[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>ask for actual help on losing weight >someone starts spouting

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 183
Thread images: 31

File: 1488601912352.jpg (71KB, 747x754px) Image search: [Google]
1488601912352.jpg
71KB, 747x754px
>ask for actual help on losing weight
>someone starts spouting useless memes like...

>protein
>calories in calories out
>lifting
>cardio
>carbs
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ketosis
https://authoritynutrition.com/ketogenic-diet-101/

Not a meme, you can eat as much as you want just need to avoid carbs. Eat as much fat and protein as you wish just no more liquid jew, no more fried potato jew, and no more desserts.
>>
>>35275922
Alright here's the SUPER SECRET: eat foods that are water-dense. No bread or dry food. Water has zero (0) calories and if it is the primary constituent of a food then that food wil have a lot less energy but still be filling.

If you eat to stimulate your taste buds try spicing low calories foods the way you would high calorie foods and use more spices in general. Spices add flavor without really contributing to nutritional value.
>>
File: IMG_3522.jpg (52KB, 460x345px)
IMG_3522.jpg
52KB, 460x345px
>>35275922
I've recently been getting water bottles and putting them in the freezer for about 40mins. They turn into a slushy and I feel like I'm eating ice cream :-) ~
>>
The real secret is to fight your battles at the grocery store and NEVER eat out. Don't trust yourself. We both know we're pieces of shit. Buy keto at the store (low to no carbs) and make do. On a heavy protein / diet it's extremely difficult to overeat. The food just doesn't travel fast enough through the gut.

Avoid parties, avoid going out to eat with people. We're on /r9k/ so I figure this should not be difficult.

Hardest part is buying your own food when you're living at home and they buy raw garbage.
>>
Eat chicken and brown rice with vegetables for every meal, drink a shit ton of water ever day and lift some fucking weights. It's really not that difficult, I've lost about 70lbs and counting so far soon I will be Chad mode. No one else is going to do it for you.
>>
Get worms.
Get a liver disease.
>>
>>35276009
>>35276182
>keto

oh boy another memediet
>>
>>35275922
Here's one you maybe havent' heard before:

Go to bed.

That's it. Just go to bed at a reasonable time. I am assuming since you are making a post on this site at what is a late hour in the western hemisphere you are usually saying up late at night. This causes you to eat poorly because most people don't cook at night, and because you end up not getting enough sleep due to the need to get up earlier during the day. And you don't get much sunlight.

Go to bed and you will be able to get up and do more during the day. You'll be active, and you'll be able to cook and eat healthier. You won't have as much of a reason to just sit in front of your computer all the time.
>>
>>35276590
And late night snacking is the reason for a lot of white gain since you sleep after eating without burning any calories
>>
>>35276520
prove it wrong
protip: you can't
>>35276590
I haven't slept well since kindergarten and am 26... my thoughts and random noises keep me up for hours, because I'm an anxious fuck. no, fapping doesn't help.
>>
>>35276590
Holy shit this one is so true. Super easy to lose weight on this- no cravings, strong will, high energy.

Going to bed on time takes discipline too though but you will feel much better for it.
>>
File: EyeToy_Play.jpg (62KB, 354x500px)
EyeToy_Play.jpg
62KB, 354x500px
You want some actual advice?
Buy a playstation and this game and play it for atleast 2 hours a day.

Maybe there is a newer one of it's kind out there or a Wii Sports game might also do the trick.

good luck anon.
>>
I recently heard of a good technique to start with. Restrict your eating to a 12 hour period. 10 hours is the most optimal. Its also good to fast before your first meal(only consume water before then, no tea or coffee). I'm up at 6, eat at 10, and 10-12 hours later is when I'll eat my last bit of food. Apparently this helps burn fat and you get more lean muscle or whatever. I only just started but it seems to be working for me.
Excercising during the fast helps with some things too but I can't remember all the sciency mumbo jumbo involved.
>>
File: charls roid face.jpg (38KB, 485x481px)
charls roid face.jpg
38KB, 485x481px
>>35275922
>mfw fatties think there's some magic bullet to getting and staying slim that requires little effort

You're never gonna make it.
>>
>>35276953
>mfw thin privilege normies think they actually work to stay thin instead of just being that way due to their genes

you'll never understand our pain
>>
>>35276977

>Muh 3000 calories of genes
>>
>>35276977
nice ORIGINAL bait nigger
>>
>fatties want advice
>fatties receive advice
>OMG I DON'T WANT TO ACTUALLY DO SOMETHING
>>
File: 1488295794181.jpg (11KB, 480x480px)
1488295794181.jpg
11KB, 480x480px
>useless memes

u gonna die fat OP
>>
>>35275922
Oh the humanity. God forbid you actually have to watch what you eat.
>>
>>35276647

but that's wrong

just count calories idiots

literally all that matters is your caloric deficit over the course of a month. for each 3.5k deficit, you lose a pound of bodyfat

that's it
>>
How fat are you OP?

Shockingly not original
>>
>>35276744
>I haven't slept well since kindergarten and am 26... my thoughts and random noises keep me up for hours

I have the same issue but I just had to force it. It took a couple of months before I started to be able to do it naturally.

Then a serious illness came along and fucked that all up. But while it lasted I saw good improvements in my life.
>>
>>35277315
5'6", 190 pounds (86kg)
>>
>>35276977
> thin privilege
stay fat faggot
>>
Let Dr. Rudi help you with this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-jy3OtZAss
>>
File: 1379365234190.png (149KB, 300x309px)
1379365234190.png
149KB, 300x309px
>>35275922
>ask for actual help on losing weight
>someone starts spouting useless memes like...

>protein
>lifting
>cardio
>carbs

This has to be bait. You can't be this absolutely retarded.
Oh who the fuck am I kidding, we both know the reason you're saying those are memes
Let me guess, you asked fit and those were the responses you got?
Pro tip:It's because that's actual advice
Let's go through this one by one in accordance to loosing weight
>protein
Not necessary, but it helps to keep what little muscle you have while you TRY to loose weight
>Caloris in calories out
THIS IS HOW YOU LOOSE WEIGHT
Your body CANNOT stay fat if you eat at a deficit
You CAN'T stay 250+ lbs if you're actually eating 1500 calories a day even if you do absolutely no exercise
>lifting
Helps burn calories, but admittingly I personally don't see it as required to loose weight
>Cardio
Keeping an active heart rate for more than 15 minutes straight is what I define as cardio, so no walking 2 miles in 30 minutes bullshit
After 15 minutes you'll be actively burning fat, not an incredible amount, but enough that if you consistently do so the fat will begin to disappear
>Carbs
Has an affect, but ultimately if we're talk JUST about weight than cals in and out are more important
>>
>>35277369
>some thin genes normie that can't even use lose and loose right thinks he can mouth off at me

lmao
>>
Cheeseburgers. Cheeseburgers. Cheeseburgers. Cheeseburgers. Cheeseburgers. Cheeseburgers. Cheeseburgers. Cheeseburgers. Cheeseburgers. Cheeseburgers. Cheeseburgers. Cheeseburgers.
>>
>>35277391
Thin genes, nigga at my max I was 298 lbs
I'm 198 now you shit fuck cock sucking trash eating human waste
And yes, I'm angry because YOU'RE THE ONLY THING STANDING IN YOUR WAY TO LOOSE WEIGHT
>>
Faggot what answers would you actually accept?
>>
>>35275922
Get depressed and eat just once a day like me and become skeltal.
>>
>>35275922
>help me lose weight but don't you dare make me do shit that makes me lose weight or I'll cry

Kill yourself, you retarded sack of lard.
>>
>>35276590
How can you control when to sleep? I just go to bed whenever I'm tired.
>>
>>35275922
calories in calories out faggot

no excuses

t. guy who lost 120lbs in 2 years with a crippled thyroid (hashis)
>>
File: 1482402365485.jpg (36KB, 400x386px)
1482402365485.jpg
36KB, 400x386px
>>35275922
Unironically this. When I asked for advice I meant stuff like low cal recipes that doesn't taste like shit and doesn't take two hours to make. The principles are completely fucking useless (and misleading on top of that, e.g. calories in calories out) without practical instructions.
>>
>>35277508
>>35277369
>>35277337
>>35277279
>>35277257
See >>35277586

Original etc. etc.
>>
>>35276520
It just werks. Originally too.
>>
>>35275922

Calories in calories out isn't a meme you delusional lard ball.
>>
File: 1387279705022.jpg (489KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1387279705022.jpg
489KB, 1920x1200px
>>35277586
YOU, you stupid little piece of Sub-robot GARBAGE
I HATE you!
Cals in and out IS THE ANSWER
You don't NEED recipes
I could drink NOTHING but shamrock shakes and tendies and STILL LOSE WEIGHT
If you keep it under your daily allowed calories for matinance YOU WILL LOSE WEIGHT
It may not be healthy if you do like my example, but it WILL work
>>
>>35277706
>hurr cals in cals out who cares about adopting a sustainable healthy lifestyle I succeeded on eating big macs everyday I swear!
found the fatty
>>
>>35277586
>When I asked for advice I meant stuff like low cal recipes that doesn't taste like shit and doesn't take two hours to make.

Eat less
>>
>>35277741
>>35277706
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17212793

How will /fit/ ever recover?
>>
>>35277740
I don't eat like that, I'm just trying to elaborate to HIM how easy losing weight is
Keeping it off is another matter
>>
>not fried chicken breasts and broccoli

There you go. Here's your practicality.

Fucking idiots.

>have the greatest library in human history at his fingertips
>use it to whine, masturbate and play exclusively
>>
>>35277771
It initiates meal consumption anon
You know how to fight urges to snack because of this?
Focus your autism to a rigid set schedule for eating
It can be anything you want to eat as long as it's below your tedee
>>
>>35277586
>>35277627

>The principles are completely fucking useless (and misleading on top of that, e.g. calories in calories out) without practical instructions.
It's very simple
Find your height, age and gender.
Find the wt you want to be
Find the calories you need to eat to maintain (Or MAINTENANCE) that wt
That's calories in calories out

Sometimes cooking takes time, deal with it you lazy fucking shit pile, prepping a lot of food might cut that down sometimes. For the most part cooking will typically take 5m~2hrs.

You need to do some of this yourself you fat waste of space. Try eggs with slices of tomato chunks in it. Not from a can, a real fucking tomato
>>35277740
No one said anything about adopting a healthy life style.
>>
>>35277792
I tried "eating less" for two weeks. No snacks. A meal typically consisted of a bowl of rice and Chinese cabbage and celery and tofu. I learned to control cravings and that was about it. Weight remained the same as when it began.

>inb4 hurr durr you must've not listed everything you've eaten
Whatever. Don't care to convince you.

>>35277864
>It initiates meal consumption anon
No it doesn't idiot. It's obvious you read (and misinterpreted) only the abstract.

>>35277866
>It's very simple
>Find your height, age and gender.
>Find the wt you want to be
>Find the calories you need to eat to maintain (Or MAINTENANCE) that wt
>That's calories in calories out
And that, my retard, is EXACTLY what I mean by misleading.
>>
>>35277892
Two weeks?
TWO FUCKING WEEKS!?!
IT TAKES MORE THAN TWO WEEKS TO SEE RESULTS IF YOU DON'T THROUGHLY EXERCISE!
DID YOU EXERCISE A LITTLE EVERYDAY?!
How big were the portions anon?
Did you only drink water?
Why you eat shitty food?
There are many questions I have
>>
>>35277892

I don't know your initial diet, but I doubt you would have lost much beyond a pound a week with that. So your weight remaining the same could simply be a matter of you weighing yourself before you took a shit.
>>
>>35277892
How is it misleading you fucking over weight pant load?
Too busy eating and you need this spoon fed too?
https://health.gov/dietaryguidelines/2015/guidelines/appendix-2/
https://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm

Small portions throughout the day, biggest one in the morning.
>>
>>35277941
Fuck off. Two weeks are way more than enough time to notice a trend. Yes I did only drink water. I should tell you that I literally had nothing in the house since I just moved in and couldn't cook at home and walked to my grandma's house for food, who basically made most food from whatever was growing in her gardens.

Also what the fuck do you mean by "thoroughly exercise"?

>>35277970
Nope. Out of all the scales I owned none showed a difference between before taking a shit and after. I weighed myself in the mornings.

>>35278022
>How is it misleading you fucking over weight pant load?
Because it gives the impression that the human body is a perfect thermodynamic engine you fucking twit?
>>
>>35277892
>No snacks. A meal typically consisted of a bowl of rice and Chinese cabbage and celery and tofu.
I don't believe you.
Will take you about a month and a half to begin noticing real results, and you typically shouldn't eat like shit.
Because that sounds fuk awful.
>>
>>35278039
It's not perfect but it's very basic functions are pretty irrefutable. Unless you have some kind of fatty fatty boom ba latty medical condition. And an inability to put down the fork isn't one.

You didn't even look at the links I posted, you just want to be fat and act like you tried.
>>
>>35278042
>it takes a month and a half to lose any noticeable weight
wowow
>>
>>35278077
I didn't say that, I said to see results.
It varies from person to person and if they're actually dedicated. It's why I leave the window so wide.

Honestly it should just take a week, but most fatties can't commit to save their life.
>>
>>35277586
c a l o r i e s (in)
c a l o r i e s (out)

That is all you need. You can eat whatever you want so long as you're eating at a deficit of your current weight, or just eat 1200-1300 a day like I did and lost weight even with a crippled thyroid. Didn't work out, didn't change my lifestyle, just ate less than I need, slept a lot and slowly, when I felt like it, switched all the shit to decent food.

There is no trick, no drug, no genetic excuse, it's simple equation as do you prefer the suffering of being a fat, ugly prick and dying before 50 to being a decent weight?

Do you prefer the pleasure in those moments of eating shit to the shame and depression of being fat?

One day I said no, this food doesn't taste as good as the amount I suffer from eating it and from that day on I lost all the weight.

I'm actually slightly skeletal right now, used to be 265lbs! Now 132lbs

Also stop blaming others, it's your fault.
>>
>>35278039
>Two weeks to notice a trend
Oh wow ok sure
That's great anon, I'll be sure to tell every fat person I see from now on that if you don't see results in two weeks, just stop
All those body builders?
Two and a half weeks
Takes some real dedication
I myself could only manage a week and a half before I caved
Those guys are inhuman
I HATE YOU
LOSING WEIGHT TAKES MONTHS TO YEARS TO DO
>Exercise throughly?
It's recommended that people be activery for an hour a day
BUT if you were a fat fuck like I was, it needs to be REAL exercise
You need to be RUNNING, lifting, doing bodyweight workouts, ANYTHING to keep your heart rate active for at least an hour or it doesn't matter
The only results you'll see will be slow and not noticable, but they will be results
>>
>>35278039
Stop bullshitting, roastie.

You ate more than your cut. No one believes your bullshit. You don't believe your bullshit. I don't believe your bullshit.

You ate more than your maintenance and that's why nothing happened. Simple as that. You snacked, had junk food, had treats, your grandma cooks shit meals full of processed, fatty ingredients, whatever it is you cheated or you fucked up, stop blathering absolute shit.

Inb4 blubba blubba blub blub
No. You put on weight or didn't change weight. That is the proof you are bullshitting. Don't bother blubbing you fool.

inb4 o ur mean this is why im fat
you're fat because you like the cake more than you like self control
>>
>>35278125
>tries to use building muscle as an analogy to losing weight
lmao
>>
>>35278039

You'd need to have an extremely stable life to be able to notice a loss of two pounds of body fat. I have lost up to 2kg through sweat alone, so there's a ton of factors that could have hid the weight loss.

That said, rice is a pretty poor choice for a diet. I don't know how big your bowls are, but a decent sized bowl can easily hold 600 calories. Three meals a day gives you the recommended intake for a manlet. That's why people eat so much rice in Asia -- it's an incredibly cheap way to meet your energy needs. What's worse is that it's extremely poor in everything but calories, so not only are you not losing weight as quickly as you should, but you also run the risk of malnutrition.

Try a diet of meat, dairy, and vegetables. And count your fucking calories. Don't eyeball it, because fatties are notoriously bad at that. Weigh your food before you eat it.
>>
>>35278146
>That is the proof you are bullshitting
No. That is the proof YOU are bullshitting. Except you're too stupid to realize what you're talking about is bullshit.
>>
>>35275922
You want to lose weight? Calcium and vitamin d. Look it up it's the cure to obesity
>>
>>35278160
>no u r bullshitting even though I'm claiming to deny the function of energy in/energy out ratios.

call up the government and tell them you've solved their energy needs for the rest of time, you fat fuck

No one believes you. You don't even believe you.
>>
>>35276182
>Hardest part is buying your own food when you're living at home and they buy raw garbage.
this
living with my family i might as well just be eating hot garbage straight from the dumpster every night
the only way for me to lose weight is to simply not eat very much
>>
>>35278147
Here's a (you)
End yourself or stop talking you fat piece of shit
>>
>>35278188
>the only way for me to lose weight is to simply not eat very much
All you need to do desu. You can still eat shit so long as it's less than your maintenance of shit per day (keep an eye on fat)
>>
File: download (6).jpg (8KB, 225x225px)
download (6).jpg
8KB, 225x225px
>>35277892
>I tried "eating less" for two weeks. No snacks. A meal typically consisted of a bowl of rice and Chinese cabbage and celery and tofu.
>>
>>35278188
It's really strange to complain about such a thing but living with my mom contributes so much to my shit diet.

She keeps the house stocked with soda, cheetos, oreos or other cookies and junk food like that. I keep away from most of it and haven't had soda in years but God damn it's just sitting there tempting me every day.

What sucks is that i know I'd never buy this stuff myself but i can't stop her. And there's no way I can complain about it.
>hey mom can you stop buying food for us to eat?
>>
>>35278366
Oh, I complain to my parents about the garbage they buy all the time. But I can't stop them, these are the things they like to eat. My brother asks me to buy him a soda every single time we go to the store.

The funny thing is how my dad complains about how fat he's gotten in his old age, and he wants to "lose weight," but he won't hesitate to wolf down potato chips or donuts whenever we have them, and he makes regular visits to fast food places in lieu of us actually cooking meals because my alcoholic mother can't be fucked to cook.

I am certain if I was able to buy and cook all my own meals for the past three years, I'd be 40 pounds lighter right now.
>>
>>35278416
Show them how much cheaper it can be to make a decent meal. My family is Iranian and some of our best tasting meals are cheap, basic ass stew dishes that are great as leftovers. Make a big batch of khoreshte lubia sabz

http://www.thepersianpot.com/recipe/khorake-loobia-sabz-green-bean-stew/

Here's a random recipe I found, I would cut the meat into smaller cubes though that shit looks huge
>>
File: 765645.jpg (761KB, 1280x960px)
765645.jpg
761KB, 1280x960px
>>35277586
I'll give you some practical advice that actually works:

The first step to loosing weight is to cut particular food groups out of your diet that you know are bad.

1) Stop buying, stop drinking, any kind of sugary drinks. Fruit juice, cola, lemonade. Add beer to that as well. Only drink water.

2) No more icecream. Should be a birthday treat.

3) No more sugary biscuits.

Do that to start off with and straight away you are cutting calories out of your diet. It will force you to find alternative foods. I guarantee you that you will replace some bad food with more bad foods, but gradually over time your diet will improve and you will be overall eating healthier foods.
>>
>>35275922
Liposuction. Running. Lifting. Counting calories. Biking. Mountain climbing.
>>
>>35275922
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aYg9cA2BVk
>>
I was going to say that you should start doing exercise, but I see that you're a lazy fuck

So just become bulimic or anorexic,it would destroy your self-steem and end up killing you
but you're going to lose weight
>>
>>35278039
>Because it gives the impression that the human body is a perfect thermodynamic engine you fucking twit?
The human body IS a perfect thermodynamic engine, you moron. Like every single system, it's 100% described by the first law of thermodynamics:

dU = dQ - dW

Change in internal energy
= energy intake
- work done

Guess how the above correspond to energy in fat stores, calories eaten, and calories burnt. Go on, take a guess.
>>
Calories in calories out isn't a meme though, it's literally how the damn thing works. Eat 1200 calories per day and you'll lose weight without even needing to exercise. It's how I did it.

Now if you want to get muscles then it's different, but just losing weight is as simple as don't eat more than your body uses.
>>
>>35278528
>1) Stop buying, stop drinking, any kind of sugary drinks. Fruit juice, cola, lemonade. Add beer to that as well. Only drink water.
>
>2) No more icecream. Should be a birthday treat.
>
>3) No more sugary biscuits.
Actually I don't do any of these. Like at all.
>>
>>35278749
>The human body IS a perfect thermodynamic engine
Which is why every single human being on this earth has the exact same metabolism, right?
>>
>>35278794

Every single human being on this Earth will lose weight if he eats less than his metabolism requires.
>>
>>35278812
How's that relevant to what I said?
>>
>>35278599
>just become a mental illness bro!
>>
>>35276520
>implying you need to do Keto you big fat fuck
HINT literally eat around 1500 calories and actually read what you're putting in your fat fucking mouth hole you DUMB child
>>
>>35278794
M-m-muh metabolism. Fuck off with that, I hate fat fucks blaming everything on metabolism. Genetic differences account for about 15lbs of weight at most.

The reason you're fat isn't your metabolism, it's either because you overeat, you eat calorie-dense things without realizing, or because you don't know what a normal portion size looks like.
>>
File: mfw.jpg (88KB, 500x667px)
mfw.jpg
88KB, 500x667px
>>35275922
Now anon im not fat, but i eat like shit and i dont work out so i really have no place to say this but, you are a fucking fat slob that is thinking of excuses to not get healthier.
Seriously you are trying to get validation from a bunch of other fat lazy slobs.
Are you autistic?
CARDIO AND LIFTING, something strong men have done to get more healthy and strong for thousands of years is a meme?
What the hell is this post?
>>
>>35278816
No matter how much fatlogic you try to apply, you can't break the laws of thermodynamics.
>>
>>35278816

Calories in, calories out.

I'm not sure where the confusion is. Are you, or are you not suggesting that it is possible to eat less than you use and not lose weight?
>>
>>35278794
Where does this follow from what I said? Did I at ANY point say that "metabolism" (dW in this equation) has to remain constant?

Think, my friend, think. There is no "perfect" machine in the sense that it's 100% efficient (converting all energy input into work), but you can PERFECTLY describe any system (yes, including the human body) as a black box following the first law of thermodynamics. Sure, you lose a lot of details (in this case, most importantly, nutrition), but it gives you a sanity check, namely: eat less than you burn to lose weight, more to gain weight. Any theory that doesn't conform to that (i.e. "I eat nothing and I still gain weight!") is bullshit.
>>
>>35278818
op already said that doesn't want the healthy and good ol way
he only wants to lose weigth
well
there you go, you will lose weigth and even more
>>
>>35278839
>Genetic differences account for about 15lbs of weight at most.
[citation needed]

>>35278843
>>35278844
Answer the question, faggot.

>>35278848
If it's a perfect engine then it'd be easy to determine how much energy it expends, right?
>>
>>35278861
But it is: Basic metabolic + energy expenditure on movement.
>>
>>35278876
Basal metabolic rate*
>>
>>35278861
>If it's a perfect engine then it'd be easy to determine how much energy it expends, right?
Once more, you're missing the entire point and the sense that "perfect" is used here. EVERYTHING is perfectly described by the first law of thermodynamics because the first law of thermodynamics is just energy conservation. It has nothing to do with how easy it is to figure out how much energy it takes to run a system. Besides, it is easy to determine how much energy it expends. You can google any TDEE calculator and it will give you an astoundingly good estimate of how many kcal you burn per diem.
>>
>>35278861
It doesn't even look like you want to lose weight. What is it, do you want to lose weight or do you just want reassurance that it's totally impossible and you shouldn't try, because that's how it looks like with you going all "b-b-but metabolism!!!". It's not impossible and you can do it, but it doesn't seem like you want to.
>>
Basics:
>Take in less calories than you actually spend a day/week/month
>work out to increase how much calories you spend

These 2 rules are where you start, at your own pace, not hard to do, only hard to get a grip of at first and not falling off the wagon once you fuck up once.
Inherently this means you can have 5 low calorie meals a day or 2 normal meals as long as they stay under the calories

Advanced:
>The type of foods you take in
>Lifting to decrease muscle loss while you go down

This is recommended once you get a good hang of the basics and feel a need of a more optimized way of eating and working out, requires

More advanced:
>Micro management of food

This is more of a hobby that people get a hold of, in some cases it's just placebo

I was 140Kg last summer around the end of July, I am 105Kg now. I stayed on the basics for the first 3 months, then I invested more emotional effort into an advanced diet. 20Kg left for my target weight. I go to the gym 6 times a week.
>>
>>35278843
Thermodynamics only applies within an isolated system
>>
>>35275922
What kind of autism goes behind the making of these threads?
>>
>>35276152
this is a very wholesome post
>>
>>35279096
Nope. Thermodynamics applies to every system in equilibrium. You may be thinking about the second law of thermodynamics.
>>
Do you really want to lose weight. Eat one, (1), uno, can of tuna a day and a apple. Drink only water and walk a lot. With the low calorie diet you will feel like shit everyday but you will lose weight fast as fuck. Be careful though it is a really risky diet due to malnutrition and perhaps mercury poisoning.
>>
>>35275922
Forget about that shit, just aim to be fit. Your body can't put on weight when it has to adapt to physical activity.
>>
>>35275922
not sure how much help this will be, but ive lost a bunch of weight doing this.

eat one meal a day, and start running.

seriously, thats what ive been doing, and i've lost 1/7 of my body weight
>>
>>35275922
eat less
comment not original so I don't know why you haven't lost weight yet
>>
>>35275922
Alot of water and some cardio, you dont have to go beast mode in a day take your time I know its hard anon but you can do it. I was a fat fuck when I was a kid now im a true skelly faggot pic related
>>
>guys I can't lose weight !
>get bariatric surgery
>magically start losing weight
stop stuffing your fatass
>>
File: er5768567456.png (123KB, 785x757px)
er5768567456.png
123KB, 785x757px
>>35279256
>omg i cant lose weight
>nothing works
>does no exercise
>ever

everytime
>>
File: 1423339808755.gif (2MB, 272x355px)
1423339808755.gif
2MB, 272x355px
>>35275922
most people will never be able to bring up the discipline to lose weight, stay fat fagget
>>
after seeing your general attitude ITT i'm glad that you're fat and miserable OP.
>>
File: 1486943627199.png (117KB, 372x351px)
1486943627199.png
117KB, 372x351px
>>35279284
god damn i would not hesitate to falcon punch you in the ovaries if I ever saw you walking around.
>>
>>35275922
Eat nothing like 4-5 hours before you go to sleep, drink only water and alot of it. Do some light exercises. Try to eat more protein and less carbs. Try to sleep only with a thin blanked, you will get used to it.
>>
>>35275922
>>calories in calories out
>meme
It's literally the only non-meme way to lose weight
>>
>>35276977
Sure lad "thin privilge and genetics"
>>
>>35275922
I lost around 20 kg and going down, in a steady pace. So here's the idea:

>do not avoid ALL food you like all of a sudden, you will only crave for it and give in
>do not start running all of a sudden, your knees will be fucked up and you will be depressed, tired and give up

Start with eating whatever you want, just make sure you eat 10-20% less calories as before. So if you're a fat ass and eat 4000 calories, eat 3500 calories and then 3000 and so on when your stomach gets smaller.

Then you don't need to stop eating sugar, but try to avoid it as much as possible. One candy bar per day will be fine for starters (250 calories or so), but then try to eat less and less of it or none at all. I love soda, but replace standard with diet (no calories or sugar). People will say it's unhealthy still, and it's not really healthy but will not affect your weight.

Also take walks every day for 30 minutes and increase them. Walk to your job or school or if you are NEET go around the house a few times. Just move a bit.

After you are comfortable with all of that you will start seeing results in a few months. That should boost your morale to maybe start lifting small weights at home for 15 minutes. Buy like 3-4 kg weights and use them each day to do a few exercises. Increase time and number of them in time.

It will take a year or two, depending on your weight, but it's not that bad and doesn't require much exercise.
>>
>>35279378
Why wth
>>
>>35275922
EAT LESS
A
T

L
E
S
S

originalo fat fuck
>>
>>35278832
That's not how long term weightloss works. If it was that easy you could just live off 1500 calories of milk or alcohol a day. Stop pretending you have any idea of what you're talking about.
>>
>>35280661
id love to see someone live off only 1500 cals of alcohol
>>
>fat fuck tells me CICO is false, it's all his genetics
>take him up on it
>tell him I'm going to start counting his calories
>he starts eating less
>in a month, he loses 5 lbs
Nah, you fat fucks just eat too much. I was that guy who could "eat a lot but not gain a lb." That was until I actually counted my calories and foud out i was only eating at my TDEE.
>>
maybe fat people are just too stupid, that's why they're fat?
maybe they just don't understand the concept of eating too much = you get fat.
>>
>>35280672
>1500 calories in alcohol
Enjoy your Wernicke's syndrome.
>>
>>35276009
>you can eat as much as you want
are you retarded?
you have to count calories on keto
>>
>>35280661
You could literally diet by drinking 1500 calories of milk a day. Calories in calories out is not a meme, it's physics.
>>
>>35280760
t. Delusional fit fag. No wonder you have no friends. You all need to shut the fuck up
>>
File: 1.jpg (122KB, 1673x317px)
1.jpg
122KB, 1673x317px
posting god tier advice but it may be too advanced for r9k
>>
File: 2.jpg (180KB, 1681x345px)
2.jpg
180KB, 1681x345px
here is the second image
>>
File: 3.jpg (109KB, 1687x503px)
3.jpg
109KB, 1687x503px
third image out of four total
>>
>>35280785
If you eat 0 calories per day, would you lose weight?
>>
File: 4.jpg (96KB, 1687x310px)
4.jpg
96KB, 1687x310px
the final image
>>
>>35280760
It's time to stop posting about science, anon.
>>
>>35280760
stop being a jackass, seriously. even if your information is true, it's misleading and non-sense.
like if you diet off of 1500 cal of milk you're going to have liquid shit and your stomach will be so base you'll be throwing up before bedtime.
>>
File: 1481570414211.jpg (26KB, 593x449px)
1481570414211.jpg
26KB, 593x449px
>reading these threads after losing 30-ish kilograms this past year

Goddamn I love looking down on you lazy pieces of shit. If I'd known it was going to be this good I would have done it a lot sooner.

Actual advice: you're at fucking war with yourself. Foster your self-hatred into positive momentum, go for fucking walks before eating, do pushups, fucking exhaust yourself. You'll even start to enjoy vidya and weebshit more as a result. Things will be fun again. Also, get rid of your scales. Do not track your progress, just stick to the fucking plan you set for yourself. Check your weight after a month if you want, but don't obsess over checking your weight too much because it will only discourage you.
>>
>>35280811
Well obviously it would be unpleasant, but the point is that you would lose weight. Of course most people would prefer to eat 1500 calories of solid food.
>>
>>35280836
yeah you lose weight and become nutrient deficient because imbalanced diet.
it's a bad idea through and through and a MOOT point, because no one will ever do it.
>>
>>35280785
>>35280811
>bodybuilders have literally done this just to prove fatfucks wrong
>they succeeded and fatfucks got asspained about it
You are not a special snowflake. You cannot create energy out of nowhere.
>>
File: 1481711478469.jpg (76KB, 1024x576px)
1481711478469.jpg
76KB, 1024x576px
Another piece of advice: Tendies are surprisingly low in caloric content. Look for a pack with the lowest amount, and just live off of one of those for every two days. With exercise, you'll be able to maintain 1500cal a day no problem, even less.
>>
>>35280859
>the only time anyone will do that is only as an experiment to prove someone wrong
ironic because literally only special snowflakes have and will ever diet off of pure milk.

i'm not saying you're wrong, i'm saying you're a dipshit, difference.
>>
>>35280859
People are calling you retarded because you have an obvious lack of knowledge about nutrition. You literally believe it's all calories in calories out, ignoring hormones, macro/micronutrients, metabolism, etc.
>>
>>35280833
I lost like 35 kgs and I agree with you, it is really nice. Especially when you see somebody after a while and they're like "wow, you lost a lot of weight".
>>
>>35280887
For weight thats all that matters
Hormones, macros and metabolism just affect the number
>>
>>35280850
It's meant to illustrate the point that the best way to lose weight is to FUCKING EAT LESS because it really doesn't matter what you eat as long as you don't exceed your daily calorie expenditure. Sure some foods might not be as nutritious, some might leave you feeling hungry, etc, but the human body is durable and you'll make it regardless.
>>
File: 1488413280370.jpg (173KB, 936x650px)
1488413280370.jpg
173KB, 936x650px
Can you not slander us fats please
I am losing weight
>>
>>35280901
>For weight thats all that matters
Again, showing your complete and utter lack of understanding when it comes to nutrition.

>Hormones, macros and metabolism just affect the number
What does "affect the number" mean? Would you mind explaining it in more detail?
>>
HERES A FUCKING ACTUAL TIP FOR LOSING WEIGHT YOU STUPID FAT SHIT, EAT LESS.

>OH NO BUT I FEEL WEAK AND HUNGRY I MUST HAVE THESE MAC BURGERS

OF COURSE YOU WILL FEEL FUCKING SHITTY BECAUSE YOU REQUIRE A HIGHER AMOUNT OF FOOD TO KEEP UP YOUR CURRENT WEIGHT YOU FAT SHIT JUST ENDURE IT.
>>
>>35280887
>CICO
It is for weight.

>hormones
E.g. you have hypothyroidism, your TDEE is going to be lower. Still CICO

>metabolism
The heavier you are, the energy you need to maintain it, thus higher TDEE. Still comes nack to CICO. People who eat clean and right actually do get all their micros and macros. Shit isn't that hard.
>>
>>35280908
eating less isn't the best way for people who are already fat to lose weight.

what they should do, is eat the exact same amount, change what they're eating and add in exercise everyday.

fat people have a food addiction, you can't just tell them to eat less.
they need a proactive model that promotes exercise.
switch out their starch carbs with whole grain, switch out their sugar with fibre, etc, etc.

you made a point, it's just the wrong point to make.
>>
>>35280917
Where does your body magically get this energy from to keep you fat if you're not eating it then?
>>
>>35276884
fucking throwback right there
>>
>>35280937
>HERES A FUCKING ACTUAL TIP FOR LOSING WEIGHT YOU STUPID FAT SHIT, EAT LESS.

>>35280908
>the best way to lose weight is to FUCKING EAT LESS
That's wrong though. The best way to lose weight is to eat better. If you eat lots of proteins and lipids you'll naturally get full well before you take in too many calories and your body isn't releasing hormones causing you to get urges to eat.

>it really doesn't matter what you eat
Don't go full retard.

>Sure some foods might not be as nutritious, some might leave you feeling hungry, etc, but the human body is durable and you'll make it regardless.
You won't make it. You'll eventually give up and regain all the weight back because you keep eating shitty foods and practicing shitty eating habits. Ever hear the term "Yo-you diet"?

>>35280947
>It is for weight.
No, it's the mechanism through which weight loss happens. As a diet by itself it's idiotic. If you're doing things right you shouldn't even have to count calories to lose and then, more importantly, maintain your weight.

>E.g. you have hypothyroidism, your TDEE is going to be lower. Still CICO
Do you think your body only releases hormones if you're ill? I don't understand what you're trying to get at.

>People who eat clean and right actually do get all their micros and macros. Shit isn't that hard.
People who eat clean and right aren't fat. So you acknowledge that eating right is way more important that calories in calories out, but you think it shouldn't be told to fat people? Why?
>>
>>35280978
>fat people have a food addiction, you can't just tell them to eat less.
That's where you're wrong. I lost 70lbs by just eating less, and I keep it off by the same method. If I start getting fat, I cut my calorie intake. It's fucking easy.
>>
>>35280978

Problem is when these fat fucks exercise they end up justifying eating more food and then they come to the conclusion after a few months that

>exercise didn't help because I did not lose weight.

And they continue being fat fucks until another weight loss trend promising an easy way out catches their eye.
>>
>>35280983
Why are you asking such a stupid question? Do you really not know what I'm getting at when I mention nutrition? Do you know how your body signals to your brain that it's hungry? How about the various ways macronutrients fill you up and keep you full? How about calorie density? You keep talking about physics, but we're talking about chemistry. Just stop.
>>
>>35280996
>I got BTFO, better switch to "eating clean" argument instead.
People who eat clean eat at less calories from the start. This is what we've been trying to tell you from the start.
>>
>>35281027
When your body says "i'm hungry", just tell it "shut up". Problem solved.
>>
>>35281027
So essentially, you have no willpower and cant cut yourself off once you've had enough so you decided that nobody does
>>
>>35280996

>>it really doesn't matter what you eat
Don't go full retard.

This is actually interesting because I have a friend who is a literal stickman and he mostly eats pizza, pastries and pasta.

Wonder how his body ignores most of the crap he is eating.

Then again he also goes through periods where he doesn't even eat for a day or two.
>>
>>35281052

And this is the actual issue with weightloss no one talks about.
Being fat is an addiction. It takes a lot of willpower to get rid of any addiction.
>>
>>35281007
i was wrong about you, not wrong about a lot of people. it's gay that i even have to say this.

>>35281008
that's why you weigh your food out. i mean a lot of it is self control.
>>
>>35281008
Why do you so aggressively talk about something that you clearly know nothing about?
You realize a large meal is around 1000 calories, right? You'd have to ride a bicycle for 4 hours to lose those kinds of calories, and that's assuming you're constantly going at a brisk pace, which I doubt you could even do.

>>35281046
>People who eat clean eat at less calories from the start.
Yes, because of the way different nutrients affect your body.

>This is what we've been trying to tell you from the start.
And you keep willfully ignoring everything but calories in calories out, which isn't even a diet and has been shown consistently to be an awful way to lose *and maintain* weight. You aren't giving any advice or helping anyone out by mentioning the physics of weight loss. It implies you can simply take in 1600 calories of anything and you'll be okay, which is completely wrong. You'd feel extremely hungry and give in or at the worst get sick or even die.

>>35281048
You'll give up eventually. Again, that just leads to yoyo diets.

>>35281052
No, I'm calling you an idiot because you have no idea about nutrition while acting like you do. I could give you lots of citations on why you're wrong if you'd like. Here, I'll just give one source that has a bunch of citations even.
https://authoritynutrition.com/debunking-the-calorie-myth/
If you blow this link off you're just proving you're an ignorant shit poster.

>>35281063
>Then again he also goes through periods where he doesn't even eat for a day or two.
That's why.
>>
>>35280864
Even lower are unbreaded oven turkey tendies.

TURKEY BREASTS FOREVER, YOU FOOLS
>>
So I've lost a lot of weight over the past year. I've been on a continuous cut nonstop and have lost 100 lbs.

The problem is, I must have reached starvation mode because my body slammed on the brakes and I haven't lost a pound in 2 months.

I'm guessing it's because I was eating approx. 1200-1300 calories a day, and that was way too little. I'm doing a "refeed" now and then planning on going back on keto.

I'm still fat, need to lose 50 more lbs. What should I be cutting at, and how much cardio should I be doing? Obviously I can't do a 1000+ calorie deficit anymore.
>>
>>35281501
unles you are 5 % bf your body doesn't get into starvation mode
>>
>>35281192
Listen here, man. Every nutrition advice that you give FOR LOSING WEIGHT boils down to "eat less". A good diet does two things:

1) Ensures your body gets as much energy as it needs (which may be less than you burn for cutting)
2) Ensures your body gets a good macro/micronutrient ratio.

That link you posted even conradicts the notion that "calories don't matter":

>If we take in more energy (calories) than we expend, we gain weight. If we expend more energy than we take in, we lose weight. This is an unbreakable law of physics and isn't even debatable.

And then it proceeds to jump through hoops to support its thesis statement:

>Saying that weight gain is caused by excess calories is true, but meaningless. It tells you nothing about the actual cause.

It absolutely is not meaningless. You get excess calories because you eat too much, period. Many people are not aware of how much they eat, and, yes, they might benefit by switching out the tendies with honey mustard sauce for turkey breast with salad. But if we talk about realistic goals? Everyone knows that fat people didn't get to being fat because they ate large quantities of good, wholesome food. Telling them to eat less of what they eat is a pretty good FIRST LINE strategy for them to lose weight, and the bottom line is, it works.
>>
>>35281652
Maybe starvation mode is the wrong term for it but my body has clearly adapted to how much I'm eating.

I keep very detailed caloric intake journals and even count calories from small stuff like lettuce/milk in my coffee, so I know how much I'm eating.
>>
>>35275922
1. Eat less.
2. ???
>>
>>35276182

lol I can eat 2000 calories of meat in a single meal without feeling full how will this help me
>>
>>35281671
Everything I said boils to to "eat right". If you eat right you NATURALLY eat less, which I've said multiple times now, which naturally leads to you taking in less calories which naturally makes you burn more energy than you take in which naturally makes you lose weight and then when you finally do get to a healthy weight you naturally stay around that weight, all because you ate good foods instead of shitty foods. Eating right is the most fundamental thing you can do for yourself in regards to nutrition. Everything else is a consequence of that.
>>
>>35281682
>Maybe starvation mode is the wrong term for it but my body has clearly adapted to how much I'm eating.
Yes, it's called "losing weight and having a lower metabolism."
>>
>>35281851
>Eating right is the most fundamental thing you can do for yourself in regards to nutrition.
And eating less is the most fundamental thing you can do for yourself in regards to losing weight.

I like the conversation we had, anon. Take it easy now.
>>
>>35276009
Carbs give you energy retard. If you eat 1200 calories a day you'll drop 1.5-2 pounds a week.

I don't know what else the fucking fatty in the op expects because that's literally all it comes down to. 1200-1500 calories and proper cardio you can be dropping 3 pounds a week.
>>
>>35277332
Lmfao im 5.6 and weight 120kg fuck off slim fag
>>
>>35282829
LOL you mad bro?
>>
Fat people wallow in self-pity just as much as women
>>
>>35275922
Start showering in cold water gain brown fat instead of normie fat
>>
I just started realizing that sugar is the Jews attack on our health and started avoiding it and processed food. Been loosing weight ever since.
>>
File: 111564564.png (71KB, 193x191px)
111564564.png
71KB, 193x191px
>>35275922
Get a machete and just start hacking off hunks of that body fat.
>>
File: 1435130479881.jpg (23KB, 217x377px)
1435130479881.jpg
23KB, 217x377px
>>35275922
>mfw gained 30lb last year from a sedetary uni lifestiye and became 250lb 6'1 fat piece of shit
>want to start eating better
>mfw look like shit so going to fitness is out of the question
>mfw don't have an oven in my dorm (only a ancient microwave) or 2+ hours per day to cook or mommy to make me soup
Please help, /fit/bots, tell me what to eat that doesn't require cooking- only 3-4 things I can just stuff in my mouth daily for 1400-1500 calories and get over with it. Like, you just go to the shop and buy them. Please.
>>
>>35283881
Eggs, meat, fat cream, almonds, veggies, a lot of water. Keto is easy.
>>
File: 1474166027969.jpg (27KB, 673x586px)
1474166027969.jpg
27KB, 673x586px
>>35276953
>mfw fatties think there's some magic bullet to getting and staying slim that requires little effort
>mfw friend is a lazy slob that eats greasy burgers 5 times a day, plays no sport or does no fitness and still stays "fit"
>meanwhile I have to bust my ass to stay below 200lb
Metabolism is not fair. Fucking fast-met normans just stroll through life, eating whatever they like, meanwhile I have to eat tasteless steamed vegetables or I start gaining.
>>
File: 1486488403085.jpg (8KB, 250x232px)
1486488403085.jpg
8KB, 250x232px
>>35284479
>Eggs, meat
How do I cook this stuff with a microwave, anon?
>>
>>35284535
cheeseburgers arent that bad for you.

if he had fries 5 times a day, and a big cup of coke 5 times a day... that'll getcha
>>
Those aren't memes fat ass.
The problem is that your dumb ass goes for a run once a week and expects to lose weight. It's a lifestyle change.
>>
>>35284593
>burgers aren't bad
I theory. When they contain oil-dripping fries, fried pork and generous amounts of mayo and ketchup, they are. The fucker has been taking 3k+ calories per day for years now and hasn't gained any weight whatsoever.
Thread posts: 183
Thread images: 31

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.