[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I keep trying to start running but my lower legs are sore for

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

File: TCUZX5H.png (120KB, 500x654px) Image search: [Google]
TCUZX5H.png
120KB, 500x654px
I keep trying to start running but my lower legs are sore for DAYS after doing spurts of running for 30 seconds between fast walking, for half an hour at a time.

My legs have been killing me and I've been limping sijce Sunday.

How the fuck am I supposed to get in shape robots, I can't run often enough to get better at it because my legs don't recover.
>>
>>35265226
Have you been doing your stretches, Anon?
>>
>>35265241
N-No.. You mean stretching isn't just some dumb shit from gym class?
>>
>>35265284
You should warm up aka slow jog for a bout a mile and then stretch before you start your workout.

What's your diet like? The soreness you're feeling is good, it means you're building the muscle you need to get in shape. You should also alternate easy hard days and days off. After a hard "imma be sore af" kind of day you should go on an easy slower run for 2-3 miles or how ever long it needs to be. Doing a cool down right after each hard work out will also help get the lactic acid out of your legs.
I don't know what level you are at, but if you keep at it and have a not 100% shit diet, you will get in great shape in no time. The soreness is GOOD.
>>
Remember: Always stretch before and after exercise, and perform a warm-up and cool-down.
>>
>>35265433
Sorry for wording this so badly what I mean is warm up and cool down during each hard workout day. The day after your harder workouts you should have easy "recovery" days where you just jog a couple of miles.

I don't know what you're running now but throwing in some long run days would also help you depending on what you're running for. Like start at 5 miles if you consider that long and hopefully work your way up to7-10 miles for your long run day.

Give me an idea of what you want to get out of running and I can try to help you with a rough schedule
>>
>>35265433
I'm at complete beginner level.. The kinds of food I usually eat are eggs, vegetables, Greek yogurt, bran cereal, oatmeal, chicken breast, fruit (though eating less of it now), whey protein bars and supplements like Amazing Grass.

I do however eat like absolute shit when I go out with friends.. But that's at most once a week.

I just feel like there's no way I should be sore this long.
>>
>>35265226
Stretch and massage your muscles after exercise. Also make sure your diet is good. You need protein in order to recover properly. It is amazing how fucking shit you will feel without adequate nutrition to recover.
>>
>>35265510
I can't even run a mile, at least not without going back to fast walking.

What I want is just to have a nice boy for the first time in my life. I'm 5'10 and weigh 164 but my body is shit.. Had manboobs my entire life because I used to be much fatter. Was like 9lbs when I was born, 54lbs at 5, and at my worst was 237 at 14.

Just want to be able to do running, bodyweight exercises and martial arts on a regular basis but when I try to exercise I'm sore for way longer than I feel I should be.
>>
>>35265524

Sounds like you take care f yourself diet wise. I ate not nearly as good and still maintained 50-60miles a week.

>I just feel like there's no way I should be sore this long.

If you start doing short easy cooldowns within a half hour of your workouts you'll be amazed how much that helps push the lactic acid out of your legs. Same goes with easy days. If you can manage, just doing an easy paced 2-3 miles on some days will help you recover a ton too.
>>
>>35265591
Screencapping your posts, anons. Will definitely try the cooldowns, I mean, I've never done that.
>>
You're doing the right thing anon, stay determined.
>>
Well if that's the case start where you need to and slowly build up how far you go. Having days where you don't push yourself are just as important maybe do 2x800meters at a pace you feel comfortable at for an easy day.

What you're doing short spurts with walking in between is good for you, but I would also try to build up how far you can go without stopping (that will help you a whole lot more)

If you can do 1200meters or 3 laps without stopping then do that every other day for like a month and then try to bump it up another lap to a mile. Once you can do a mile non-stop bump it up again.

Also try "tempo" days where you go much shorter like 1 lap at a time, but at a faster pace than what you do a mile at. Set goals for times you want to hit and be realistic about how long it will take for you to get there.

Also eat eating healthy is great, but if you're not eating enough and still trying to exercise a ton you won't be helping yourself. Keep us updated, anon. I'm glad to see someone trying to improve themself.

What shoes are you using? Really do not be afraid to invest $100 in a comfortable pair of RUNNING shoes. I would also check out some videos on "correct running form" on YouTube or something. You can kill bad habits early; Making sure to not heel strike and having your hips pushed forward will help you not injure yourself along with warm up/cooldown.
>>
>do stretches
>do cooldowns
>massage your muscles

Be specific pls, google recommends a hundred different things.
>tfw too retarded for jogging
>>
>>35265226

just rest until you can run again and then run again. eventually the soreness will stop happening.

it's part of working out. when you exercise your muscles, they tissue gets microtears all over and needs to heal. it's how muscles get bigger, and why you get sore if you haven't worked out in a long time.

definitely stretch. I don't think a warm up or cool down is really that important. i've never done anything like that and I was able to get fit without any hassle.
>>
>>35265226
Hurts good don't it?
Take however much time you need to recover and then go again.
Shocking truth: your shitty trashball body needs a lot of time to get accustomed to strenous exercise, and the start is always like this.
>>
>decide to self-improve and lift weights
>work out for 15 minutes and never break a sweat
>chest / back sore, arms KILLING me for days
>work out again in exactly the same way
>0 soreness, feels like no effects at all

what the fuck is this
did i get fooled? is lifting weights a meme?
>>
>>35265921
You're no longer shocking your body by actually using it. Weights has it's place, but if you're trying to lose weight I do not think it's nearly as effective as running or just exercise is.
>>
>>35265968
Exercise doesn't seem to have much merit as a weight loss tool, the most you can realistically burn is a couple hundred calories a day. Much easier to make the deficit by eating less than it is by exercising more.
>>
>>35265226
Love this pic also try looking into the /fit/ wiki it's pretty gud if you want to get skinny you might as well get buff
>>
File: 1486372075400.png (648KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1486372075400.png
648KB, 800x1200px
>>35265226
post more hot feminine benis you faggot
>>
You might have normal DOMS in which case get over it pussy. But if you're sprinting cold then you also may have gotten some nice calf or Achilles tendinitis in which case stop immediately. You should be able to tell if it's a sore muscle or sore tendon. Either way stretch a lot and warm up before any exercise.
>>
>>35265996
>eating less
What you eat is more important than how much you have. People get fat because they eat badly and don't exercise. If you are working out 4-5 days a week you should be eating plenty of non shit food. The whole eat less meme is for people who can't change their diet (hey it's hard) but if you eat like OP then worry less about portions because it's not all processed shit
>>
File: [lewdness intensifies].gif (769KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
[lewdness intensifies].gif
769KB, 640x360px
>>35265226
>futa corrin
I never thought I'd see the day... welp time to fap
>>
>>35266069
>warm up before any exercise.
Stretching cold muscles is not good. At least waddle up and down the track a few times first.
>>
>>35265968
>Weights has it's place, but if you're trying to lose weight I do not think it's nearly as effective as running or just exercise is.
The purpose of lifting during a diet isn't mainly to burn calories (although that helps a bit.)

If you don't lift or do other kinds of whole body anaerobic exercise: you will end up losing muscle mass. Which will lower your TDEE or "metabolism," which leads to the yo-yo effect and looking skinnyfat ie. like shit even after you drop a bunch of weight.
>>
Just keep at it op. It's ok to run if your legs are kind of sore (if they're totally fucked don't do it). You can also swim or lift on your off days

>>35265996
Pussies who cant run more than three miles actually believe this
>>
File: 1409620255019.jpg (95KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
1409620255019.jpg
95KB, 640x1136px
>>35265968
Weight lifting can actually be more effective than running for weight loss (10,000 steps only burn 500 calories). That being said, the most effective way to lose weight is to reduce the amount of calories eaten.

Pic related: my body.
>>
Start slow. Most people make this mistake. Starting fast and trying for speed injures a lot of people. Don't do speed drills until you get up to doing 5km. Watch how you land. Don't run on your toes or heel strike. You'll screw up your knees and achilles tendon in no time by heel striking. It's why the "running ruins your knees" meme stays around because idiots continue to heel strike. Get a good pair of shoes. Be sure to do dynamic stretches proior to tunning and static stretches after running. Start lifting--lifting helps a lot in injury prevention.
>>
Are you trying to be a long-distance runner?
>>
>>35267246

how did you get such a low bodyfat %?

what is your diet? and workout
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.