[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what are you reading right now? pic related, its what i'm

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 14

File: IMG_0986.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0986.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
what are you reading right now?

pic related, its what i'm reading right now
>>
File: fanged-product.jpg (185KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
fanged-product.jpg
185KB, 900x675px
I'm reading pic related. It's really interesting, but when I read it I can't help but feel like we're living in a lovecraftian hellscape.
>>
I'm reading the Count of Monte Cristo atm.
Ultimate adventure-core. Edmond is a baller.
>>
File: v.jpg (16KB, 191x274px) Image search: [Google]
v.jpg
16KB, 191x274px
just starting pic related. not too sure what to expect, but ive heard overwhelmingly good things.
>>
A "classic" of Chinese "literature". Reads like DBZ fan fiction. Everyone has unbounded superpowers which suddenly become bounded when the author writes himself into a corner, and if even that can't save him he pulls a deus (or a dozen) out of the fucking machina.

Every chapter is more or less the same thing. First they meet a river monster, then they meet a mountain monster, then they meet a river monster, then they meet a mountain monster. Monkey says, "Be careful, there is a monster!". Sanzang says, "You stupid monkey, there is no monster!". Sanzang gets captures by the monster, and then monkey rescues him. There is no progression or development of plot, theme, or characters.

The only redeeming feature is that the satire of Chinese bureaucracy is sometimes amusing. Just nowhere on the level of actual, competent satire.
>>
>>35314909
is that albert camus?
nice
>>
File: IMG_20170306_242021016.jpg (1MB, 1836x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170306_242021016.jpg
1MB, 1836x3264px
Haven't started yet, but will soon
>>
>>35314909
WE GOT A CODE RED PLEBEIAN! I REPEAT A CODE RED PLEBEIAN OVER HERE!

nah you're fine, you'll get there son.

I'm reading a dance to the music of time, my fellow african-american comrades
>>
SOMEONE PLEASE GET ME THE EPUB OR MOBI OF THE SEDUCERS DIARY PLEASE
>>
>>35315408
Are you reading it like it's some sort of contemporary fantasy novel? Stop being such a pleb.
>>
>Marcus Aurelius
>Posts tumblrique snap
End your life immediately OP.
>>
I'm reading this one. I personally prefer Jung over Freud when it comes to psychology.
>>
>>35316537

>It's old therefore it's deep.
>>
>>35314909
Is That meditations book a good'un, anon?

Me, I'm trying to read more Nick Hornby books. he's quite plebian but I enjoy it nonetheless.
>>
I'm reading infinite jest as my monthly book
>>
>>35314909
I'm also reading meditations, and I just finished myth of sisyphus and Steppenwolf (Hesse).

I really liked Steppenwolf a lot. I really feel like I connected with the magic theater scene. Especially "All the Girls are yours" and the very end when he killed Hermine.

Mediations has been a slog DESU, I really enjoy it a lot but I'm not that strong of a reader so it takes a while for me to read each book, and I usually have to reread about half the chapters to tally get it.

I'm probably going to read Journey to the East(Hesse), Dracula (Stoker), or Thinking fast and slow (nonfiction about metacognition) next
>>
>>35316613
Never claimed that. Criticizing it for using "deus ex machinas" is totally missing the point. Also it's kind of silly to say that the books has no characters when it features one of the greatest in all of world literature. He's up there with Don Quixote, Hamlet, and Odysseus.
>>
>>35315516
Is that based on that fucking horrible anime?
>>
Should I read meditations,
I like ayn rand and shit, also a fan of stoics.
I feel like it has the potential to be the gayest thing
>>
Love this book. Currently on chapter 18.
>>
>>35318094
oh, hows that book report going
>>
File: longlivethebeat.jpg (1MB, 2150x2560px) Image search: [Google]
longlivethebeat.jpg
1MB, 2150x2560px
>>35314909
i switch between the two when i need a break from burroughs
>>
>>35318119
Not in school, Just love reading the book.
>>
>>35314909
>reading some interpretation of Nietzsche
>not just reading Thus Spake Zarathustra and Beyond Good and Evil
brainlet detected
>>
>>35314909
I love Meditations. Aurelius just kept it simple and true.
>>
File: cov1703lg-250.jpg (36KB, 250x371px) Image search: [Google]
cov1703lg-250.jpg
36KB, 250x371px
Just got this issue of my magazine in the mail. 10/10 would recommend to people that want to read good stories but don't want to read giant books that drag on forever. Plus there are reviews of books and movies in here if you want to read other stuff. I haven't read a BOOK book in a while
>>
File: Lala5.jpg (178KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Lala5.jpg
178KB, 1000x1000px
What are some good horror books?
All i have read so far is everything by Lovecraft.
>>
File: index.png (6KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
index.png
6KB, 300x168px
>>35318567
Pic related from >>35318094. Read it, now
>>
File: dosto.jpg (56KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
dosto.jpg
56KB, 640x480px
Been reading Crime and Punishment now.
I read Notes from Underground a few weeks back and really liked it.
>>
i;ve been meaning to read seven deadly sins by corey taylor. his a singer to slipknot and stone sour. i read a little bit of it years ago.
>>
File: 828387.jpg (110KB, 309x475px) Image search: [Google]
828387.jpg
110KB, 309x475px
It takes me like 2 years to read a book.
I only ever read them in doctors waiting rooms and on trains or shit like that.
Started this book about a year ago, maybe more, and still only about 50 pages in.
>>
>>35318784
My Dostoyevsky nigga. Just finished The Idiot and going to start Notes from Underground. Read Crime and Punishment and Brothers Karamazov years ago and liked them too.

I really like Dostoyevsky, sometimes he captures ideas and thoughts I've had about the world and life so well, it's hard to believe he's from such a different era.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.