychiatric/therapist/put on meds for simplest of things?
Why are your parents telling how they really feel or that they want to talk or something?
Reading these stories it just makes me feel that americans dont take much responsebility, least themselves.
>oh my god I am/he is so depressed
>hey doc here's cash, fix me/him up will ya?
>>
>>35334642
damn you really messed up with the military choice there

never, ever join the military whatever happends

the only thing i can suggest is try to be a codemonkey, if some street shitting pajeet can do it for some money, you can do it too. Go with java, that is the most utilized and easiest, there are thousands

as for the depression, just try to find the cause and do something about it, should it be giving up, accepting your misery, anything that helps to ease it
>>
>>35333733
He's just looking for excuses to drive you away. Best solution would be moving because that's what you daddy wants you to do anyway since apparently when a child turns 18 he turns overnight from son into a leeching parasite that has no reason to share the same household.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.