[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I turned 18 a week ago. I want some advice from you guys. Those

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: gerald.jpg (20KB, 409x352px) Image search: [Google]
gerald.jpg
20KB, 409x352px
I turned 18 a week ago.

I want some advice from you guys.
Those of you whom have failed, please tell me your experiences so I might succeed. Help a robot enter adulthood and not fuck up

Some background on me
>4.1 GPA in high school
>accepted to a good state university
>kissless virgin
>never had a girlfriend
>have my license but anxious about driving
>anxious about getting a job
>hobbies include watching anime, playing vidya, browsing 4chan, and lifting
>have only two good friends
>never been to a party
>hate drinking and smoking
>>
the best way to overcome anxiety is through exposure, get a part time job and you'll probably overcome your fears

avoid fast food jobs if you can and work part time so you don't get overwhelmed

driving gets better with practice and learning the area, plan your route ahead of time

join some clubs and put yourself out there, take a few risks and get practice talking to women

just try not to worry, take each day as it comes
>>
>>35325740
Which clubs do you think I should join anon? Anime club is one I have in mind.

Also I have practice talking to women, I just can't escalate so I end up casual friends or acquaintances with them.
>>
>>35325604
I'm 23, can't give you much advice regarding women, but I can in terms of other stuff.

Keep studying, but make sure you know that it's taking you somewhere you want to be. As in that you have a job in mind you know you'll enjoy, and that your degree WILL get you a shot at that kind of work.

Get a part time job, even if it's at Wallmart for two nights a week. Most people work while studying. The money gives you freedom to go out or save or whatever. (Don't blow it all on games)

Try and be social with people you can tolerate. That's how you meet more people. If someone you can stand asks you to hang out always say yes unless you're going to be a wanker and hate it the whole time.
>>
Hahahahaha
Ahahshahahabaahahsbsha
Torture
>>
>>35327128
how do people learn? I've never been able to do it?
>>
>>35327799
Learn what? Success? Uni?
>>
>>35325604
It's not that hard, OP:
1) Pick a major that's directly applicable in the workforce with just a BS/BA. Good ones are CS, engineering (some better than others here), statistics/economics (for that big data), finance, accounting, marketing, business (more of a what you make of it kind of degree), actuarial, etc. Pre-law/pre-med can be OK but you might find that you don't want to do those after you graduate.
2) Get a 4 year degree. You did OK in high school, not bad, but not great. Make sure you study hard and get a 3.6+ in college. Get an internship as soon as you can.
3) Hit the gym. If you're fat then lose weight. If you're skinny then gain it.
4) >have my license but anxious about driving
Tough shit, kiddo. Do it.
5) >anxious about getting a job
Don't worry about it too much atm. Just pick a good major and try to get an internship asap.
6) >kissless virgin
>never had a girlfriend
>have only two good friends
>never been to a party
>hate drinking and smoking
You won't get good at socializing by not doing it, let me tell you. A lot of adulthood is being able to socialize. That's how you get good jobs a lot of the time, make friends, girlfriends, etc. A lot of adulthood is also doing things you don't necessarily want to. Do you think I want to get up at 7am for my job? I'll give you a hint: I sleep till 11 on the weekends.

>>35325867
>Which clubs do you think I should join anon? >Anime club is one I have in mind.
Whatever clubs interest you and have women. We can't tell you what to like. Go crazy.

>Also I have practice talking to women, I just can't escalate so I end up casual friends or acquaintances with them.
Yeah it's awkward, embarrassing, fear of rejection all that stuff. It's also something you'll never get good at by not doing it.
>>
>>35325604
Join a fraternity and learn to like drinking
>>
>>35327856
Just study in general, I can't do it I think I have low iq, i failed every class I've ever been in, what am I doing wrong
>>
>>35327887
Do you have ADD? ADHD? Have you had your IQ tested professionally?
>>
>>35327887
I dunno, study isn't for everyone friend. I was just motivated because I wanted that future and career. I did a Bachelor of Arts, which is pretty easy relative to STEM courses. Just need to be able to write well.
>>
>>35327900
the general consensus is those disorders are fake and I've never had my iq tested professionally
>>
>>35325604

Look. The first thing you should accept is you're well on the path to doing it wrong. Find at least one alcoholic drink you can tolerate and learn to drink socially in moderation and start going to parties. Internships are key to your success outside of college. Drive more. Gym more. Anime less. 4chan less.
>>
>>35327918
I like making you tube videos, I don't want to study but I seriously wonder why I did so horribly in my studying from childhood to now, was never interested yet neither were other people, yet they could study makes me jealous
>>
>>35327950
Look, as long as you can make stable money then you're good. Don't worry too much about study. As I said, it's not for everyone.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.