[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>can't get a callback/interview whenever I put in job

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

File: 1467746625560.jpg (67KB, 730x438px) Image search: [Google]
1467746625560.jpg
67KB, 730x438px
>can't get a callback/interview whenever I put in job applications (even at walmart or a local pizza place)
>women literally ignore me or just view me as a non-person
>stuck living at home with my recently-widowed mother
>make $200/mo "under the table" through being my grandparents' home caregiver (even this might be ending soon)
Literally, figuratively, quintessentially, proverbially, literally

WHY

should I even keep trying
>>
>jobs dont want me
>women dont want me

stop acting like a loser/slob.
>>
>>35265833
>stop acting like a loser/slob.
But I don't.
>>
Where are you living geographically speaking OP?
>>
>>35265849

>if you had desirable physical/mental traits, people would want you.
>people dont want you
>therefore you dont have desirable physical/mental traits

modus tolens biatch

my guess is that your internal image of "not a loser/slab" doesnt coincides with society's. thats why your on /r9k/ with no job or gf
>>
>>35265907
West texas

>>35265918
By your logic, a schizophrenic should "just stop being schizophrenic" (r.e.: "undesirable mental traits").

I love how armchair psychologist pseuds like you are actually taken seriously outside the internet nowadays, too.
>>
>>35265935

yea except schizophrenia is a serious mental disorder that requires medication to treat.

you learning to adapt better to social norms does not.

the fact that wallyworld and the pizza joint down the road dont see any value in you should tell you everything you need to know.

the problem is that you dont want to make any real changes in your life. you come to r9k to seek out other losers who are in your same shoes, rather than spending that energy bettering yourself so that a year from now you wont have all the problems you have now.

oh well, i guess
>>
>>35266006
>the problem is that you dont want to make any real changes in your life.
Nice presumptuously crafted strawman but you're wrong.
>>
OP if there was a way I could help you I would.

Life is fucking brutal, and your resolve is tested more often than you like. All I hope is that you persist.
>>
File: mota_ru_0041606-1440x900.jpg (143KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
mota_ru_0041606-1440x900.jpg
143KB, 1440x900px
>>35265777
How old are you, Anon? Do you go to collage? In what kind of job are you interested in?
>>
>>35266170
Yes and my mom told me something similar recently since it's been ~4 months since my dad has passed but I still feel like there's really no point in "persisting" when any effort I put into something is effectively worthless or not good enough.

>>35266177
24 going on 25
no
I want to work with my hands
>>
>>35266203
I see that you are from Texas. Try to find if your federal state ( I'm from Europe btw.) offers some requalification programs for specific crafts.

You'll probably be send to school to have a 1 year of training and after that you can open your own workshop.

Ask around, Anon. I don't know about Texas and the USA in general but in Europe and Croatia, we have many requalification programs.
>>
>>35266030
You could be an ugly ass mother fucker with acne and a voice that sounds like dying rats and you can get a job at a pizza joint as a driver.

You must be absolutely insufferable to not even manage to get a job at walmart or the pizza place.

Do you wash? Can you construct a sentence? You have absolutely no excuse.
>>
doesnt texas have oil jobs? become a roughneck dude
>>
>>35265777
I know I'm Virginia we have this thing call Labor Ready. You fill out areas where you're good at, such as hospitality, construction, cooking, etc. then they find odd jobs for you to do. They probably have that in Texas but it probably has a different name. There's a specific name for this type of thing, if you could find it out they actually give you a website of other places that do this.
>>
File: 1486951615530.jpg (21KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1486951615530.jpg
21KB, 480x360px
>>35266339
Thanks for kicking me while I'm down anon, really appreciate it. Hope you got a nice little endorphin rush from making that post

>>35266290
>>35266361
Even if I did something like this, apparently I'm too autistic/ugly to attain the privilege of being employed. (regardless of the fact that I exercise/bathe/brush my teeth regularly)

I'm genuinely considering just killing time until my mom dies so I can commit suicide.
>>
how can your "personaity" show through your resume? They can't see you. Maybe if you get interviews it could be 1% your fault if they didn't just find someone with more experience.
>>
>>35266427
>how can your "personaity" show through your resume?
Apparently it does, according to this guy >>35266339

I just drop off the applications and never get a response/callback
>>
>>35266444
What do you have on your resume? How much work experience?
>>
>TFW can't get a job
>TFW live in borderline poverty.
>>
>>35266471
Nothing good/relevant.

~3 years work in restaurants/foodservice (not fast food)
~1.5y work at a call center taking incoming calls

and that's about it
>>
>>35266382
Think as a Europeans do.
Make you own business. And if you are not creditworthy, you CAN find a job, my friend, save money and open a business of your own.

An employer does not care how you look like, he/she only cares how good are you in your line of work.

Span out of your self-made dwell hole.

This is what you're gonna do. Tomorrow go to the Labour Exchange office ( I don't know if this the right term but I hope that you know what I mean) and ask around about some requalification programs that the state offers. Also, try to find craftsmen around your place and ask them what should you do to get in their line of business.
People like blacksmiths, turners, car mechanics/electricians, tinsmiths and so on.

There are many ways to get a job you like and make your own money.

But start doing that TOMORROW.

NOT next week, NOT next month, but TOMORROW.

Godspeed, Anon. Tell us how it went.
>>
All you can do is drop resumes.

People will act like it's your fault when it's the economy and job market that's all fucked up. I've seen teachers working at hardware stores instead of teaching, even educated people are doing the uneducated min wage jobs that people say no one wants.

The real problem with finding a job is for decades people just wanted to find a good one, and never invest in making their own business with what they made from those jobs. Big businesses don't want the competition anyway.
>>
>>35265777
>Can't get past the interview stage for a job because I'm socially retarded
>Can't get a gf because I'm ugly as sin (I have one eye higher than the other for fuck sake)
>Stuck living at home
>Make literally nothing
>Used to be my Grandads carer
>He died while I was looking after him

Fuck this life anon, fuck it so fucking hard. Jesus I wish I wasn't such a fucking pussy, I just want it all to end.
>>
>>35266669
>>Can't get past the interview stage for a job because I'm socially retarded
How many interviews have you been to?
>>
>>35266687
I don't know, a dozen something like that.
>>
>>35266669
Do you too start feeling like the "I'll kill myself once my family are all dead" plan is the only viable one left
>>
>>35266816
Yep. Although I'm starting to think the "once my family is dead" part is too far away.
>>
>>35266856
My extended family and I don't really give a shit about eachother and my grandparents are in their 80's. Just waiting for my mom to die is the long game, I guess.
>>
>>35266900
>Just waiting for my mom to die is the long game, I guess.

I have a brother and a niece and nephew, but fuck all of them. As soon as my parents kick the bucket I'm gone. But like I said, it's starting to feel like that will be too long of a wait.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.