[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why aren't you in the military? Its the only place where

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 5

Why aren't you in the military?

Its the only place where you'll ever experience true comradely and brotherhood.
>>
because i'm not an idiot with low self esteem (emphasis on idiot )who needs to be part of a group to feel strong or be cannon fodder for personal interest of polititians while they don't send their own kids in the military, because anyone with half a brain and some life experience knows that it's horrible there and that it's a product of propaganda and exploiting the poor and uneducated

now fuck off with these threads
>>
>>35307513
>not striving to be a 5 star general
Sad!
>>
Only in the movies.

In reality its full of criminals and dickheads just like everywhere else. If its where you turn to make money than so be it but patriotism is only a coping mechanism in wartime.
>>
>>35307485
no military in the world would accept someone with my mental issues
>>
Because I actually know what the fuck I'm going to do with my life.
>>
>>35307485
I don't feel like defending the jew's gold with my own life.
>>
>>35307485
I actually plan to enlist soon sometime in the summer. Better than just sitting around wagekeking at McDonald's and definitely better than staying with my parents.

>>35307513
Maybe if you're one of those retards who decide to go straight infantry. There's other jobs in the military you know.
>>
>Why aren't you in the military?

I'm not a submissive sissy faggot.
>>
File: 1487456053-185714-1.jpg (85KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
1487456053-185714-1.jpg
85KB, 900x600px
>>35307485
Don't you know how it would end ?
>>
Why don't you take HRT already?

We all know you want it thick black and up you bum, you faggot.
>>
If they quit drug testing for weed I honestly probably would enlist.
>>
>being in the military with Trump in power

Yeah, I'm not falling for your dirty tricks, Darwin!

I shall live and I shall procreate!
>>
It paid for most of my masters degree. I get a hell of a lot of benefits too. Do it anons you won't be disappointed.
>>
>>35307588
Any job in the military you can do in the civil world, much better paid and much less mentally retarded street criminals around you
>>
My friend was in the army.

Apparently the all go prison gay there. There is usually a couple of guys who are designated as platoon wives and everyone else takes turns topping them.
>>
>>35307485
because our government doesn't give shit about the military and the last 5 to 10 years the budget for warfare has shrunked to below the absolute minimum
>doesn't even meet NATO standards
>mfw
Still thinking about it though, but I took the long trip to university of technology, switched faculty once and didn't go as fast as possible.
So maybe getting too old.

Still sometimes check the website of our military for job vacancies. They still need engineers.
Would never go for combat function, not because I don't want to, but then college would be a waste of money.
>>
A friend of my fathers was in the military. Died in his early 40s of HIV.
>>
>>35307656

>being this much of an obvious shill

What Trump is requesting more cannon fodder?
>>
Haha this is hilarious!

Some faggot figured out that the demographics of /r9k/ is full of people that might be just desperate enough to enlist.

And now we have these constant shill threads trying to get robot to go die in the middle eastern deserts.

Like seriously? Whoever is doing this, kindly kill yourself you pathetic scum. Is this this best job you could find? Honestly? What a fucking loser.
>>
>>35307485
Because no matter how much congress increases military spending, soldiers will still make almost nothing. I also don't believe in the things the military is trying to accomplish. I would join if we had a real cause, but we don't.
>>
>>35307777
Its for a just cause though.
>>
File: 1485766513012.png (213KB, 317x281px) Image search: [Google]
1485766513012.png
213KB, 317x281px
>>35307777
well I guess digits don't lie
>>
A friend from middle school always wanted to join. He eventual did two tours in Afghanistan. Came back a shell of his former self. Didn't do much for the rest of his life. Lived in his trailer on government bux and got drunk everyday.

He died from Hepatitis not long ago.
>>
>>35307777
Quads of truth. Kek be praised.
>>
>>35307681
>any job
>much better paid
no.
>>
>>35307733
Do you honestly think the GI bill is a joke? you get 50 fucking grand for school, and you can save up 30 in one contract
>>
>>35307485
I'm a miserable manlet who has never thrown a punch in his life. Joining the army would just be like starting school again complete with the harassment and isolation.

I'd be happier wage slaving it up at Maccy Ds all of my life than having to live through another 2 years of school.

The Bong army has some nice skills training opportunities though.
>>
>>35307809

They contacted one of my employer's contractors who does social media campaigns (shilling on Facebook/Reddit/NYTs/...etc) about the possibility of running some enlisting campaigns. That's how I know.
>>
>>35307485
Because I can't join : ^)
>>
>>35307890
>Do you honestly think the GI bill is a joke?

Yes. I makes infinitely more financial sense to go to school on loans and pay them back then go to fucking Afghanistan to die shooting some turban heads. Are you completely fucking retarded?

They are taking advance of your inability to calculate risk appropriately.
>>
>>35307485
i'm neither a prole nor a toff

also the army is a dead end these days
>>
>>35307990
>go to school on loans and pay them back
>financially responsible
What is student loan debt
>>
>>35307485
Already did. Now I live off of my military disability and go to college on the G.I. bill, while training for the Great North American Race War. I traded six years of my life for an almost free college degree and 1500 dollars a month for the rest of my life.

27, Never had a GF, kissless, hugless, hand-holdless, military grade cyborg.

I would be a wizzard soon, but before I found out what it was worth I wasted it and bought hookers.
>>
>>35308023

>loans are never financially responsible

Capitalism is literally not even possible without loans you dumb turd.

If you actually have potential, then a loan makes sense. If you don't have potential you'll waste the GI Bill money anyway and you would have risked your life in the process.

Also I bet you finance your fully maxxed F-150 while thinking loans are evil.
>>

Easy. I'm 27. I look at my friends who enlisted and I look at those who didn't. Nothing more to say, lol.

I can become a meth head trailer park trash without having to spend years cleaning my ass with sand in the desert while being attacked by suicidal sand people.
>>
File: 57657576.jpg (5KB, 297x170px) Image search: [Google]
57657576.jpg
5KB, 297x170px
>>35308023
a loan is money you can use in the present if you have the funds to pay it off for the future
>evulate yourself now
>>

Cause I secretly think less of everyone who enlists. Sorry, but if you tell me you "served", I immediately think of you as some dumb retard. I've never met an exception.

I know most people think the same way. All that "we value our soldiers" crap is just the PC facade we have to put up.

And no, I'm not some dumb hippy liberal. Just an average educated white person.
>>
>>35307485
I'll be drafted next year army is mandatory
>>
>>35308316
Can I ask what your degree is in?
>>
>>35308316
This is true. Most of the people in the Marines were rednecks, black thugs and gangster Mexicans. I was the only one with a New England accent.
>>
>>35308434
>I was the only one with a New England accent.

Out of 200,000 people? Or just the people in your MOS? If you don't want to work with the sub-humans, you have to do better that a 30 on your ASVAB.
>>
>>35308495
Just the people in my mos. Infantry in the marines was like being in the South.
>>
>>35308434
I highly doubt you're the only one with a New England accent and some level of intellect in a branch with 200,000 something people in it. What MOS were you actually in? Because if it was infantry or some shit then expect to be surrounded by dumbasses who barely passed the ASVAB, which may I remind you is easy as shit as long as you know basic arithmetic and how to use tools and shit.
>>
>>35308621
Okay, that checks out. Thanks
>>
My country has conscription and I can confirm that military is truly the robots place.

I've been extremely depressed since homecoming a year ago.
>>
>>35307513
Do yourself a favor and read Starshio Troopers by Robert A. Heinlein (which is almost nothing like the movie based on it). The military is more like the Mobile Infantry these days in that it is now an all-volunteer high-tech strike force as opposed to a barely held together collection of scared conscripts who just want to go home.
>>
I was in the military and still was a social pariah. If you're weak your unit will just make fun of trying to get you to man up. If you're a virgin they will just laugh at you. Stop shilling this nonsense.
>>
>>35307535
you don't get to be a 5 star general on the track you get filtered into when you "join the military"
>>
>>35307990

Not all jobs deploy to high danger zones like that, especially in branches other than the army.
>>
>>35309047
What track do you need to take, then?
>>
I don't have the discipline/mental fortitude required
don't even want to waste a bit of that taxpayer money on getting my sorry ass blasted by a landmine or picked by a sniper
>>
i tried getting where i can run better and stuff but i still couldnt even get close to 16:00 for a two mile

im not a fat fuq i have to carry stuff that weighs like 120lbs at work sometimes
>>
>>35307485
But I'm already in the military.

It's not romantic like you make it seem. It's just a low-paying job with a shitload of benefits.
>>
>>35309300
Pretty much gotta go to one of the military academies, MAYBE ROTC if you're exceptionally charismatic and hardworking.
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.