[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lately I've seen more and more doors that lead outside in

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: door.jpg (230KB, 1716x859px) Image search: [Google]
door.jpg
230KB, 1716x859px
Lately I've seen more and more doors that lead outside in old barn buildings.
What do they mean?
>>
>>35286692
>What do they mean?

That we live in the matrix
>>
>>35286692
Bump because I've been curious about this since elementary school
>>
>>35286692
>What do they mean?
They're fire escapes
>>
>>35286692
i think they would use like, ropes and wooden cranes to pull bales of hay and shit up to the second floor for storage or whatever with these doors, pretty sure that's what they're for
>>
What?

The door in the pic is to load shit into the upstairs.

In barns its to put hay in the hayloft.
>>
>>35286692
Its probably easier to get heavy things off of the second floor that way.

For example, maybe bales of hay are stored on the second floor, and instead of rolling them downstairs they just chuck them onto the wagon or whatever waiting outside from the second floor.
>>
>>35286692
based on my reading of old-timey fiction, aren't those where they store the hay?

from looking around, i think it was used to bring the hay up to the hayloft area. look up "hayloft" and "hay elevator."
>>
>>35286755
Exactly what they're for, good job
>>
File: 1454090650788.jpg (980KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1454090650788.jpg
980KB, 1920x1080px
>>35286755
This. the door/window would open up and a wooden beam with block and tackle (this is a pulley system would extend out a bit. This allowed the household or vendor below to have barrels or crates of goods to be delivered to their doorstep and easily loaded into the second floor. If you don't have a basement, that's where you'd put your surplus goods.

That looks like a bakery or cooking school. They'd purchase 500lb barrels of flour often enough to need a location with a 2nd floor swing arm crane and block and tackle. The block and tackle would allow just one average man to pull up a 500lb barrel with ease.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.