[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm looking into becoming a full time security guard, anyone

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: Security_Guards_complete.jpg (339KB, 1345x803px) Image search: [Google]
Security_Guards_complete.jpg
339KB, 1345x803px
I'm looking into becoming a full time security guard, anyone have any experience? Is it as comfy as it sounds or am I in for a shock?
>>
>>35288616
Super fucking comfy if you do nights.
My 12 hour shift consists of probably 90 minutes of walking and five minutes of picking up a phone.

Rest of the time I shitpost, read and play nintendo.
>>
If you do, get one where you can wield a gun
>>
File: sad frog32.png (8KB, 450x401px) Image search: [Google]
sad frog32.png
8KB, 450x401px
>>35289069
That sounds amazing desu. I'm so sick of the corporate grind, especially as a guy who's not very social.
>>
>>35289105
I'm in the UK and unless i'm on an anti muslim patrol in London or something I wont get a gun (besides im looking for something like a night shift at a facility).

>>35289069
Man that's great... I saw this video and couldn't help but feel it was a comfy job https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5-a9bnETDY

Here in the UK i'm going to apply for a 'Door Supervisor' (which is basically a bouncer) because apparently employers are less likely to hire people with regular security guard training. That's kinda annoying because I imagine most of the people im training with will be the turbo normie bouncer types.

What was it like where you are? Is it hard to find full time work, do you usually need prior experience? Pls respond
>>
>>35290447
I too have a door supervisors licence but I don't really use that portion of it.
The week course was uneventful.
Basically what I did was: stepdad knew a guy running a family business, I asked to join up and was fortunate to do so when Boss man wanted two guys to do a new shift.

Jobs like these are typically: show up, take some keys off the day shift guy, then walk around at random intervals in the rain, pick up a telephone and say a couple of sentences, and just mess around for the rest of the night. Then hand the keys to the day shift guy in the morning.
Other miscellaneous duties include moving paper around.

Amazingly most employers don't care for experience because it's braindead work and turnover is quite high as people rapidly farm enough easy dosh to get a better qualification and go elsewhere.

Really is the most robotic, social averse job avaliable, plenty of wandering around in the dark, minimal human contact. Can't recommend it enough.
>>
Hey, catch me later, I'll buy you a beer.
>>
>>35290632
Nice, are you from the UK? Do you know from other people if its fairly easy to find work? Thanks for the advice :)
>>
>>35290716
Seems easy enough. I'm in cornwall, so if there's jobs here there's jobs anywhere.
>>
>>35291305
nice i'll be searching in Wiltshire pretty soon. What kind of facility do you guard?
>>
>>35291305
Also, do night shifts get to your head? I'm hearing these people saying it is really bad for their mental state. How do you cope with the night shifts?
>>
>>35291399
Right now, a power station.
Before this I was on a construction yard for roadworks.

>>35292182
I dunno, I like it. I get to see all the bunny rabbits and owls. Feel the wind on my face. Look up and see the galaxy.
Sleeping through daylight and noise can be a bit of a pain though.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.