[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw made $2000 overnight with passive investments while browsing

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6

File: 1458788379816.jpg (5KB, 166x199px) Image search: [Google]
1458788379816.jpg
5KB, 166x199px
>tfw made $2000 overnight with passive investments while browsing /r9k/

how many hours do wagecucks have to work for this amount of money?
>>
Nice, how did you do it?

For hours, assuming you make say 100k per year, that's a whole week of effort.
>>
>>35279294
I have investments with my bank and they must have gone particularly well.
>>
>>35279366
Excellent. Did you sell or are you hanging in there?
>>
>>35279366
>not being able to tell us what your invested in
>bank ETF's general do not yield that kind of overnight return unless you are already invested in a couple hundred K.

so mummy and daddy set up your brokerage account huh
>>
File: 1487982351381.jpg (34KB, 440x476px) Image search: [Google]
1487982351381.jpg
34KB, 440x476px
>>35279134

you realise everyone will call bullshit until you post proof right, because apparently you don't realise how interest works?

Even then, if you got that kind of money via interest, it wasn't through your own achievement but your rich parents.

You are nothing but a bottom of the barrel NEET without them.
>>
>>35279424
Don't listen to the haterade, op. You did good. And since when is a couple of grand an unbelievable amount?
>>
>>35279394
I don't know, I'm just shown the value of the investment.

>>35279401
>>35279424
It's an index fund.
I never claimed to have achieved anything. I'm not playing daytrading or even know the specifics of the funds.
>>
>>35279134
And the Queen gets to wear a big crown and live in a Palace.

The point is some people are born with more fortune than others and this isn't new or interesting.
>>
>>35279503
Ok so if you didn't specifically sell, then you're letting it ride. That's good. Keep shoveling as much as you can into it.

Just try to find out what the expense ratio is for it. If it's a good fund, it should be pretty low.
>>
>>35279503
What Index fund, may I ask?
>>
>>35279575
All you need to know is that it's an excellent and safe way to invest in the stock market, especially for beginners. Kind of like a bank account on steroids
>>
File: 1487727643248.png (177KB, 436x361px) Image search: [Google]
1487727643248.png
177KB, 436x361px
Is spartan man from yesterday's wagecuck/retirement thread here? I looked at those Alabama homes and it sounds too good to be true. Are they just trying to dodge taxes? How does a turnkey real estate company work exactly?
>>
>>35279616
I'm aware what's an index fund, I was asking which one or in which market you're invested.
>>
>>35279655

VWO, you can't beat it. Just put everything in it.
>>
>>35279672
I'm already invested, but appreciate it.
>>
>>35279651
Yep, I'm here. Turnkey companies in general are not a tax dodge or anything like that, the practice is legal. I can't comment on ALL companies, though. You have to do your due diligence, though. If you read in their website, spartan will buy the home back from you if you're not satisfied after one year. That's pretty solid, I think, though I haven't invested with them yet.

The way turnkeys make their money is by buying rehab deals at below market, fixing them up and selling them to you for a profit. They know (or are supposed to know) the best places to buy, so you use their experience to get a solidly performing property. You do pay more than if you were to go to the city, do all of the investigation yourself, hire the contractors, and all that, but to me, the time savings is worth it.

I'll post a few links to other companies in a bit.
>>
>>35279744
Here are a few links to others:

www.memphisinvest.com - I think these guys are the largest turnkey company and I think are considered the gold standard. You do pay more for their homes but they are very solid, IMHO. They are in TN and TX.

www.columbusturnkeyhouses.com - There are a lot of companies in Ohio and other rust belt states, this is one of them. I'm not sure about that area, though, so I haven't done anything there

www.spartaninvest.com - that's the one I shared with you before. I spoke to the guy that runs it, Clayton, and he is basically modeling his business after memphisinvest.

Basically, with this type of investment, though, your first consideration shouldn't be the area. It should be because the company is solid and has good customer ratings.
>>
File: 1487367000884.png (185KB, 693x662px) Image search: [Google]
1487367000884.png
185KB, 693x662px
>>35279881

Thank you very much. That was my first time hearing of it. It seems risky but the numbers they threw out were attractive, and 1 year buyback guarantee is nice. I figure worst case scenario I have to live in Alabama or Memphis after kicking the tenant out, I'm already in SE US and want to stay.

I thought it might be something like they wanted to be slumlords but get around penalties for owning lots of buildings. Like managing many properties but for taxation purposes it's the investors who own them. I guess there's no reason that's a bad thing though.

I should be starting my career to the tune of ~70k and already live cheap as hell. It's an interesting way to diversify my portfolio and build credit at least.
>>
File: 1405359001256.jpg (25KB, 400x386px) Image search: [Google]
1405359001256.jpg
25KB, 400x386px
>>35279424
Look at this ragie wagie and laugh at his butthurt.
>>
>>35280416
For me, RE has been my primary investment source and it's been really good. But, the prices have come up since the big downturn, so the returns are lower than what I had before.

So I've been diversifying into alternatives like RE notes and a bit of index fund stuff. I just don't like index funds, though, since the cashflow is really bad
>>
File: firefox_2017-03-04_08-43-53.png (3KB, 262x100px) Image search: [Google]
firefox_2017-03-04_08-43-53.png
3KB, 262x100px
>>35279672
VWO is fuckin gay. Where do you think self driving cars are going to be invented? Anywhere but america? America is number 1.
>>
>>35279672

If that's the one OP had I gather it went up 0.85% last trading hours. That'd mean he's got something like $240k invested.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.