[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

'intelligent' people don't exist there is only

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: Hahndorf_bild.jpg (319KB, 1000x666px) Image search: [Google]
Hahndorf_bild.jpg
319KB, 1000x666px
'intelligent' people don't exist

there is only the motivated and the unmotivated
anyone can 'become intelligent' through sheer desire to better themselves
>>
I agree with you

But there IS a difference in starting intelligence. Mostly due to parental education (or lack of)
>>
>>35273807
That only has a slight influence.
I think a greater thing to be passed on is desire to achieve self improvement.

Most of my successful peers were not taught much by their parents, but focused well in school environments. Unless you live in a literal shithole, most teachers are actually reasonable, particularly if you show willingness to learn.
>>
>>35273875
School intelligence is completely different to real life intelligence tho

And school intelligence is also even more influenced by actual genes. If you can memorize shit and do as you're told you're golden for all of education

Real life intelligence is the one you can change.
>>
>>35273943
I don't mean memorisation though.
A couple of students and myself saw the maths teacher after class and got her to explain stuff because it was interesting. I had a basic understanding of year twelve physics in primary school.

My 'smart but lazy' peers were instead using their time playing computer games and throwing sticks at each other.
>>
>>35273781
False

Look at all the highly motivated, hard working idiots in this country. People with no adherence to reality, objectivity, or the scientific method.
>>
>>35274017
Smart but lazy people had no interest in a system that couldn't aid their intelligence, or water the seeds of their mind, as effectively as others.
>>
>>35273781
This is something morons say. Intelligence has zero correlation to success in a world run by dumbass sociopaths, where less than 1% of the population has a sapient thought cross their brains in a lifetime.
>>
>>35273781
Intelligence is definitely a thing.

Some people will try all their lives and never gain notable creativity, spontaneity, or abstract thinking abilities. Or if they do, they will have done so by mimicking someone else, basically if they are very mentally agile in a field, they didn't get there through thinking but by learning and copying, they heard arguments about something and "built" their opinion from that, but then if something new comes up, they can't process it intelligently if they haven't seen someone genuinely smart process it first.

Also, some people have poor memories all their lives.

One thing though is potential, there is such a thing as not been smart as you could have been because of bad parenting and of course bad nutrition. Nutrition has the same impact on height, there are some adults out there who are smaller than they would have been if raised by a family with a healthier diet.
>>
>>35273875

What do you consider a "literal shithole"? I feel pretty lucky being from the USA, and a nice family town in the midwest at that, and still most of the teachers were more focused on their divorces or their feuds or their own children or their diseases. Did you really have teachers you felt did a "good job"? What did that feel like?
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.