[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>has oneitis (Jane Hallagher) >gets cucked by chad (Stradlater)

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: catcher-in-the-rye (1).jpg (371KB, 1089x1600px) Image search: [Google]
catcher-in-the-rye (1).jpg
371KB, 1089x1600px
>has oneitis (Jane Hallagher)
>gets cucked by chad (Stradlater)
>is a siscon
>has chances to lose virginity but doesn't because of autism

is Holden Caulfield /ourguy/?
>>
>>35265213
Yeah, he's equally whiny and annoying.
>>
>>35265213
He's always been our guy.
>>
>>35265213
Yes, that's why the majority of today's normie high schoolers hate him and the book.
>>
>>35265213
When I read this book in highschool, before I even found out about 4chan and /r9k/ (thus befire I even knew I was a robot) I felt a strong, strange connection to Holden from this book. I understand why now...
>>
>>35265352
same.

everyone else in my class kept saying he was a weird annoying faggot, but I really empathized with him. Catcher in the Rye was the only book I actually read in English class.
>>
>>35265213
I loved that book and Holden. I could really relate. Not wanting to grow up because childhood is pure and uncorrupted is pretty much my entire life.

Also, this quote from the book is pretty much 50's Chads and Stacies. And phonie is just another word for normie.

He would definitely be posting here.
>>
>>35266197
holy shit. Salinger was a fucking god. it's like he predicted /r9k/ being a thing 50 years before the Internet existed.
>>
>>35266197
as a non-native english reader, can someone explain this quote to me? thank you
>>
>>35267225
He's essentially moaning about chad and stacy
>>
>>35267225
Holdern is relating how sometimes, when he rides the night train, he can read shitty femfiction stories of dim witted women fawning over Chad. However most of the time reading these stories makes him feel ill.
>>
>>35265227
>whiney and annoying
i don't understand this meme at all. Most robots don't complain about their problems irl and usually are just quiet. Being whiney and bothering others with your problems is more of a normie thing
>>
>tfw you felt a strong connection with Holden
Really though I think Catcher in the Rye is /r9k/ the book. Some might try to say Holden is a normie, but he's an autist who keeps fucking things up and hates normies.
>>
>>35267937
Notes From Underground is /r9k/ the book
>>
>>35268017
I've heard that and I've been wanting to read it, just never got around to it.
>>
File: 1486868989692.jpg (345KB, 834x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1486868989692.jpg
345KB, 834x1200px
>>35265213
>Also likes to molest his imouto

Yeah hes OUR guys

> I gave her a pinch on the behind. It was sticking way out in the breeze, the way she was laying on her side.
>Then, all of a sudden, I started to cry. I couldn't help it. I did it so nobody could hear me, but I did it. It scared hell out of old Phoebe when I started doing it, and she came over and tried to make me stop, but once you get started, you can't just stop..
>I still couldn't stop for a long time. I thought I was going to choke to death or something. Boy, I scared hell out of poor old Phoebe. The damn window was open and everything, and I could feel her shivering and all
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.