[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do people who are sliding in full blown schizophrenia have awareness

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (58KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
58KB, 600x800px
Do people who are sliding in full blown schizophrenia have awareness that they are?

I'm scared robots
>>
>>35301046
Yes
Crazy people can know they're crazy
>>
>>35301092
Yes they can realize, but i met some that didnt.
>>
File: 1484814071505.png (218KB, 600x536px) Image search: [Google]
1484814071505.png
218KB, 600x536px
>>35301046
I hear you can, good luck doing anything about it
>>
Schizos can snap back to cognizance of their condition between episodes.

i've seen it personally, we're talkin full blown schizo institutionalised, talking all kinds of shit

for a brief window themselves comes through and they ask

"I'm not well, am I"

"No, you're not"

"I'm sorry for the hassle I'm causing you".

"It's ok".

After that they're gone again.

Shits crazy.
>>
>>35301092
>>35301125
I just feel like what Doctor is gonna take me seriously if it comes from me.
I don't have hallucinations but perhaps delusions/ paranoia but can they really be that severe if I can recognize them for what they are.
Also
>tfw when withdrawn completely from all friends/associates/family/ engagements that aren't work
>want to be alone and get highly irritated when there's people around me in public
>tfw no attention span, not even for "fun" things
>tfw enjoy looking disheveled now
>tfw speech has deteriorated, can't find words, full of blanks, spoonerisms and word salad
>tfw brain processing seems to have short circuited so I appear "absent minded", doing stupid shit accidentally
>tfw just sit for hours, smoking, never used to smoke regularly

I feel like I've had a fucking stroke
>>
>>35301277
are you me OP?
when did this start for you? is there something that triggered it?
>>
I doubt it's early schizophrenia but I've been having weird feelings of disassociation and derealization lately. Like, I know other people are conscious, I know I'm not the only one with the lights on, but somehow deep in my subconscious I just can't accept it. Basically, my intuitions tell me everyone I see is some kind of puppet, or a mirage, and when I die I'll wake up in "real" reality and find out I've been living a lie, some kind of simulation or something all these years.

Like I said, I'm consciously aware this sounds ridiculous but on some fundamental level, just when I see people in public or online, I don't believe they're actually experiencing the same complex inner "movie" I am. It's a frightening feeling and it makes me feel alone.
>>
>>35301458
Also, I've found that this strange gut-level feeling has actually cured my anxiety. So maybe it's just my mind coping with its miserable existence, trying to shut out other people's conscious experiences so the only one I can compare mine to is my own.
>>
>>35301372
Possibly could be anything, but I was in a bad relationship and ended up homeless but... I don't know I feel like it's more than that.
>>
>>35301458
>>35301538
relatable

>>35301600
oddly enough this began to happen to me as a relationship of mine was collapsing. i lost almost all of my friends as a result, i've been unmotivated to do much of anything besides exist.
>>
>>35301046
No. A part of the schizophrenia is rationalizing all the changes to yourself. It will start slow and easy and become a slippery slope.
>i just prefer being alone
>all other people are retarded
>they're brainwashed
>i'm the only sane one
>i see clearly now and anyone trying to talk to me is trying to brainwash me into being the same sheep they are!!
And there you have it: full blown schizo.
>>
Schizophrenic here.

No. You will only realize that you had gone insane maybe years after it has happened it will all seem real at the time.

Schizophrenia is not scary, it's annoying. Imagine a bunch of annoying people yelling at you all day how many time have I screamed at them to shut up and if they keep on telling at me I'm going to rip their limbs off but there's nobody to disembowel...just voices
>>
>>35301458
>>35301538
I know this is what you guys want me to question. I have known this for a couple months now that you have been trying to get me to question the fundamentals of my reality. That life is a simulation or I'm in a coma or I'm in a dream or whatever. That you want me to shoot myself or hang myself in order to try and get me to "wake up."

Isn't going to happen. The only way I would ever believe something like that is if I saw some seriously supernatural bullshit. Like, a spaceship lands to take me into space or whatever doctor strange shit that happened.

Until then I'm just going to assume it's just another attempt to run me into death so you can win the deadpool on me.
>>
File: 1487133082348.jpg (25KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1487133082348.jpg
25KB, 500x375px
>>35301702
>>35301684
Individual experiences does not = all or even the average experience.

You two sound like normies desu and should be treated like garbage from now on in this thread.

>>35301046
>Do people who are sliding in full blown schizophrenia have awareness that they are?
>>35301275
>35301275
This is the answer you're looking for. I had full blown schizophrenia but didn't recognize it as schizophrenia because I didn't even know fully what schizophrenia was but I did have the inclination that something was wrong.

After knowing I would have episodes and blurs where I would realize I was schizophrenic but then fade out of that awareness in the middle of the episode and get caught in it for a couple hours or even a couple days where the awareness is such a far removed thought comparable to the experience you're trying to handle in the moment that it becomes meaningless and this sort of self reflection goes out the window.

I would find myself running around looking for anything to take my mind off of things ending up miles away or on a bus going somewhere I didn't know. It was like a whole other person that was in me and when my brain would calm down I did realize it was because of the schizophrenia and damage.

It could be any combination of awareness or not being aware OP.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.