[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If I tell my therapist or psychiatrist that I'm suicidal,

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 6

File: 1488585133984.jpg (9KB, 192x182px) Image search: [Google]
1488585133984.jpg
9KB, 192x182px
If I tell my therapist or psychiatrist that I'm suicidal, are they gonna put me in a mental hospital?
Should I just avoid the subject and lie if it comes up?
Help me out here robots
>>
Don't tell them stupid

Duh
>>
are you in the uk senpai??
>>
>>35292945
Yes, they will promptly turn you over to "medical professionals" for "help." Don't tell them anything you don't need to. Therapy is just a meme. Tell them little, make small talk, and just take whatever chill pills they give you.
>>
>>35293010
No, why?

origorigona
>>
>>35293010
Not OP but I am and I don't wanna be locked up, I dindu nuffin
What would they do?
>>
>>35292945
Yes, if they believe that you will do it. You can say something like "I've felt suicidal before, but not for a while" or something to that effect. Anyways you should lie to them if you don't want to be locked away. I do it all the time, not very hard
>>
>>35292945
Suicidal thoughts = pills, Attempted suicide = loonybin. Your choice.
>>
>>35292945
>If I tell my therapist or psychiatrist that I'm suicidal, are they gonna put me in a mental hospital?

Sadly, yes, they will. It's why I've never gone to therapy, even though I think it'd be a great help.

If you have any intention of actually killing yourself and you really, truly do not want help, DO NOT TELL ANYONE. Don't even hint about it. At best, you doom them to years of guilt for not trying to stop you. At worst, they'll try to stop you.
>>
I told a therapist about thoughts of suicide; they confirmed whether I was an immediate risk or if I had a plan of action to take my own life. I said that I didn't and that was it.

HOWEVER, I also had bad experiences having police called on me just for implying it (saying I didn't care about the future, it doesn't matter, etc). It comes down to what the person in question decides to do. The police don't have any judgement, if they get the call then they have to respond. After that it's up to the doctors at the hospital to make an assessment.
>>
>>35292945
Also stop being depressed and suicidal. There's some poor asshole out there in Ukraine who has Russian supported personnel dropping mortars on his neighborhood. You're being gay.
>>
>>35293041
in the UK you can talk about feeling suicidal and assure them that you wont act on it and haven't made any plans that you're going to go through with

then they'll start the right course of treatment (CBT or some shit) to help you find out why you're thinking these thoughts and how to put them away

you won't be locked up or hospitalised if you make it clear that you don't have any plans and aren't willing to act on it

they'll give you the 24/7 Single Point of Access number for your area in case you're having a meltdown at any point and need to talk to a professional

ily take care senpai
>>
>>35293179
>Other people have problems, therefore your problems don't exist

Don't be dense.
>>
>>35293197
Seems pointless going to therapy if you can't tell them how you really feel.
That very fact has put me off going, not that I was that bothered - I already have plans to go out.
Just makes me wonder if it scared off other people who could've been helped.
>>
>>35293249
But it's true, anon. OP's "problem" is that he feels sad. He just needs to buck up and stop being a big homo because life is rough. He can either be a faggot sadsack or get on with things.
>>
>>35293179
>Muh african children
Fallacy of relative privation ("not as bad as") dismissing an argument or complaint due to the existence of more important problems in the world, regardless of whether those problems bear relevance to the initial argument. For example, First World problem.
Not an argument.
>>
>>35293179
I wish I could get mortared.
>>
>>35293435
Don't pretend to know people on an anonymous imageboard.

You have no idea how bad things can get.
>>
File: mick.jpg (15KB, 249x243px)
mick.jpg
15KB, 249x243px
>>35293435

I find this point of view funny. Suicide is the leading cause of death for men under 35. The rates go up every year, across almost every demographic. Suicide exists as a public health disaster with little sign of stopping

But Anon here wants more men to kill themselves.
>>
>>35292945
If you say you're suicidal, they probably won't put you in the hospital. Only if you have an active plan to off yourself. Saying "I want to die" won't get you hospitalized, but saying "I'm going to kill myself" will.
>>
>>35293474
Me too, senpai, me too.
You have been muted for 2 seconds, because your comment was not original.
>>
>>35293466
Dude I didn't even read all that shit. Get out of here with your queer sounding fallacy shit. This isn't your community college study group. Feeling sad isn't a real problem.
>>
>>35293261
just because you're lying doesn't mean they won't be treating you as somebody with suicidal ideation/an actual suicide risk

if you want to be 100% honest and willing to cooperate, psychiatric wards aren't that scary and you'll probably only be in there for a couple of weeks
>>
>>35293494
>I'll just ignore his argument by doing an Ad Hominem
Also not an argument.
>>
>>35293480
I just want these people to stop feeling bad for themselves. Shit really isn't that bad. If you live in a safe area, have housing, food, and the internet, you're doing pretty well all things considered.

Maybe if some guy had lost his legs and wanted to off himself I could understand but some regular everyday loser just sees it as an option instead of actually working on themselves. It's sad.
>>
>>35293533

>life comes down to having food, housing and internet

Jesus christ, you're thicker than lead
>>
>>35293261
>Just makes me wonder if it scared off other people who could've been helped.

me for sure :(

I wish so much I had someone to talk to. I don't know if it would help... but I'd like to try. But I can't let them put me in a psyche ward and bill me thousands of dollars and take away my right to own a gun if I decide that a painless death is what I really want.
>>
>>35293533
i just want these people to stop feeling good about themselves. shit really isn't that good. if you don't live in a mansion, eat the best food, have a loving family and kids, an advanced degree and successful career, self-actualized happiness, then you're doing pretty bad all things considered.
>>
File: 1488610172248.png (26KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1488610172248.png
26KB, 1024x1024px
>>35293533
You do realize where you are, right?
Either way, have a (You).
>>
>>35293494
mental illness is more than being a little sad and wanting to kill yourself makes you sound mentally ill

you've clearly never been in a third world country to see how mental illness manifests in people living in poverty because this whole "mental illness isn't real" meme is a tragedy over there.
>>
File: coolguy.jpg (23KB, 600x584px) Image search: [Google]
coolguy.jpg
23KB, 600x584px
>>35293551
If you want to come up with imaginary "problems" to feel sad about that's on you. I'm going to be over here having a good day in the meantime.
>>
They should only do that if you tell them you've either

a) taken steps to end your life prior to the session (e.g. taken pills)
b) have a plan to do it immediately after the session

I think this is what many policies are
>>
File: shrug.png (187KB, 554x439px) Image search: [Google]
shrug.png
187KB, 554x439px
>>35293513
But I don't want to be honest with anyone and I don't want to cooperate
Just the way shit is, no helping it
>>
My doctor's nurse just told me to go to the ER if I felt like hurting myself
>>
>>35293533

People don't kill themselves because they feel bad about themselves. People really only kill themselves when they feel trapped in an untenable situation and believe there's no other way out. There are exceptions, but this is the huge majority of suicides.

You can have an otherwise perfectly comfortable life and still find yourself in a situation that you believe, rightly or wrongly, is unlivable and inescapable.
>>
>>35293611
What is maslow's hierarchy of needs?
>>
>>35293610
The fuck do I care about some assholes living in a shitty developing country? Fuck them. America First.

They should be happy they have clothing and cheap wares to make for us now. People in poverty will never stop bitching about being poor. Muh programs, muh welfare, muh neetbux. All they ever want is more and more of other peoples tax dollars.

Some of you slopes just need to go for a jog and get a job.
>>
>>35293650

Bet she didn't tell you that they'll bill you for $30,000 after locking you up for a few weeks.
>>
>>35293647
please don't kys ily
>>
>>35293676
>live in america
>no jobs here
>slopes took em all

fucking kms
>>
>>35293660
Some gay old shit made up a dead white dude and espoused by female community college psych professors. It's not real and psychology is half-quack science on a good day. Stop using some dead dude's idea to justify being lazy.
>>
>>35293685
>Bet she didn't tell you that they'll bill you for $30,000 after locking you up for a few weeks

fuck you i didn't ask for this reminder
>>
>>35293676
bait or turbo-autist
>>
>>35292945
You tell your therapist the truth

mfw they taking you away
>>
>>35293685
I didn't actually go
my doctor prescribed antidepressants after I contacted her through mychart
>>
>>35293179
At least that Ukrainian guy isn't a diamond mine slave in Africa, so he has no reason to complain, right?
>>
>>35294907
lol, stay assmad about the fact someone won't feel bad for you just because you feel bad inside. Maybe you should pop some Prozac and stop being a fag.
>>
Are you depressive? Just tell them the stereotypical depressive person things, get your pills and git out. Never say you're suicidal, normies take that shit seriously and might lock you somewhere.
>>
>>35295010
I can't pop prozac because I have no access to medical care.
>>
Why would that happen?

Is your therapy like compulsory or something?

It would be fucking surreal if you went to a therapist because you need someone to talk to outside your head and they just turn you over to be thrown into a cell because apparently not enjoying life is not the correct answer.
>>
>>35295151
>no access to medical care

What, do you live in Africa or some shit? If you live in America there's always welfare medical care for the poors. Literally Medicare.
>>
>>35295208
Medicare doesn't cover shit and you would know that if you weren't a dumb retard.

It's certainly not paying for medication.
>>
File: 1.jpg (559KB, 2592x1456px)
1.jpg
559KB, 2592x1456px
>>35293676
In Hungary a politician once said: If you're poor that's your fault, your worth is nothing if you're poor.

He is thrown out of the parlament now.

You should be "thrown out" to live your life poor from the start, we would see how far you can get.
>>
>>35295228
Haha, you're too lazy to even get healthcare through the state. Enjoy being a sadass faggot without any Prozac. You're going to be here until you' wind up homeless someday.

Sure feels good having full medical and dental.
>>
>>35295154
They're required to do it or some bullshit like that, because surely locking someone up will do wonders for their mental state.

Anything about suicide is something better avoided with therapists.
>>
>>35295264
I sincerely hope that you die soon. You very clearly don't deserve to live as stupid as you are.

It's depressing that I have to share this earth with people as ridiculously dumb as you.

I'm going to stop responding now because you're obviously too inferior for me to interact with.
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.