[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm in the hospital for a car accident . I was at fault

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: 1476547380601.jpg (110KB, 552x364px) Image search: [Google]
1476547380601.jpg
110KB, 552x364px
I'm in the hospital for a car accident . I was at fault and it turns out I was nearly two times over the alcohol content limit . I was 1.4 but now I'm 1.6.
I'm in shit
Ask me everything
>>
>>35289436
Did you hurt anyone else?
Did you cause damage to any property?

If mom and dad get you a lawyer you can expect two years probation, get off in 1 yr with time suspended over your head.
>>
>>35289436
How bad are they hurt
>>
How long is the prison term looking to be?
>>
>>35289579
>>35289536
I was hit by an empty tractor trailer. The only damage is to my car.its totaled. Nobody was injured. I'll have at least 6 months community service as it's a first time offense. And most certainly a last time.
>>
>>35289436
You'll be fine OP. You got off with community service and you leanred your lesson. Take it on the chin and continue.
>>
>>35289886
That's the plan, but I'm really having a hard time coming to terms with telling my family and my job. Personally I'm fine, but the effect it will have in my family is what concerns me.
>>
>Talked my way out of 3 DUI's

Git fukkin Gud OP, true robots are professional liars.
>>
>>35289830
You will also do a week or so of jail time.

Ask the hospital to get your anus ready because you're gonna be in general pop with people that have done some bad stuff.
>>
So nobody got injured. What gets your jimmies in a rustle then?
>>
When I had mine, I had to install one of the breathlyzers in my car for a year and go to rehab for 30 days. Didn't have to go to community service though.

Altogether it was probably like 3 grand

I got pulled over for flashing my head lights at a stop light at 2am
>>
>>35290350
Teach me your ways. I'm already balls deep. They breatalized me straight away then did blood work. Not much I can do it looks like.>>35290562 I'm not sure exactly. Mostly that my car is totaled and I just got a new job.
>>
>>35290364
No jail time here. Just a bad conscience and social stigmas.
>>
>>35290646

Not him, but you can't really talk yourself out of it once they have the proof. It's not like you can convince a judge that you were NOT drunk when they have 2 forms of evidence.

You'll be lucky if you keep your job though. Your insurance is about to jump through the roof assuming they don't kick you off it
>>
>>35289436
>several bad nonalcohol related experiences with police
>literally afraid to drive if I've had even a sip of beer
Well I may be an alcoholic but at least I'll never get fucked up and drive
>>
>>35290646
What state are you in? DUIs and their punishments vary greatly per state. Mine was one of the stricter states so I got fucked pretty good (Not literally though)
>>
>>35290350
>tfw gotten arrested for larceny 3 times and got it dismissed each time

Feels good being white and actually knowing how to play the court.

Every time I'm in there I see poorly dressed black people talking slang to the judge and shit like that, then they wonder why they're treated differently. Like, have some self awareness man. Take a shower and put on a nice shirt, you don't have to suck his cock but at least be polite and professional. He'll treat you so much better if he thinks you're a decent person with a future not some trashy degenerate that needs discipline.
>>
>>35289830
Do you have any recollection of even getting into your car and deciding to drive, or were you completely blacked out?

I like to drink, but sometimes I worry of what I might do if I black out. It really scares the shit out of me.
>>
>>35290729
Pennsylvania. Things got pretty tight recently in regards to duis. >>35290769
I'm a colored fellow, but an honorary white guy. You think I'll be okay?
>>
>>35290816
I threatened someone with a gun while i was black out and don't remember any of it. Got me 6 months in rehab and 5 yrs probation
>>
>>35290816
I explicitly had one objective; go to the store and go home. I was on my way home and spontaneously went the long way instead of going straight home. Worst choice of the day.
>>
File: Capture.png (26KB, 765x327px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
26KB, 765x327px
>>35290852

Well google is saying your punishment won't be THAT bad (for the DUI) but seeing how you damaged someone else's property they're probably hitting you with more charges than just a DUI (reckless driving, speeding, etc) which can compile up

Your insurance will still jump up (A LOT), and you'll have a DUI (among other charges) on your criminal record.

Your job will probably fire you too.
>>
>>35291070
I'm not happy regardless
>>
>>35290852
Have you ever been to court before? I went for the first time when I was in high school, as part of a class on government and it was a valuable lesson. I'd recommend sitting in on a court session to anyone, it's boring as fuck but also interesting in its own way.

Judges normally see tons and tons of shit, like any job where you deal with criminals on a daily basis. They see lots of trashy people and repeat offenders, some of them really make you wonder what the fuck is wrong with people. Like, people who've been in and out of the system their whole life. So, they usually have a soft spot for first-time offenders. They want you to reform and never show up in their court room again. Dress nice, wear a dress shirt or suit and tie if you have one, maybe even consider hiring a lawyer although that may be overkill. If you're a student or you're employed even better, those things legitimize you as a productive member of society. The idea is to show them that you're taking it seriously. You know you fucked up, you deeply regret your mistakes, and you'll never do it again. That's the kind of attitude to have, even if you don't mean it. Especially since nobody got hurt and you didn't damage anyone else's property they'll probably go easy on you. They have a wide range of judgement and circumstances make all the difference. DUI seems more serious but like I said in my case the charges were always dismissed after completing 20-40 hours of community service. As in case closed, files sealed, never happened, doesn't show up on a background check or nothin.
>>
>>35291274
>As in case closed, files sealed, never happened, doesn't show up on a background check or nothin.

I'm having serious doubt believing this. When you complete your punishment the charge gets annotated with "dismissed" but I've never once heard of it just getting sealed unless you were a minor or petitioned to get it sealed
>>
>>35291341
It happened to my friend in Florida for marijuana possession, paraphernalia, and battery on an officer cause he had a damn good lawyer. He got the possession and battery charges dropped as part of a plea then had the paraphernalia charge dropped after community service and rehab
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.