[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My microwave door broke off. I'm not going to use it until

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

File: 293px-MW_Vodunius_Nuccius.jpg (27KB, 293x356px) Image search: [Google]
293px-MW_Vodunius_Nuccius.jpg
27KB, 293x356px
My microwave door broke off. I'm not going to use it until I get it fixed, but even with it off is there a danger that it could radiate my room or something? I'm seriously worried. I feel like I'm being exposed to radiation.
>>
>>35250938
Microwave radiation isn't that bad, right? Just don't stand in front of it when you're using it.
>>
I recommend disabling the unit by setting it on high for 5mins and tossing it into a full bathtub. Don't go it the water or you will become Spider-Man, LOOK OUT!
>>
When it's off it will not do any thing. It is not releasing radiation in to your room.

I would'nt use it until it's fixed though.
>>
>>35250938
You gotta run it for a while to make sure all of the extra radiation gets used.
Be sure to keep a close eye on it.
Trust me, Im a doctor
>>
>>35250938
You get more radiation from simply going outside on a sunny day. Microwave ovens don't emit microwaves when they are not in use either, so unless you are a sperg who sticks his face against the microwave to watch your food cook, there's literally no real danger.
>>
>>35251001

Probably but I worry about everything. I used the microwave a few hours ago, and now the door is off. Is it possible some of the "heat" is still there and radiating my room, right now? I am freaking out.
>>
File: 1487332690977.jpg (9KB, 248x247px) Image search: [Google]
1487332690977.jpg
9KB, 248x247px
>>35251065
>You get more radiation from simply going outside on a sunny day
>>
>>35251065
That simply not true
>>
Electrical engineer here

You should probably just kill yourself right now to avoid a slow and painful death from time-variant EM field exposure
>>
Worst it would do is make you feel hot if you were directly in line with the opening. Doubt it would burn you quicker than you could get out of the way of it.
>>
>>35250938
Microwaves aren't ionising and it probably won't function correctly without the door to reflect microwaves inward.

If the door is intact and fits on the hinges it should work. If you're that scared just face it at a wall.
>>
File: 1483732142192.jpg (29KB, 399x385px) Image search: [Google]
1483732142192.jpg
29KB, 399x385px
>take microwave door off
>turn microwave on
>whole world gets microwaved and everyone dies a painful death

This is OP's logic
>>
>>35251748

I'm not going to use it, I'm just worried about the fact I used it a few hours ago and the door is now off.
>>
>>35252161
You should have paid attention in highschool physics.
It's not ionising radiation and has no residual effect.
>>
>>35250938
while the radiowave flux would probably be low enough to not cause you bodily harm(might cook your eyes if your close enough tho), it will absolutely fuck any electronics you have.

Also, most microwaves have a switch that gets pressed in when the door is closed so that it cant accidentally turn on when someone goes FBR. you should be fine op
>>
Even after unplugging a microwave the coils generate radiation for about five hours. With the door off the radiation is actually getting funneled towards the room rather than being dispersed evenly. However, at worst you'll just feel a little sick and have maybe a .1% higher chance of developing cancer.
>>
>>35252161
yeah no its fine. it uses radiowaves which instantaneously dissipate the second the system is turned off. if they really were radioactive, muslims would use them in suicide attacks
>>
Unplug it you fucking space cadet.
>>
File: 1487047950397.jpg (39KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
1487047950397.jpg
39KB, 500x333px
>>35252283
maybe a few picoseconds in the LC tank circuit output, or a few microseconds from the discharge of the HV capacitor and the residual thermal emission of electrons the the tube. your fucking retarded
>>
File: 1479326944299.gif (1KB, 115x150px) Image search: [Google]
1479326944299.gif
1KB, 115x150px
Vodunius Nuccius is a scammer, buy the shitty ring for him and he still doesn't leave Morrowind. Instead he stays in Seyda Neen scamming more clueless newbies.

I bet he's got a bunch of those useless rings in some cache.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.