[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does coffee really get you addicted? What are symptoms for

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: 1462281316484.jpg (288KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1462281316484.jpg
288KB, 1280x720px
Does coffee really get you addicted? What are symptoms for coffee withdrawal?
>>
>>35323642
My dad gets really bad headaches if he doesn't drink his morning coffee
>>
>>35323642
>Does coffee really get you addicted?
Not at all, for me atleast....
>What are symptoms for coffee withdrawal?
https://www.caffeineinformer.com/caffeine-withdrawal-symptoms-top-ten
Although I didn't get any symptoms when I was quitting caffeine
>>35323697
Im the opposite. I get really bad headaches if I DO drink coffee when I haven't drunk it in a while
>>
>>35323642
I take two caffeine pills a day, and if I stop I get recked with horrible effects
>>
>>35324007
>I take two caffeine pills a day,
Why? can't you just drink coffee?
>>
>>35323642
>Does coffee really get you addicted?
well where do you draw the boundary for addiction? Plenty of people want their coffee in the morning but can function without it. Withdrawal from it isn't any danger, you just feel kinda crappy.
>What are symptoms for coffee withdrawal?
Sleepiness, headache. It's not that bad unless you're a very, very heavy caffeine user (like 6+ cups/day), and if you continue to abstain passes in about a week or two.

>>35324187
Not him but sometimes I do that just because it's easier and faster to take a pill, or when I don't have time to brew coffee.
>>
>>35324269
>Sleepiness, headache. It's not that bad unless you're a very, very heavy caffeine user (like 6+ cups/day), and if you continue to abstain passes in about a week or two.

I think that's happening to me, I don't think I'm at 6 cups a day but I suddenly stopped and I was tired all day with headaches and the more I tried to sleep it off the more I would feel like shit
>>
>>35324364
If it's a problem you can taper it off like any other drug (go from three cups to two for a few days, then to one, then quit) and you won't be as sleepy. You might still get a headache, but it'll be the kind of thing that you can take some aspirin and have done with.
>>
>>35324402
I wanted to drop it altogether at least temporarily because I was getting pains in my chest area to the left side and it got me worried.
I just had one coffee and it didn't feel special.
>>
you get the worst fucking headaches
>>
>>35324535
Huh, so that's why I had them. For some reason I didn't connect the dots, I thought it was brain cancer or something
>>
mirgraine that will make you want to shoot yourself. Had them so bad I was vomiting. Worse than any hangover
>>
>>35323697
Same. But I found out exercising really hard (like running 8 miles) really diminishes the side effects.
>>
>>35324187
I'm blessed with high sensitivity to caffeine, so taking drinking a cup of coffee can inprove my day, while taking a 200mg caffeine pill can make sing in the shower, giggle with happyness, have really detailed daydreams

Though, when your addicted, it takes more and more caffeine to get results, so I go through painful cycles where I cut myself off for a few days to get the full effects. I once thought about cycling it where I would take a pill every three days so that I woundn't have withdrawls, but HOLYFUCK the high is so intense for me that all I could think about on the days that I wasn't taking the pills was how the day was already ruined without them
>>
>>35324604
What, really? I think you are just weak or your liver and or kidney are shit. I drink coffee all day and I just get a mild headache for a little if I stop.
>>35323642
Withdrawl doesn't have a lot to do with addiction son. People make this mistake all the time with other drugs/booze. "If I just detox I'm cured baby!!" Nope, addiction is in the mind (mind not brain)and detoxing is just the bodily part, and you haven't dealt with everything that goes into you using and wanting to use again, and without treating that, you will fuck up
>>
It isnt as much an addiction as it is the body regulating its functions to your usual use. The body registers the increased body functions and decreases them shortly before your expected cup of coffee.

Most adults today are drinking coffee not because it pushes them but because they are fighting that effect - their body is used to getting coffee every morning so they will have low blood pressure and body activity after waking up.

As with any drug, smart use is the key. At higher doses caffeine can have an effect similar to small doses of stronger stimulants like euphoria and extreme awareness of sensory imput as well as strong concentration. You dont want that effect every day, as it will greatly increase your resistance to caffeine over prolonged use.

If your hands are sweaty, you have tachycardia or arrythmia, relax, avoid straining activities, drink a lot of water and eat something.

As the higher blood pressure, heart rate and brain activity will drain your energy reserves you want to eat lots of carbohydrates with your caffein, several maller amounts of bread with jam or chocolate with nuts over the day are ideal.

To avoid "addiction" you should abstain 3 days in a row every 1-2 weeks and use holidays to completly abstain for at least 2 weeks.

Abuse of coffein will have a toll on your body and while being a very safe to use drug, it can still have short or long term negative effects physical and psychical effects. Do cardio-exercises before you start using coffein regularly to ensure your heart is up for the job. Do not exercise shortly after using high amounts of caffeine.

I personally used caffeine to help myself out of my depressive mood in the mornings and actually do sth with my life in my youth. Despite being pretty careful with it (and other stimulants and recreational drugs) I managed to fuck over my heart and body, needing nearly 2 years of abstinence to return to normal function but with a likely permanent (but light) damage to my heart.
>>
>>35325331
If you are an europoor like me you can check in with your doctor if you feel that your caffeine abuse has left your body damaged. While in 99% of the time it is reversible by longer episodes of abstaining, there can be permanent effects left from abuse, especially if you had (unknown) issues beforehand.
>>
>>35323642
I hate the taste of coffee, I wouldn't know.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.