[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't understand video games. When did they become so

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 1482620288506.jpg (48KB, 683x662px) Image search: [Google]
1482620288506.jpg
48KB, 683x662px
I don't understand video games.

When did they become so mainstream? I never played games as a child and now that I want to get into it to see what the fuss is all about I can't.
>>
You're really not missing out on much. If you have better ways of spending your time then vidya will just be a time and money sink to you
>>
You're probably playing one of these new garbage games. Try something like super mario world.
>>
>>35327530
I spend my entire day shitposting on /r9k/. You don't really have to worry about me squandering precious time.

I just don't understand how 9 year olds can get into it, other girls can get into it, normalfags can get into it, yet I cannot.
>>
modern video games arent that good anyways, you aren't missing out on much
>>
>>35327516
>now that I want to get into it to see what the fuss is all about I can't.
don't be silly

>>35327718
>modern video games arent that good anyways, you aren't missing out on much
this

start out with some older games, classics or ones with stories/aesthetics you might find interesting

>>>/vr/

you don't have to dedicate your life to becoming a gamer, just have fun
>>
>>35327516
Then I would suggest playing the ones that you missed playing as a child. Check on /vr/ for SNES recommendations or something.
>>
>>35327516
It's entertainment like TV, books, movies, music. Not really a hobby, its a huge medium that caters to a lot of different tastes. A lot of people can participate because its entertainment.
I'd say its worth a try.
You'd probably find something you'd like, but no big deal if you don't. Anything caught your fancy?
>>
>>35327779
>Not really a hobby
7/10, I'm pretty rustled
>>
>>35327779
There is the participatory element which makes it different from something like a film, though. You have to actively work through it yourself, sometimes at great difficulty, so it can provide a rewarding feeling that other mediums may not give you.
>>
games now'a days try to do too much and be too big.
i think devs have Rockstar envy. they want to emulate Rockstar's success with the grandiose, huge scale GTA so fucking much, that everything now has GTA-esque gameplay.

remember how in GTA you steal cars? now in every game you "hop on" a mount. whether it's a car, a motorcycle, a space ship, a horse, a chocobo, a pokemon, a random orgre thing that has an entire tree dedicated to riding it (Shadows of Mordor), it's just getting too cookie-cutter at this point. much like Hollywood right now.
>>
>>35327813
The thing that kills me is having to go find a key or some shit to get through a door. After doing this thousands of times it becomes a boring chore. Games only appeal to me today if they're a test of skill in some way, like a shmup
>>
>>35327516
I think the 90's is when games really started getting popular.

Anyway most modern ones are just interactive movies.
>>
>>35327854
Thanks for the answer. Guess I was just too far removed from vidya to realize its popularity.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.