[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>take out loan to go to college >class is somehow scary

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

File: 0.png (218KB, 500x623px) Image search: [Google]
0.png
218KB, 500x623px
>take out loan to go to college
>class is somehow scary and boring, feel like I'm slowly dying everytime from anxiety
>on days off can't think of anything but the horror of having to go back there, of having to ride the bus
>stop going to class
>need to pay back loans if aren't enrolled for classes
>take out loans to enroll for another semester
>repeat for 5 years
>owe the government 30,000$
Anyone else know this feel? I've begun to think I'm subconsciously destroying my life to finally convince myself of suicide. It seems like a better idea with every new and horrible day.
>>
>>35279043

Did you graduate?
I'm currently $35K in the shit and I haven't passed a class for 2 years.
3 semesters left on my EE degree but I just can't seem to care.

At first I was flunking out b/c of addiction, anxiety, depression, &c. the stuff you describe. Then I went through a phase where I unironically wanted to kill myself and stopped caring about everything. Now I never suffer from anxiety at all but on the other hand I'm dead inside, gg brain.
>>
>>35279043
Not really. You should go see a therapist. Where I live, both college and health care is free, so I can't really relate to you.

Your first priority should be defeating your social anxiety and self improving. Try going to the gym, jogging outside etc, interact more and more with people around you, even if you have to experiment.

But yeah, I'm not a therapist so I shouldn't really be giving this kind of advice. Hope it works out for you my friend
>>
File: anYm57z_700b_v1.jpg (67KB, 400x575px)
anYm57z_700b_v1.jpg
67KB, 400x575px
>tfw when my goverment pays for allmost all my college.
>life is good
>>
>>35279227
>3 semesters left on my EE degree
man did you chose a bad time to get this major
>>
Dude i know where your at you need to deal with your mental problem. Either research how the brain works and deals with emotion and or go see a shrink. I was like 100k in debt with a wicked drinking problem and dope. Took me 11 years to graduate. Even had to threaten legal action against the school to graduate me. Were all fucked but its alright just stop resisting the matrix.
>>
I find it weird that more robots don't talk about their student loans, aren't you guys American? This shit keeps me up at night.
>>
>>35279043
How the fuck can you be scared of getting on the bus, or sitting in a class?
>>
>>35280219
well due to my loans I pretty much cant live on my own at my current wage so living with parents .
>>
File: 7Y5E0gQ.jpg (74KB, 635x634px)
7Y5E0gQ.jpg
74KB, 635x634px
>>35280232
can't help it being around others makes me super uncomfortable and I start sweating like crazy and get pains in my chest

I can to class or on the bus sometimes but it's fucking painful and so hard and the idea of doing it daily is just too much
>>
>>35280886
get medicated or something
>>
>>35279043
I decided fuck college when professors yelled at me for forgetting a notebook

Suck my cock I pay your salary with my future and I can't be in an environment where I can't tell fuck you and storm out
>>
>>35280035
Holy shit 95k for a 4 year degree? Why do other 4 year degrees pay like half that. I wanted to be in business but that looks fucking useless.
>>
>>35281307
>Holy shit 95k for a 4 year degree?
thats not an entry level salary anon, its the median of all the people who actual become electrical engineers,
>>
>>35279043
if you didn't complete the semester, you can have the loan cancelled. But it sounds like it's too late for that, you idiot.
>>
>>35281433
the silver lining is that as long as you stay NEET and don't make any income your loan payment will be $0 on an income-based plan.
>>
>>35281365
Isn't it still way lower
>>
>>35281433
If you cancel the loan then you owe money to the school. There's no difference.
>>
>>35281586
not if you withdrawal before the end of the semester
source: did it twice
>>
>>35281612
Well certainly doesn't work that way at my school, the withdrawal period is super early, only a few days after the start in fact...
>>
>>35281625
it's different if you are withdrawing for medical reasons such as a mental health issue, like the OP
>>
>>35281655
>anxiety/depression
>a real mental illness
top kek anon

oregano
>>
>>35281667
what you consider to be a real mental illness is completely irrelevant to what the higher education system considers a mental illness
>>
>>35281739
>Ramapo College of New Jersey RCNJ students may apply for a Medical Leave of Absence MLOA from the College for reasons of physical or psychological illnesses. Students must withdrawal from all registered courses under this policy. The grade for each course will be recorded as W on the student's transcript. There will be no refund for a MLOA after college refund deadlines.
Nah. College is a scam, they want your money, you don't get it back even if you're a sperg.
>>
File: 1484913795583.jpg (42KB, 614x344px)
1484913795583.jpg
42KB, 614x344px
>>35280307
can't you repay them at a rate proportional to your income?
>tfw anxiety building up just like interest
>>
>>35281837
the policy appears to differ from school to school, so I guess I can only speak to my experience at 2 different private universities. It sounds like the OP didn't even make an attempt though.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.