[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who in /therapy/ here? Has it been worth it? Have any breakthroughs?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

Who in /therapy/ here? Has it been worth it? Have any breakthroughs?

I just did an intake and already feel like I'm falling apart at the seams, and sort of fell in love with my therapist. Feel like I'm far more fucked up than I allowed myself to realize so I'm scared to go forward.
>>
>>35273374
i'm going to a therapist for the first time in years next week
male or female therapist OP?
>>
>>35273374
I've been seeing a psychologist for a while now

My last meeting she basically told methat she gives up on me

ITS BEEN FUCKING YEARS AND NOTHING'S CHANGED

maybe its my fault
>>
Psych is a meme. CBT is a joke. God help you if have a female provider.
>>
File: 1480961974197-r9k.jpg (390KB, 681x2401px) Image search: [Google]
1480961974197-r9k.jpg
390KB, 681x2401px
Therapists are literally people you pay to fake being your friend for a few hours. Don't let them rob you
>>
>>35273410
She's a young woman about my age (I'm 27). It's a fucked up situation. I was trying to get into group therapy and just thought she was doing a screening and she ended up talking to me for maybe 90 minutes over two days. I was kind of attracted to her and sort of flirted with her a little, not taking it that seriously, and then she says she is going to be my counselor. I said I'd have to think about it and now I just feel awful and confused about the whole thing.

I had planned on seeing a male therapist, but talking to her has fucked me up so much I almost want to pursue the issues talking to her has dragged up.
>>
>>35273374

>and sort of fell in love with my therapist

I picked a male therapist so that wouldn't happen, since I fall in love with any half attractive girl who is talking to me
>>
It actually did help me OP.

My therapist has a sliding scale so I only pay 25$ so it's nothing big.

She doesn't really give much input, but she helps me to talk things out about myself that I wouldn't have otherwise done.
>>
>>35273591
why'd those snaeks crowd around cold snaek
>>
>>35273591
it's okay, anon. i'm on medicaid
>>
>>35273637
They care for their snek brothers

>>35273656
They're still faking for a paycheck, not worth it to fund a disgusting practice
>>
>>35273600

Being attracted to a therapist is pretty normal, there is even a name for it (something transference)
>>
File: 1308079089001.png (218KB, 600x579px) Image search: [Google]
1308079089001.png
218KB, 600x579px
>>35273374

Usually people fall in love with their therapist because they represent a safe playground. They listen to you, don't criticize you and they help you to make questions that you couldn't elaborate otherwise and that feels cool. Only remember that your therapist is not your friend, that is not a relationship but they help you to get your shit together.

Keep going, be awake af. Carry out the tasks that the fucker prescribe you. And if both can't make agreements or the session become only a conversation with any sense, look for another professional. Good luck, OP.

>Be me, 29, therapist
>Be in therapy because you don't want to be a therapist and any try to change career would screw me and my family.
>>
File: inaudible screeching.jpg (28KB, 443x409px) Image search: [Google]
inaudible screeching.jpg
28KB, 443x409px
>>35273374
>focussing
>>
>>35273637
adaptive social behavior called altruism; it usually evolves in species when there is a good chance of reciprocation; the snakes help eachother because they expect if it happens to them, the others will help back

altruism is a very interesting behavior
>>
>>35273859
>the session become only a conversation with any sense
I've only had one therapist where this does not happen. So many therapists suck.
>>
>>35273918
If you've actually seen that doc, you would know that the cold male snake is just exuding female pheromones to attract other snakes to warm it up with precious body heat.
>>
>>35273859
Thanks for the advice, anon. I'll take this to heart
>>
>>35273994
ah, interesting, I just assumed altruism because that's basically the one thing I know ethology-wise, don't know much about snakes
>>
Did around 6 sessions over the course of 4-5 months. Didn't do much, only really made me realize how shitty my life was. Was diagnosed with Dysthimia mainly. I rationalize my own sadness and integrate it into my everyday life. If I suck at something, that becomes something completely normal and I will keep sucking at it.

Never took any medication for my situation. I had no health care so I was lynching off free therapy sessions from my mother's work privileges (she's a Royal Bank of Canada employee). I'm getting my health insurance in a few days, so I'll be able to get medication and all of that.

I don't know. I don't think you should consider that therapy has 'no effect' just because it didn't have any over people you talked to over the internet. Most people here rationalize their sadness and refuse to change.

Therapy begins with YOU. It doesn't start at the therapist, it starts on the inside. You need to be willing to change for the better without drastically and dramatically convincing yourself that you have been a victim of the terror of the past and blablabla, that creates a horrendous victim complex.
>>
File: 1486674557583.png (23KB, 489x423px) Image search: [Google]
1486674557583.png
23KB, 489x423px
>>35273374
I want to try it, but I've been depressed since I was thirteen and have had psychiatry, therapy, and a couple of involuntary commitments shoved down my throat up until I became a legal adult. None of it actually worked, in fact it made me even more depressed, angry, bitter, hateful, and suicidal. They cared more about feeling like they're accomplishing something rather than actually accomplishing something.

And it sucks because I still have issues that I can only do so much for by myself. I'm fucking DONE with all that bullshit but I don't know where to go from here.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.