[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how to deal with fact that you'll eventually die and everything

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

File: photo_2017-01-26_21-17-53.jpg (13KB, 250x188px) Image search: [Google]
photo_2017-01-26_21-17-53.jpg
13KB, 250x188px
how to deal with fact that you'll eventually die and everything you did was pointless
>>
>>ignorance is bliss
thats how it is done
>>
>>35287353
how do i do it lad
>>
> fact

citation required
>>
>>35287324
>it's pointless because it doesn't remain static for eternity
>>
>>35287324
By realizing that i should not worry about things that are beyond my control. The only thing that matters in this life, is that you create a legacy worth remembering.

Noone remembers a coward.
>>
>>35287324

Ignore it. Next question.
>>
>>35287526
It's become an obsessive thought
>>
>>35287441
I met a traveller from an antique land
Who said: "Two vast and trunkless legs of stone
Stand in the desert . . . Near them, on the sand,
Half sunk, a shattered visage lies, whose frown,
And wrinkled lip, and sneer of cold command,
Tell that its sculptor well those passions read
Which yet survive, stamped on these lifeless things,
The hand that mocked them, and the heart that fed:
And on the pedestal these words appear:
'My name is Ozymandias, king of kings:
Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!'
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away."

Original
>>
>>35287324
By not being a total bitch and leaving something behind. Of course for someone as self centered as your average robot this is literally mumbo jumbo, so carry on, wallow in that despair and self pity.
>>
>tfw normies force the "muh legacy" meme.

>tfw life will extinguish on the pathetic little satellite of a dying sun, and no one will know humankind existed in what is but a momentary spark in the grand flow of time.
>>
>>35287909
>WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH I AM NOT IMMORTAL
>WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH THERE ARE NO GUARANTEES IN LIFE
>WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH I AM NOT SPECIAL HERO
Literally 5 year old.
>>
>>35287948
These are all things to be legitimately sad about, anon
>>
>>35287964
Do you spend your life moping about the dinosaurs being extinct? Do you spend your life moping about the unknown planet that used to have life on it somewhere random in the vast universe?

No? Probably because it doesn't matter at all, right?
>>
>>35287324
There's no way to know if it's all pointless or not so you should just deal with the situation.
>>
>>35287656
>babby's first pome

oh look it's fucking amateur hour at pretentious poetry open mic night.

pls leave.
>>
>>35288013
Actually I do m8o
Don't be presumptuous
>>
>>35288039
Well good luck with all that then. Have fun. I mean, be miserable.
>>
>>35287324
>how to deal with fact that you'll eventually die and everything you did was pointless

Doesn't matter, Zoot lives nonetheless.

>Death to the fucking Mall Rats!
>>
>>35287324

>eventually
geh no
>>
>>35288102
What does that even mean m8o
>>
Bretty comfy, to be honest. I can say that I did live a hedonistic life, but there's nothing wrong with that. There's nothing wrong with wanting to feel happy when you're on your own.

I spent my days in my apartment, usually sleeping, usually wasting time shitposting and browsing around. But it made me laugh a lot. It made me smile a lot. I spent all my time in my apartment alone, but still felt like I was with friends the whole time.

We come and go, that's okay.
>>
>>35288036
It's a famous poem, a bit hackneyed, but i still like it.
>>
>>35287324
If you want to triggers anons, go ask this on /pol/. Stuff like that usually makes the board implode.
>>
>>35287948
Nigger, if I would have thought like that when I was 5 I would have anhero'd at 12 years old.
>>
>>35288415
Its not my fault you are psychologically weak.
I had fits of uncontrollable crying and absolute despair when i realized that we will all die and "nothing matters" when i was 5.

I struggled to cope with that fact for most of my life.

When i was like 19 i felt like i was having heart attack or some shit because i had panic attack thinking about death and literally COULD NOT catch a breath, i thought i was going to suffocate.

But i got over it or rather accepted it. You should too.
>>
>>35287324
Would it not be worse if what you did did matter and you failed at what you are supposed to do?
>>
>>35288550
Not him btw (the anon you were talking previously too before my "nigger" comment) but when I was 5 I was just a dumb fucking kid playing with my toys, not being an edgy little fucker. Kek
>>
>>35288566
This
I think the real problem is that we're in a twilight zone of not knowing
>>
>>35288566
I pray to my yidam for advice. Helps.
>>
>>35288655
I played with toys too mate. Unless i was busy having existentialist crisis.
>>
>>35287324
>how to deal with fact that you'll eventually die and everything you did was pointless

There's nothing to "deal with", that's just the way things are.

It's like asking, "How do you deal with the fact that the Earth is covered in dirt?".
>>
>none of y'all niggas every watched The Tribe
PRAISE ZOOT
>>
>>35287324
That's why I became a NEET. Everything I do can't be pointless if I don't do anything.
>>
File: 79a.png (23KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
79a.png
23KB, 640x480px
>>35288719
>Unless i was busy having existentialist crisis.
>having an existential crisis with 5
>>
>>35288840
Oh i am sorry, did my wondering nature and mind searching for meaning offend you?

Write down the things you are supposed to be doing and thinking about in certain age to be considered normal.
T. a cuck
>>
>>35288903
Damn nigger, chillax.
>>
>>35289012
You are under 20, right? Possibly even under 18 years of age. Not dissing, just saying it how it is.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.