[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>wagekek >save >invest After all this I have around

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

File: neetietick.jpg (88KB, 409x409px) Image search: [Google]
neetietick.jpg
88KB, 409x409px
>wagekek
>save
>invest

After all this I have around $200k. Yet, this is not even enough to retire on. Fuck this would. All I want is $1k a month from investments and then work w/e I want.
>>
>wagekek
>save about very small amounts
>get sick and miss work for a week
>pay expenses and only get half of my paycheck
>have to somehow make $54 dollars last me a week
yeah brah totally
>>
If you can't get $1k a month from $200k trading stocks, you're fucking retarded
>>
File: Thank you cucks.png (52KB, 406x380px) Image search: [Google]
Thank you cucks.png
52KB, 406x380px
How is your portfolio looking?

Assuming diverse mutual funds you should be able to retire now on $8k/yr. You're 66% of the way to your goal going by the Trinity Study and 4% rule. Not too shabby, the $200k will keep growing so the final 1/3 will not be as arduous as the first 2/3's. A 300k nestegg would make me nervous but it should be no problem if you only work part time to support yourself and have ~$12k in emergency funds I can't see any issue with an early retirement aside from a catastrophic accident or other misfortune like cancer.

Keep up the goodwork, you'll be neet master race soon. I'm currently feeling that strange mixture of impressed and envious.
>>
>>35260387
Yep, seconded. Keep up the good fight, anon. You will make it to those golden shores. One thing I'd look into is a rental property if you've only got index funds working. The thing I don't like about index funds is that the cash flow is very low. Whereas, supplementing it with a rental, you'll decrease your reliance on the market and decrease your overall withdrawal rate.
>>
File: 1484942397921.png (206KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1484942397921.png
206KB, 800x800px
>>35259978
Become a landlord, also check out Phil Pusteovsky on yt
>>
>>35259978
$200k

>All I want is $1k a month

All you need is a 6% ror. What's the issue?
>>
>>35259978

How is it $200k not enough you fucking jew!? I swear these fucking normies...
>>
W-wait

Won't 200 grand in the bank alone give you that much in interest?
>>
File: garden-city.jpg (255KB, 1100x700px) Image search: [Google]
garden-city.jpg
255KB, 1100x700px
>>35259978

You can buy a 3 bedroom apt in Malaysia for $100k. You can rent out two rooms for $200 income. It's easy to eat out on $100/mo. You can do a short border run every 3 months to bump your visa. If you want to do everything legit, they're happy to take $10k for a 10 year live in Malaysia visa. You can already retire if you cared to.

Pic related, it's not even third world.
>>
>>35261151
Someone on v said he wasn't rich because he only had like a million in savings and he was making so many hundred thousand dollars a year.

I forget the exact amount, but it proves rich normies are retarded
>>
>>35261198
Its in index funds and 2/5 is in my apartment
>>35261198
Interest in my bank is 1%
>>35261151
Im 26. I cant live for the rest of my life with this.
>>35261120
>>35260387
>>35261074
Thank you and thanks for the tips
>>35260382
I guess I am retarded
>>35261216
Im from scandinavia and I want to stay here for the free healthcare
>>
>>35261285

Just go back home when you need the healthcare? It's not like you lose your citizenship.
>>
>>35261216

$2400/y is not nearly enough return on a $100k investment. You'd be close to dead by the time you made your money back. He could stretch that further just renting a room for $100/m in Malaysia by your math.
>>
>>35261313
>>35261216

Alternatively you could buy a condo in Toronto, Canada for, example, for ~$500k and rent it out for $1800/m, which is way better return on investment, however still a bad investment because condos/apartments are constantly depreciating assets.
>>
>>35261365
>>35261216
I've been in real estate for a long time. Neither of these choices are great for various reasons. A lot of my money is in the US, specifically the southeast. Very steady cash flow. Check this out:

http://www.spartaninvest.com/properties/1437-highland-drive/

I'm not saying to buy this one in particular, but this is the kind of property that performs like RE should. The rent is about 1% of the price, which is a must.

Or you could look at the Midwest. Ohio in particular has a lot of turnkey companies, though I can't vouch for the area, the rustbelt to me is a little risky since jobs are leaving there.
>>
>>35261460
How did you start real estate? How does anyone pick a career there's so many

There's real estate, contracting, inspectors, trades, business

Jesus Christ
>>
>>35261516
Well, I'm not "in" real estate as a job, I work a different job and am just an investor like you. I got hooked on it after the '09 downturn with the intention of going NEET from it.

I've been toying with the idea of actually doing it as a job, but every time I look into it, I get turned off. The business just seems to be full of shady people. Lately, I'm looking at doing some home flips, but I did the numbers and they didn't look good. Just to make the same amount as I do now at my current work, I'd have to put down a lot of money, take on more stress, and probably even more hours. It just doesn't seem worth it.

So, in a few months, I'll be NEET/FI and that'll give me some time to figure out what I want to do.
>>
>>35261285
Just drop the indexfunds and invest in preferred stocks, should give around 6-7% dividend yield
>>
>>35261285
>I guess I am retarded

Even blue chip stocks will get you at least a grand with $100k, at $200k you should be seeking $3-4k a month
>>
File: smugwojak4v2.png (32KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
smugwojak4v2.png
32KB, 640x400px
>>35259978
This is pointless and the only way to win is not to play unless you're superlucky and win every lottery you participate in.
>>
>>35262036
>>35262036
>at $200k you should be seeking $3-4k a month
~27% annual return, yeah go do that
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.