[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone ever called a suicide hotline? What did you talk

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

File: 1465591860232.jpg (100KB, 1280x720px)
1465591860232.jpg
100KB, 1280x720px
Anyone ever called a suicide hotline?
What did you talk about?
Did it help?
>>
I did, I could tell the guy I was talking to fucking hated me but was trying his best to be professional.

I don't know if it helped, I was only really considering whether or not it was a reasonable idea or not, and I'm still doing that.
>>
>>35259887
>I could tell the guy I was talking to fucking hated me
what did he say that indicated that?
>>
>>35259822
Called one, i just cried a bunch and talked about how shitty my life at home was. She told me to focus on one thing, so that one thing was moving out. Then today I learned that due to me being technically self-employed at my job, I owe 6k in taxes and thats shits increasing by 1% every day. I was planning on moving out and going to school and I can't even do that. I'm retarded.
>>
>>35259822
Called one once.
Just told me to exercise more.
>>
File: IMG_0354.jpg (88KB, 1333x900px)
IMG_0354.jpg
88KB, 1333x900px
>>35260024
>Just told me to exercise more.
This triggers me so much. I exercise every day and while it's great for you it doesn't do jack shit for depression and I still want to die
>>
>>35259822
>Did it help?
No, I killed myself anyway.
>>
>>35260051
ok anon

oregano
>>
only women and normies call it
>>
File: IMG_0195.png (39KB, 914x1091px)
IMG_0195.png
39KB, 914x1091px
I called just because I was curious. It was a Christian one. He told me to bee myself.

Nice enough guy, I mean noble cause or whatever. I kinda like the ultra bible thumpers
>>
>>35259822
I did once, the person kept acting like they couldn't understand my voice well (I have a pretty plain and average voice so I really don't get it, I think they were trolling or something) and they seemed incredibly bored and disinterested. I wasn't realy planning on killing myself and only called because I was feeling very lonely and depressed at the time and had no one to talk to. I hung up in the middle of the conversation and have never called it again. I think they are trying to get people to want to kill themselves.
>>
>>35260122
They probably get people doing community service on those lines, just trying to get their hours done so they don't go to jail.
>>
This fat sounding black woman told me to drink tea..
>>
I've been tempted to call one, but I'd feel like a huge faggot for doing it. I'm on anti-depressants now so things are a little better, still feel like shit but not suicidal.

Here in the UK, with the NHS, when you're diagnosed with depression, they offer you antidepressants and therapy/counselling.

I turned down therapy for the same reason I won't call a suicide hotline - I don't like talking about my problems, I'm fucked up emotionally & socially, I don't want to open up to someone, I don't want people to take pity on me or think I'm fucked up. I fucking hate talking about what's wrong, it makes you vulnerable.

is that watamote OP?
>>
>>35260193
Therapy is a stroke fest anyways. Waste of time.
>>
>>35259822
I was mad because my dad died and my family and friends were unavailable a mere two and a half weeks after his death leaving me alone in our apartment. I'm getting my bachelor's in psychology, so I was curious to know how this would go and I was desperate. Basically she
> repeated what I said to her worded in a different way
> refused to give me advice or her own opinion beyond restating what I said, which made me wonder if she's legally bound from doing that
> asked if I was going to kill myself
> said no
> told me after 15 minutes there were other people on the queue but if I still wanted to talk I could call back later
honestly could have gotten better support on reddit
>>
I did once.

It was at a time where I drove out to some train tracks in the middle of nowhere and was trying to work up to standing on the the rails. I remembered the number and called it as a sort of last hope. The woman on the line sounded very bored, just responded with "ah" and "mhmm" and just sounded like she was flipping through a magazine while talking with me. I wrapped up the call and in frustration started screaming at the top of my lungs until my voice was hoarse, before sitting in silence for about an hour an then going home.

My sister went to volunteer for a suicide line once. She took me along to one of the open evenings where they discuss the job with new recruits and anyone who is interested. They said they are not trained to stop a suicide and can't locate you other than asking where you are. They have also said that about once a month they get a caller who suicides on the phone, and they only reason they call is because they don't want to be alone in their final moments.
>>
>>35260051
spooky post A+
>>
>>35259822
She pretended to care while secretly tracing my number and sending the police here. Who then hand cuffed me and threw me into a crazy house which was basically jail with a bunch of literal crack heads and pissed of black "nurses"
>>
>>35260515
bullshit. they can't trace your number. They can only know your address if you tell them and if you ask for help. otherwise, no one would ever call a hotline in fear of being forced into a psychiatric hospital.
>>
I'm not gonna do that shit if I'm gonna kill myself I'm set on it
>>
File: 1488352832620.jpg (81KB, 400x387px) Image search: [Google]
1488352832620.jpg
81KB, 400x387px
when i was 14 and back when i had friends we prank called a suicide hotline and got the cops called on us, good memories
>>
>>35260566
not that guy anon but yes they can
>>
>"It's gonna get better."
>"How? What logical reason do I have to assume that any circumstances I have will change at some point in the future?"
>"Trust me, it gets better."
>>
>>35260193
>Here in the UK, with the NHS, when you're diagnosed with depression, they offer you antidepressants and therapy/counselling.

Biggest pile of shit i ever seen. I tried to take my life by jumping of a bridge and breaking my arm and was knokced out for three days. All I got was a pamphlet to group sessions and that was it.

NHS is full of fucking cunts!
>>
>>35260193
yes it is watamote friend
>>
>>35261308
I hate the NHS sometimes.

They kept on getting me to go to group therapy session despite telling them repeated times that I don't like groups of people. They turned around and said to me "we can't help if you're not willing to help yourself :/"
>>
2 of my friends are currently in training for the suicide prevention hotline (both are huge faggots and one of them is an SJW). It's just the usual crap. Normies trying to sympathise. It only works if you're truly desperate. In many cases for people suicidal enough, it should work.
>>
Being the person who picks up the phone there must be grating. It must be soul crushing. I had an online friend who would always talk about killing themselves and I would always have to try and talk them out of it. I meant well at first, and I genuinely tried to reason with them, but after a point it becomes clear that you can reason with them all you want and it's not going to get through to them. They just want to hear comforting things, they want you to give them your positive energy until you have none left for yourself. After a while it just became something like this >>35261218 until they said they were feeling better and I was emotionally drained. It's not like I don't think about killing myself too sometimes, you know? I just don't go putting my friends in that kind of situation because I know how shitty it is. I can't imagine having to do that multiple times a day for hours at a time for complete strangers all the time.
>>
>>35262451
I'm a khv robot NEET and want to die. Would I be good for the job? I'd be able to sympathise with people but I might just start agreeing with whatever they say.
>>
>>35262561
Definitely not. They both have lots of referrals from doing other community stuff. One of them graduated as a psych major and the other used to do social work as his real job. They don't want robots because they don't know that robots exist. They assume every suicidal dumbfuck is just a normie whose sad about his GF breaking up with him. In any case, they're looking for normies because you need to be qualified to handle other normies since they don't perceive anything else.

Also, you don't get paid. It's volunteer work and you're required to do one 24 hr shift a month.
>>
>>35260047
I cycle 2 hours a day and my regret have my breaking out in tears atleast every evening.
Exercise isn't a fucking miracle cure.
>>
>>35262752
>queue the normie that links the YouTube video about exercise and our brains
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.