[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>younger person more successful than you Does anyone else

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: Nechayev.png (337KB, 712x979px) Image search: [Google]
Nechayev.png
337KB, 712x979px
>younger person more successful than you

Does anyone else feel extremely shitty when they read stuff about 18 year olds who already have their own successful businesses, and people that are making good money and living good lives at young ages?

I am 20 and haven't done shit and every time I even talk to someone younger than me and they tell me how they got a nice job I feel angry

How do I stop being like that?
>>
I would do anything to be as amazing as Brian Wilson or Mozart at my age
>>
>tfw 23 and talented musician
>received 10 000 euro scholarship to pursue my talent
>spend days in my room playing video games and lurking /r9k/
I am the epitome of /intelligentbutlazy/.
>>
Get a Job.
Stop crying.
Who knows what happens
>>
>>35327542
Please don't waste your gift man.
>>
You should be angry. They are attractive and have been given the opportunity to learn social skills from an early age, as such normies are biased in favor of them in all things.

You are told you are "entitled" for asking to be treated the same way. People secretly think you are a subhuman and wish you didn't exist and would never give you the same opportunities, advice, connections and business deals even if there is no difference in material gain for them. If there were no consequences of their actions they would kill you in an instant.

Of course emotions are irrational. You should introspect and focus your emotional mind on what you can get rather than lamenting what you fail to get. You can learn to manipulate and fool normies into thinking you are one of them. Come to peace with the fact humans are barely evolved barbarous apes and you live on a planet with billions of them.
>>
>>35327444
i'm 29 and i never had a job. nothing interests me, i don't have any dreams and i don't care about anything in general.
>>
>>35328009
ever tried mdma?

>>35327607
except I was given those opportunities and I fucked everything up
>>
File: 1436150241762.jpg (89KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1436150241762.jpg
89KB, 600x800px
>>35327607

>If there were no consequences of their actions they would kill you in an instant.

there's some truth to what you're saying there but this is really taking it over the top lmao
>>
>>35327444

I try to feel happy for them. Sounds gay as fuck, but if anything their success just means it's one less person who has to deal with the emotional toll of being a failure like me. Doesn't really make any difference to them whether I'm happy for them or not, but then I can at least pretend like I'm a decent person instead of the envious bitter asshole that I know I am. Most of the time I try to direct any anger I feel towards myself, that way it's contained and no one else gets dragged down too.
>>
>>35327542
>being a musician has any correlation with being intelligent

You're dumb as shit. I bet your "music" sucks cock, too.
>>
My hope for future generations has died when I heard that losing your virginity at 13 is the new norm.
>>
>>35328180
>this incel didn't lose his virginity at age 6
kys
>>
File: 1487186723670.jpg (108KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1487186723670.jpg
108KB, 1280x720px
Yeah, it fucking kills me. I feel like a massive fucking loser all the time. 27 yo khv with a shitty job and lots of student debt. Pretty much everyone is doing better than me.
>>
>>35327444
yes so much, there was this guy in high school who kept making these shitty android apps and shilling them constantly, i didn't really like him and thought he was going nowhere because he wasn't good at academics. and then at the age of 17 he got fucking employed by microsoft to design an product for them, they gave him a salary and a budget to hire developers and shit. he was a terrible programmer, we had competitions run through the school and he always did really bad. he was really dedicated and constantly designing things i guess. meanwhile i poured 2 years of my life into half-finishing a flash game

last i heard of him he didn't even have his full drivers license and bought a $100k car. also hes a millionaire
>>
File: 1461902484485.gif (84KB, 403x392px) Image search: [Google]
1461902484485.gif
84KB, 403x392px
My parents still bug me with this shit. Some dumb 16 year old cunt made a business or something and my parwnts persist in saying "wel you're smart why haven't you done this".

REEEEEE FUCK OFF MOM SHOULDNT HAVE HAD KIDS IN YOU MID 40s YOU MADE ME MENTALLY ILL LUCJILY I DIDNT GET DOWN SYNDROME OR I WOULD HAVE WENT SYNDROME OF A DOWN ON YOUR FACE
>>
>>35327444
>How do I stop being like that?
Try to start a business or get a good job yourself.
>>
>>35329326

Anon, those silly 16-18 year olds who start a business get a loan from their parents or the bank. Saw some kid in my area make a sports car rental business on the news only to research him and find out that his dad was rich and gave him a loan.
>>
>>35327444

30 yr old here

success is it's own definition anon.

The fact that you feel anger and resentment towards someone else's life means that you feel you were cheated or that you never got the same break they did to get ahead. It's not really about success, it's about how you feel that the world was unfair to you or that you feel like your life took a wrong turn.

The truth is, you're fucking 20 and have 40+ years of derping around in the workforce ahead of you, it's way too early to judge the success or failure of your life. You haven't even done anything yet!

>How do I stop being like that?

Understand that emotional responses are trained responses in the brain, and learn your own triggers. If something makes you angry, don't expose yourself to that thing. You can train a different response over time, but the first step is to remove yourself from the stimulus
>>
>>35329705
That was a good answer thank you. I think part of the anger came from some of my old friends who got jobs at their parents work making over $40k out of highschool while I was at my retail cuck job, they would come in and buy shit and ask me why I am not trying to get a better job, that triggered me so fucking bad, it makes me not even want to get another job in my city because I know they will come in and tell me how I should come check out their new BMW.

I will try to remove myself from that the best I can, I just feel like comparatively to everyone else I know my age I am failing
>>
>>35329838

If you look past your anger and resentment of their good fortune, you'll be able to see the opportunity they're presenting you.

They're your connections anon.

As for feeling like you're falling behind :: That's what "Keeping up with the Jones'" feels like. We all chase this impossible ideal life that we want but can never attain, and we push our ideal life onto our friends/acquaintances. It only ends up making us feel bad. The only way to solve that is to peel back the layers of their lives and see them as people.

Sure (for eg) they got a 40k/yr job, but maybe their relationships are meaningless.

Sure they're dating a qtp2t and they're making 80k/yr and they look like they just came off a fitness magazine :: but maybe they have no time to themselves to enjoy their accomplishments and their gf spends all their money.

There are lots of variables that make up a life, and defining success on only one vector is shortsighted.
>>
>>35329838
>>35329988

followup : a good example is The Donald. Media superstar, married to a model half his age, president of the united states, multibillionaire

But I don't think I'd want his life. I'd take the millions sure... but his life is all public. I'd fear for my family's security all day and night and half the country hates me. Plus you have to work shitty hours as president.

So you take the good with the bad.
>>
>>35329988
>We all chase this impossible ideal life that we want but can never attain

Thanks I needed to hear that, that made me realize that I am actually not as bad off as I thought, I just have that mentality of comparing myself to other people, I think I can fix that though. You're wise anon
>>
Looks heres the thing. Even Mozart when he tried to become a composer felt that he was behind other student composers. He frantically worked to catch up. He was a performer all of his life and only composed for fun until he decided it would be his path. Like I said even Mozart felt like he was behind.

You also have to remember that different people have different circumstances such as better raised families etc. I'm starting to feel semi-successful but the years from 18-21 felt like starting a race and tripping over the metal hurdle while everyone else kept running.

You have to deal with the hand your dealt (if you want to not have a shitty life).
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.